TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through December 06, 2011 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed Aisha Tyler. She's pretty smart and seemed to know what she was talking about. That might be a big no-no with Ms. Chen.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Mamie! I just caught a few minutes of today's show and was trying to figure out who that lovely black woman was who looked so familiar! Aisha Tyler! Of course! Love her!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I like Aisha and Kris. I don't see that Sheryl adds much to any discussion / the show. Sharon is / isn't coming back? I miss her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sharon is coming back.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I saw this Tweet from Leah Remini which led me to this story. http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980113087

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Who da heck is Jaret Winokur?? I never saw her on the Talk or anywhere else before!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was wondering that too--maybe Jaret was writer or producer?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
CJ and JB: Re: Marissa Janet Winoker:

Marissa Winokur, is an American actress known for her performance as Tracy Turnblad in the highly successful Broadway musical adaptation of John Waters' film Hairspray, as well as her work on the Pamela Anderson sitcom Stacked.

She was a contestant on the popular reality competition series Dancing With the Stars and went on to host the similar Dance Your Ass Off. Most recently she was serving as a co-host on the daily daytime talk show The Talk, but will not be returning in 2011. Instead she will focus on her clothing line and a new cable TV show.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marissa_Jaret_Winokur

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oops, that should be Marissa JARET Winokur

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mame! Still not getting who she is. Honestly have to say that I dont remember her on the show at all.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Glad to heat that CJ, cuz I NEVER saw her on that show and I have watched it often!!

Kady

07-30-2000

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kady a private message Print Post    
i remember her...she was on the first week or 2. she wasn't there around the table every day but was like a woman on the streets and go out and talk to real people and bring in filmed segments.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
OK, but she must have been out on the street when I was watching and missed her. But does anyone think its possible that Julie is that power crazy? Would she threaten her co-workers? Would she get them fired? I would have said no 6 months ago, but the way Leah and Holly were let go....it makes me feel like it could be true.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I remember Marissa being on the show, but not at all often.

Because Julie is Mrs. Moonves and because nothing has been said officially about Leah and Holly, it looks very suspicious.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Marissa's time was awkward and mercifully short.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, October 07, 2011 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this afternoon? Julie was discussing if it was time to forgive Tiger Woods, Mel Gibson and or Arnold S. Sheryl's comments stood out to me because she sounded as if she was just dropped out of a time machine from the 1950s! Punishing a cheating husband with credit card over usage was one thing I can remember she said--there was other stuff I cant specify. And Sharon has put her foot in it already with a comment she made yesterday about Florence Henderson who was a guest today. Julie made her apologize.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, October 07, 2011 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I follow Leah on Twitter - and I think Holly was a great spokesperson for Autism - and now that's been silenced...

I thought Leah was getting too many fans, having too much fun - now she's fired - and most of her tweets are trying to explain that Holly and her are NOT on vacation! they are acting like these other guests hosts are just rotating -

I cant watch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 07, 2011 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Holly has her foundation, so she is hardly silenced about autism. She got a ton of exposure for the organization during that season, so you can look at it as half full or half empty, I guess.

Sheryl has sort of won me over early on but has lost me since for quite a few comments.

I watched I guess the first ep where Sharon was back and the audience was quite enthusiastic.

I hadn't heard that many people being huge fans of Leah..most people out in the wild (meaning not online) would immediately mention being annoyed by Leah.

I didn't mind her. Got so I ff through much of Holly.

Guest hosts simply implies that they aren't permanent, nothing to do with Holly or Leah or Marissa for that matter.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
Gee, I wish people were still posting about the show. I'm so sorry that Leah and Holly are gone. I think the show is boring without them. I don't like that Cheryl at all. She's too coarse. It seems like she isn't very bright. And I hate the man crazy act she puts on. It reminds me why I don't like Sherri on The View.}}}

Zippy

07-03-2011

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I completely agree with you Lost. I cancelled the recording of this show off of my tivo, I just can't watch anymore. I liked Leah and Holly was ok, but the new ladies are awful. I am not a fan of the Kardashians and it seems like I can't get away from them, ugh!

Denisec1989

06-02-2007

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denisec1989 a private message Print Post    
I noticed that Sara Gilbert is listed as an Executive Producer. Could she have anything to do with Leah and Holly not returning? I know when I watched sometimes I thought Leah really "picked"/ "teased" on Sara somewhat. Even cringe worthy to me sometimes.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Actress-comedian Aisha Tyler is joining The Talk as a new co-host. Tyler, who previously guest hosted the CBS daytime talk show for a week, starts tomorrow when she will take a spot around the table alongside Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood. Along with Underwood, Tyler is the second new co-host tapped for the talk show following the recent departure of Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete. For the past 2 months, The Talk employed a number of recurring guest hosts, including Kris Jenner and Molly Shannon, as Osbourne too is taking some time off this fall. Deadline Hollywood

I love Aisha Tyler and love that she's joining the show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She's definitely a plus for the show. Let's just hope that Julie can handle having an intelligent counterpart.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheryl could go..

Who the heck is Susie Essman?

I've been starting shows and often deleting, especially if Sharon isn't there.

I'll have to watch with Aisha, but I tire of the endless stream of comedians on these shows.. as a rule, but of course have to evaluate each one.

The show was Sara's brainchild so she does get exec producer credit. But hard to say who made firing choices. Leah was supposed to be a close friend of Sara's prior to the show starting. But Sara's had a more serious breakup (partner) in the meantime, so things can always change.

I do appreciate the change as far as people ganging up on Sara this season.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That was dumb! Melissa Gilbert was a guest today. Maybe it was because she said Michael Landon was a bigger prankster than George Clooney . . . . Because Julie had at some time pushed a pie into Sarah Gilbert's face on the show in the past, she shoved a pie in Melissa's face and then ran off stage. No one was running after her. Camera was on the group at the table -- Sharon helping clean up Melissa's face. It was the end of the segment with Melissa. Last shot of Melissa was of her whip cream covered face. It was awkward. Nothing particularly funny to me. Julie??? Bad idea.