TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 20, 2011 users admin

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Just about everything in this episode was upsetting - but it is done so well and I really enjoy all of it- from the funny to the macabre!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I dvr the show and usually watch it over the weekend because it's less scary on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Thought last week's show was excellent, and based on these teasing posts can't wait to watch last night's show. May have to try to fit it in for tonight.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Sarasmile Good catch! Didn't see it coming until this episode!

This was one of the best episodes!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thanks Frogi - didn't even want it to be true, but I can kind of see how they could build a continuing series on the show now.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
So sad for poor Violet! Her eyes told exactly how she was feeling. Constance needs to pay for her actions. And I love the character of Larry and hope he will some how be a part of the show. Did you notice the "No Smoking" sign as he was walking in the jail to speak to Constannce? I love subtleties like that. This show is amazing!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's strange, the show has been renewed, but the house is up for sale!

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/12/american-horror-story-house-for-sale.html#

If I had $4.5Million to spare, which, not surprisingly, I don't, I'm just not sure I'd want to live there anymore!

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch tonight? I was not shocked at how it turned out.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I fell asleep! Thanks for not giving it away.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
wicked

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
As usual, I won't watch till the weekend so am always a week behind. Thought last week's episode was the best to date, jaw-dropping.
Did read some interesting spoilers on last night's show, but won't spoil for others.
Was surprised and disappointed to learn that the season finale is next week though!

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Thrilled to see Jessica Lange nominated for Golden Globe for her role on this show.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Thrilled to see Jessica Lange nominated for Golden Globe for her role on this show.

I swear I was thinking last night she needs to win an Emmy!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
She's fantastic. Burns up the celluloid when she's on screen.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I love this show. I think it is my favorite.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Questions-If Constance has 4 kids,who is the 4th one? Also, if everyone thats killed in the house is destined to eternity in that home,why do we not see Constances husband who was shot by her?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Didn't she feed him through a meat grinder?? He's probably still in the house, just a little too squelchy to speak...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Also, if everyone thats killed in the house is destined to eternity in that home,why do we not see Constances husband who was shot by her?"

We saw him recently...and not in a flashback either. He had sex with Hayden and then she stabbed him in the chest....he lay there there motionless for a few seconds and then got back up as if it never happened. (Btw, Constance's ex is played by Eric Close, nephew to Glenn Close.)

It is interesting that the Black Dahlia died in the house decades ago but it appears that she has only recently been aware that she's dead and it also appears that some of the other ghosts who died in the house long after the Black Dahlia are just now meeting her.

Maybe there is some evil force that's "waking up" the ghosts. After all, getting a "half living human/half supernatural entity" baby seems to be a uniting factor for these ghostly inhabitants....they are conspiring with one another to get Nate and Vivien's Baby. I'm sure Vivien will now find herself in competition with the other baby-coveting ghosts.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
And they just recently showed the wife and daughters of the burned guy. I thought she said something that he was finally ready to see them. The daughters were quite taken with Travis.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm getting confused then, I thought Eric Close was the husband of the blonde woman with the coiffed hair (Nora?). wibble

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, unless I'm crazy (which is a distinct possibility), Nora Montgomery was the wife of the crazy doctor (played by Matt Ross), the man who built the house.

The first time we saw Eric Close (Hugo), he was trying to rape Moire when Constance walked in, saw them in her bed, and shot them both.

Then recently Hugo was shown in bed with Hayden (who knew that ghosts had sex with each other??)...and Hayden stabbed him although it didn't do permanent damage, with him being a ghost and all.

(I've seen each episode twice...I watch them when they air and then again with a friend a week or so later. )

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I found some info that might clear things up a little....it's the recap of the "Rubberman" episode:

<snip>

Which transitions to Nora weeping (always weeping) in the bedroom. Hayden (Kate Mara) shows up and they discuss the fact that they’re dead and stuck in the house. Hayden describes the difference between the innocent and deserving people that have been killed in the house. She plays catch with Beau (Sam Kinsey) and argues with Moira. Hayden is stirring up trouble with more than just the Harmons it seems and she is enjoying the power the house gives her. Hayden and Constance’s dead husband, Hugo (Eric Close) have violent ghost sex in which Hayden stabs him to double-death…but, in her words, it “doesn’t stick.”

<snip>

http://collider.com/american-horror-story-recap-rubber-man/128493/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
"stabs him to double death" Lol. Lots of characters to keep up with and the show is so dam dark I cant tell whose who. I dont remember the meat grinding scene. Yikes!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes so many characters to keep up with. Thanks for the reminders. I have trouble recognising characters the first few times I see them, so what happens in the later episodes (Hayden and Eric Close) is a lot clearer than who shot Eric Close in the early episode!

I saw NBC is putting the whole seasons of a few of their current shows online so people can catch up online if they missed it (Grimm is one of them I might try). I wish FX would do that with this, I'd get so much more out of them if I watched them again... but then of course I'd have to find the time!

Lakecat, I might have got the wrong end of the stick on grinding Hugo, but there's that machine in the basement and then the dogs were fed tasty bowls of meat! But I could very easily be mis-remembering!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh found the meat clip, it's at about 19mins and 30secs into episode 10, which is on hulu. They don't actually show the grinding, they show her telling the detectives that her husband disappeared mixed with shots of her dragging him down to the basement, looking at the meat grinder, and then feeding her dogs!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/307566/american-horror-story-smoldering-children#s-p1-so-i0
19mins or so in.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
In a bit of related news...Jessica Lange and her partner of 30 years, Sam Shepard, have separated. :-(

(apparently they split two years ago but just now went public.)