TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 07, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 07, 2011 users admin

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else going to miss the actress who played Adelaide? She was great on the Halloween episode. Too bad Constance didn't make it to the lawn. :/

Jessica Lange is also making this show fabulous. She's amazing.

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
This show creeps me out. My wife makes me watch it with her, as she's watching it with her eyes half covered.

But the brief nudity in the rating piqued my curiosity, but have found myself disappointed as all we've been privy too is a guys butt.

I'm still a couple episodes from being caught up...but I'm really interested to see how it all ties together. How does everyone fit in the puzzle.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's a really good interview with the creator, Ryan Murphy. I was surprised to find out they are still shooting the episodes. They are shooting the finale right now.

Don't read it until you have seen last night's episode.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/16/american-horror-story..../

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
This show freaks me out.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Does anyone think it's possible that Violet became a ghost when she took those pills and Tate did not really save her? And that's why she can see the other ghosts now? Or is it that now that Addie is gone, the house needs a living girl that's kind of attached to it- to keep an eye on it? This show is driving me nuts - not knowing who is alive and who is not. But it's really a great show - shocking language for TV every so often, right?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
It's possible--though Tate seems adamant about keeping her alive. I wonder if she's leaving the house to go to school? That would solve it.

So Constance has a fourth child. Good lord what miserable creature will that be? I do think the husband is maybe attached to the house from his past--it's been crossing my mind.

That hybrid baby creature is really creepy--especially after they showed Nora bloody from it knawing on her nipples. Ew.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Of course, Tate seems adamant about keeping himself alive, because he doesn't know he's dead, either, LOL - but I see what you're saying Nyheat. He is always going to be tied to the house as her protector - even if Constance tries to get him to cross over (which I don't think is really true).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
When did Constance live in that house? They keep referring to it as her house.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Maybe in the 60s? She referred at one point to being an aspiring starlet who came from the South. I assume we'll get her back story with the house eventually.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
As I have been watching I have to wonder, is this show a conglomeration of classic and real life horror stories or am I reading things into it?

So far I have of course picked up in Columbine. Not sure if the break in was the Manson or the Jeffery McDonald (floppy hat/hippy) story. The kidnapped child's and fathers name was Charles. Linbergh perhaps?

I know there is a story out there about nursing students being slain in their dorm, I just can't think of it the this time. I will have to google it.

All with hints of the not real life, Rosemarys Baby thrown in.

I can't place the guy setting his family on fire. Anyone else have a clue about that one? That and the Rubber Man and hints on what that could be.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I found the story about the nurses.

In July of 1966, Richard Speck, murdered 8 nursing students in their Chicago dormitory.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
found a site and watched all the episodes one after another. Now i'm pretty confused as to the direction this is going.

if they keep introducing new characters/ ghosts/ history each week, its gonna get crowded in that house

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I didn't even watch last Wed.--shameful. I'm getting a little bored. I think when Dylan moved out it made the show a little less interesting. Guess I'll catch last week's episode on Free on Demand.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Biloxi, the burned guy who is the fire bug (who also crushed on Constance once upon a time) is the guy who played Russell Edgington on True Blood. He was the King of Mississippi.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I will have to rewatch the last ep. I am totally confused about the rubber suit guy. I mean the darker haired guy from the gay couple started out in the suit in the flashback, and then Tate was in the outfit. I am totally confused.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
the rubbersuits were discovered hanging in the attic empty on Episode One.

there was a scene in which the mom had sex with the rubbersuit guy thinking it was her husband.

i'm confused as to whom it is supposed to be as well since he killed the Gay guys (mean and rough to them) but had sex with the woman episode one (was gentle enough she thought it was her husband).

the whole premise confuses me, the ghosts are Real enough and solid enough for others to interact with (the security guard/ preg. student ghost)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Back when the gay couple were alive, Zach Quinto (dark haired one) bought the rubber suit and put it on because he thought his boyfriend wanted that... the boyfriend didn't, it was clear they were going to break up and the dreams of having a baby were over.

Tate, the young fair haired dead guy that the alive daughter just slept with, wanted a baby in the house to keep dead Nora (the blonde wife with the dead (stillborn??) baby and the nicely coiffed hair) happy. Since the gay couple were clearly not going to have the baby any more, he dressed in the rubber man suit to trick them and kill them, in the hope that the next owners would have a baby.

In the current time, Ben found the suit in the closet but the rubber suit man has always been Tate. I'm unclear whether he just had sex with/raped Vivien to impregnate her, or whether he just did it for fun (the maid said he had to get over his issues with pleasing women), I'm guessing to impregnate her. I'd think his dead semen aren't likely to produce babies but then I wouldn't have thought dead people could have sex either.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
To muddy the rubber suit waters even more....in the first episode, the ending credits listed Riley Schmidt as "Rubber Man".

He is officially listed on imdb.com as "Rubber Man" in the Pilot episode:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2030547/combined

-------------------

He is also on (what appears to be) an official American Horror Story web site (includes picture of Schmidt):

LINK to americanhorrorstory.info

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You weren't kidding when you said it would muddy the waters even more, SFJ...LOL We've never seen that guy on the show. Maybe he's like the stunt guy or stand in guy because none of the other actors can stand being in the suit for too long.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, or they hadn't been to the gym enough recently! I like how Zach Quinto's character said he wasn't sure he could pull off the suit, when he was buying it... with actors generally being so concerned with their looks I can't imagine many clamouring to put that suit on!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just found another tidbit about the rubber suit.......it looks like they hired Riley Schmidt to do that scene but then they reshot it with McDermott wearing the rubber suit!

An interview:

Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton Preview American Horror Story's Upcoming Scares

<snip>

TV Guide Magazine: And then, of course, there's the kinky sex. Dylan, what was it like getting into that fetish rubber suit?

McDermott: I had been fitted for that latex suit, which is pretty amazing, by the way. But, alas, I am not the Rubber Man.

Britton: They actually hired a guy [Riley Schmidt] to play the Rubber Man, but then when we shot that sex scene [in the pilot], they had Dylan wear the suit so it would be a little bit more comfortable for me. I was really nervous, and then once we actually shot it, I went up to Ryan and was like, "That wasn't so bad." And he goes, "Ugh, I'm horrified." One of my favorite things was that Ryan Murphy was so shaken by his own creation. He could barely watch!

<snip>

http://www.tvguide.com/News/McDermott-Britton-AHS-1039510.aspx

-----------------------

I think Kitt's right....the bottom line is that Chad (Zachary Quinto) originally bought the rubber suit, but Tate wore it when he killed the gay couple and it was also supposed to be Tate in the rubber suit when Vivienne had sex with the Rubber Man.

However, even though Tate the ghost was the Rubber Man in the bedroom scene with Vivienne, it was actually Dylan McDermott the actor who was wearing it when that scene was shot.

It also appears from this article that Riley Schmidt's only Rubber Man scene was left on the cutting room floor!

LOL I'm getting disoriented!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, I am going to have to ask you to step away from the keyboard or else my head is going to spin right off...LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
<backing away from Rubber Man.....>

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
This is a great show. Is anyone still watching?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I am! But I needed to catch up, so watched three episodes tonight--Free on Demand than the regular episode. (I know, more than enough, lol.)

Well, Sarasmile, you were right! Seeing Violet like that was truly upsetting, more so than anything else that's happened on the show. Tonight's episode was the best of the three I watched. The Black Dahlia episode was pretty good as well.