TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 24, 2011 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm intrigued by the new character (Cuddy from House), she's not overpowering but she's not going quietly either, she gets her point across with a simple nod or smile to Alicia which confirms she was right all along... Mmmm (I still prefer her as Cuddy, she had a softer side than this new lawyer).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm not liking her character. She's too much like nails on a blackboard for me.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Ophiliasgrandma, I'm not liking this lady either. I also don't like Will and Alisha together, but I really do like the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH and I watched this week's episode. Love, love, love Carrie Preston! I told DH she is married to Michael Emerson (from Lost and now Person Of Interest). She also plays Arlene on True Blood. She and her hubby are such quirky actors! Would love to see them together again at some point!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Is the who the dippy, but effective lawyer was? She was great!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
She is trouble I wonder if Alicia is going to leave the firm to work with that other lawyer because she did say she wanted to learn from her. Just a thought

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I took note of her also and looked up who she was.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I would think if they have Alicia leave the firm, it would screw up a lot of the story lines that have going.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Carrie Preston was so funny in this episode!

I wish they'd do a spin-off starring her as that character...sort of a "dramedy" courtroom series like Harry's Law or Boston Legal. (Of course for it to be comparable to those two very fun series, David E Kelly would have to get involved!)

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
That was one of my favorite shows! That quirky lawyer was a riot.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tonight I did not appreciate scenes of decayed bodies. I don't watch CSIs, Bones, etc., etc. for that reason. I don't think it was necessary to show them.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I love that this show isn't always stuffy & serious. Felating a plastic Santa? Now THAT's funny. Then to find out he was doing funny things all around DC was great. It showed that college students do stupid stuff and always have, but in this day and age, they have to start realizing that everything can come back to bit you in the backside.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was hopeing Alisha would walk in and catch Grandma with her snooping. I do not like any of the kids in this show.
I think showing of the bodies was necessary to show Alisha's conflicting emotion about the prisoner.
Serious question here...how do you spell hopeing. Spell checker says I am wrong.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Hoping.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you, I did that and it just didn't look right. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks or spelling.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, this will help you remember ;)

When you add 'ing' to a one-syllable word that ends with an 'e'.....drop the 'e' and add ING.

eg. like = liking
write = writing
bike = biking

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Holly, Thanks. I understand all of those examples, I just have a problem with hoping. It just does not look right to me. I'll get over it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Surprised again that Cuddy (easier for me to remember) wasn't in on last night's show either. I realize it wasn't her best character to portray but she had potential for a better one in the firm. Too bad.
And you wonder why Cary let Kalinda go after their kiss, if a man who kisses a woman because he's been longing to do so for a longtime and asks her "what are we doing" and she replies "I have no idea"... well, the guy should no longer wonder and admit she's too bysexual for his taste. That was my impression and he should get over Kalinda pretty soon.
The love scenes between Alicia and Will are almost non existent and yet the relationship is in full swing. I like the boss lawyer keeping a close eye on them... I wonder what she's going to tell them soon about it.
The politician that had to give up his political career because of a facebook indiscretion when he was in college should have known better and never get into politics, I mean you want to be that dumb then don't be a politician.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm quickly losing interest in this show. Last night I FF through most of it. Wendy Scott-Carr drives me insane. I'm not sure if it's the actress herself, or if it's the part she's trying to play, but her voice and demeanor is so incredibly smug I can't stand to watch anything with her in it. The case of the cheese vs the vegetables made me feel like I was watching an episode of Veggie Tales last night. And the judge wanting to make private conversations between two attorneys public record is absolutely ridiculous. The stories are off this year. Did they lose some of their original writers? The only redeeming part of last night's show was Alicia telling off Jackie and then shutting the door in her face. That was awesome. Oh, and her telling her kid to get his jacket, they're buying him a car.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Gurlie, I loved that last part with the car. The change in her son's demeanor when he realized what she had just said was great!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Three best shows on TV (I don't have cable or satellite) in no particular order -- The Good Wife, Parenthood, and Modern Family.

Loved it when Diane told Will to STOP messin' with Alicia.

I know what you mean about Wendy Scott-Carr. I think it's the part / good acting. Sometimes I feel a little that way about Will. His ego can be a turn-off. Diane needs to put him in his place.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I love that grandma was put in her place. I think in real life with Will and Alisha putting the firm in jeopardy, that Diane and the other partners would fire Alisha.
Can't stand Wendy Scott-Carr. Hopefully the actress is not anything like her character. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. All that sweetness and all the time she is probably stabbing you in the back. Good acting. lol

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The actress who plays Wendy Scott-Carr (Anika Noni Rose) is one of my favorites. It is her acting the part that makes us dislike her. She was adorable as the nerdy secretary in No. 1 Ladies Detective agency. And she was brilliant as one of the Dreams in Dreamgirls.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The military court ruling was a bit dubious, scapegoat or not she was found guilty as we did see in the opening scene the girl clearly pushing the button at the wrong time. However, Alicia should have insisted the medication she was taking could have made it impossible for the girl to properly assess the situation and maybe find a lesser charge, but nope, it felt like it was almost useless trying to present an opinion. Why did they even try to defend the girl, and Alicia ends up being told how wrong she was by the judge and meekly accepting defeat. Blah!

If Will has something to hide how could he not have covered his tracks... I'm curious as to how he will prove himself innocent of any wrongdoing so long ago.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Still loving this show. I thought Eli and the cheese vs. veggies was hilarious!! Love Eli to pieces and so happy to see him join the firm this year. Have you ever seen him talk off the show? He has a very thick Scottish brogue. He does really well speaking "American."

Also Archie Punjabi has a British accent, which we've noticed coming out in her character once in a while. Poor directing.

Still think this is one of the best written shows on TV. Love the characters and there's almost always a turn you don't expect.

Love that Alicia finally told Jackie to butt out and took Josh out to buy a car.