TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Live with Kelly: Archive through November 28, 2011 users admin

Necie

09-07-2006

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 2:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Necie a private message Print Post    
I watched Live with Regis and Kathie Lee when they went national and have been watching ever since. I was pregnant with my son when the show started. Kelly has just signed a 5 yr contract. I hope she gets a good co host. I wish Anderson Cooper had not gotten his own show. I would have loved him as her co-host. That sounded wrong. I am happy for him. lol

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mame. I will try Hulu. Sometimes networks put a hold on releasing new episodes. For example, with Glee, if you have Dish the episode is released the next day but if you don't have Glee, you have to wait eight days to see the episode.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Necie, some markets are dropping Anderson's show because Ricki Lake is taking the spot. So, maybe you'll get your wish....

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was sweet. I was not a daily or weekly viewer either, but occasionally. Kelly was on All My Children, which was my soap. : ( Anyway, I taped the show on DVR but it was messed up both on sound and sometimes video. I watched it online at www.dadt.com/live.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
was very disappointed on the honeymoon story. after all the years of lead up.

Not sure the show will ever be the same. Watched since just about the beginning

bye Regis

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
was very disappointed on the honeymoon story. after all the years of lead up.

Me too! In fact, I didn't even quite get it. I think there must be more, but that's all Regis was willing to share.

I've been a daily watcher of the show for years, and only because of Regis. I like Kelly, but it was hard to watch her constantly interrupt Regis. We'll see if that changes with her new co-host.

Not sure I'll be recording it daily anymore. Regis was the reason I watched. But I do wish the best for Kelly and the show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really like Kelly. She's someone I would hang around with. We are a lot alike. I can't wait to see who her new co-host is.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ever since Kelly sort of overreacted when Clay Aiken was on the show, I really could never get to liking her again. I always did have a little connection with Regis since we are both of Albanian decent.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was disapointed in the last show. I will miss Reeg. I like Kelly,I always thought it was Clay Aiken that over reacted. Didnt he call her a homophobe or something? I cant stand peoples hands on my face either,especially on my mouth.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I always did have a little connection with Regis since we are both of Albanian decent.

It says in his bio on the IMDB and during the Thursday night special Regis said he is of Italian and Irish ethnicity.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Wikipedia:

His mother, Filomena "Florence" (née Boscia), was of Arbëreshë heritage.

The Arbëreshë are a linguistic and ethnic Albanian minority community living in southern Italy, especially the regions of Apulia, Basilicata, Molise, Calabria and Sicily.[2] They settled in Southern Italy in the 15th to 18th centuries AD in several waves of migrations, following the death of the Albanian national hero George Kastrioti Skanderbeg and the gradual conquest of Albania and throughout the Byzantine Empire by the Ottoman Turks. The Arbëreshë have their own distinct culture and have been able to preserve the original Albanian identity[3] over the centuries. Over the centuries the Arbëreshë have managed to maintain and develop their identities, thanks to their stubbornness and cultural value exercised mainly by the two religious communities of the Eastern Rite Byzantine Catholics, based in Calabria, the "Collegio Corsini" (1732) and then "Corsini-Sant'Adriano" in 1794 and Sicily in the "Seminario Greco-Albanese of Palermo" (1735) then transferred to Piana degli Albanesi in 1945. Today, most of the fifty Arbëreshë communities still preserve the Byzantine Catholics belonging to the Italo-Albanian Catholic Church of Eastern Rite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regis_Philbin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arb%C3%ABresh%C3%AB_people

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Kelly and the Clay thing was blown way out by Clay. I am so sure that Kelly did not mean anything by it and I saw the show and she was kidding. Many times when someone would go to touch me I have made the comment "Don't touch me I don't know where your hands were" as a joke and I would be willing to bet she was kidding also. She is so far from a homophobe, as a matter of fact she is very good friends with Anderson Cooper and Neil Patrick Harris. I like Kelly and hope that they find someone to co-host with her that she really connects with. I will miss Regis.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I only watch when Regis is on vacation.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Braveheart. It was hard to watch Kelly constantly interrupt Regis. On one of his last shows, she had interrupted him once again and he asked her if he could please tell the story himself. The irony is he is a master raconteur, no one can tell a story like King Regis.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Agree with Brave and Longbeach--in the last few years Kelly has been acting like Regis is past it, and all his quirks are silly. She actually made fun of him a lot lately, like one would with a doddering old uncle who is out of it.
It will be interesting to see how things go with Kelly on her own. She is bright and funny, so the show wont be folding up anytime soon, but Regis had the chemiostry that worked with just about all his co-hosts.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I have noticed that when Kelly is co-hosting with others she is so much more courteous and generous. One time, when Seinfeld was co-hosting, Kelly was doing so much talking, Jerry said, "Do I get a chance to talk". She humbly sat back and let him talk.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think it's funny because I found that they both interrupted each other all the time. Regis constantly talked while the guests were talking. I think the two of them talk more than the guests they were interviewing!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think there is a certain amnt of interrruptions with any talk show host when there is more than one host. At least neither one is as bad as the ladies from The View.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
LOL That's very true, Lakecat.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I for 1 am not sorry to see Regis exit. Really Gelman should have been sitting in his chair since Regis couldn't say or do anything without checking with Gelman

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
You know, Irsnappy, I was thinking the same thing today. I think Gelman should get a shot at hosting even if it is only as a fill in host.

Ann

09-27-2005

Friday, November 25, 2011 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
"I like Kelly,I always thought it was Clay Aiken that over reacted. Didnt he call her a homophobe or something?"

No, he didn't over-react and he did not call her a homophobe. Rosie O'Donnell was the one that called Kelly that. Rosie,at the time, was a host on The View and she was talking about what occurred between Clay and Kelly and she basically called Kelly a homophobe. Kelly happened to be watching The View that day and put a call into the show and they put her on live,which led to an on air disagreement between Rosie and Kelly. Clay never uttered those words. If it weren't for Kelly's rant and Rosie getting involved, the mishap would have remained the awkward moment that it was, and nothing more!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was just watching "Shrek the Third" last night. I didn't realize Regis did a voice on there. Ironically, I always thought the character resembled him. lol.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Regis Philbin IS Shrek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpKNsnzqWRQ

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Neil Patrick Harris is co-hosting today. They are meshing together fairly well. Neil and David spent thanksgiving with Kelly and family. Neil doesn't mind interrupting Kelly because someone has to do it.

I saw Kelly with Jerry Seinfeld and they did not mesh together well. It was like Kelly did not understand Jerry. Also Kelly ruined Jerry's jokes and wouldn't let him talk.

I saw Kelly with a guy that I do not know. He had long hair and an accent -- British I think? Anyway, Kelly laughed constantly with this guy and I didn't think he was that funny.