TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yay! Love her! Maybe they'll bring back Charlie, too!

Brenda, I love Ginnifer Goodwin's short hair! Her ears do stick out a little, but she has such a sweet face. I just loved her on Big Love!

This show is fun!!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I recognized Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring from "Breaking Bad") when I saw him on the Oct 30th episode talking to the Mayor next to her apple tree and his first words were "The mirror strikes again", but I didn't realize who his fairytale counterpart was.

Then I read in TV Guide that his fairytale counterpart was the evil queen's magic mirror! I went back to the episode (which was still on my TIVO) to see that scene again... Sure enough, when he approached the Mayor, he was holding up a newspaper headline and the the name of the newspaper was "The Daily Mirror"!

He did seem to be be doing the Mayor/evil queen's bidding and he was feeding her information about Emma Swan....just like her magic mirror did,

Knowing who he is makes his part a lot more interesting than I thought when I first saw him on this series.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh man! I miss all the little stuff. What would I do without you guys to point it out to me???

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree BJM! :-) The discussions here add so much to my TV viewing pleasure.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I started giggling when we figured out the "Troll Bridge" would be the "Toll Bridge" in Storybrooke.
Always fun to figure out who is which fairytale character.

Did we miss it, but who was the Sheriff in Fairytale world?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kona, at IMDB they only have Jamie Dornan listed at the Sheriff, not his counterpart.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I just watched last week's episode. Gotta say...when they go back in time to the 'fairy tale' the dialogue is just awful. It's riddled with modernisms and is just so incongruous with the setting, clothes, etc of the time. I think it takes away from the scenes to have Snow White being so mouthy and saying things like 'yeah, right' and "the nag has a bad attitude" (talking about Prince Charming's gf). Doesn't work for me. Where have I seen the Evil Queen before? I can't place her.

Mom2lexi

05-16-2011

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom2lexi a private message Print Post    
Wasn't she on Swingtown?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Regarding the evil queen, see upthread.
Regarding the mirror...THANK YOU. Didn't realize that until now.
Regarding the Toll/Troll bridge, great catch!

This thread is definitely needed to keep up with stuff I miss. Because I miss a lot.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Swingtown! That's it, Mom2lexi! She's a very beautiful woman and a good actress, isn't she?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I guess this series was a 'prelude' to the big movie Snow White and the Huntsman, I've seen so many trailers about this movie and it's taking away at the novelty that the tv series presented at first.
Since I can't go watch the movie I'm still happy about the tv series, it's a nice break from so many cop and lawyers shows.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I like this show, but I think it would be better suited as a mini-series rather than a series without an end date. I'm one who likes things to be cleaned up in a timely manner. If a mystery goes on too long, I start to lose interest....like Lost. I don't think I'll be able to last much longer if they don't start figuring things out pretty soon.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What was it that Madam Mayor picked up off the ground in the beginning of the ep, and then threw down the mineshaft at the end of the ep? To me it looked like a chunk of broken glass, but I am just not sure at all.

Gurlie, it's the opposite for me. It seems to me, with each ep, they are sharing more and more answers about various character - in both worlds. I worry that they will run out of fairytale characters to showcase. Although that's probably not going to happen, right?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm sure most people like it. I'm one of those impatient people who likes everything wrapped up in a neat little package at the end of the hour. I have to remind myself this is by the creators of Lost so I'll probably never be fulfilled. I'll give it more time, but will probably lose interest due to my television ADD.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL, I hear ya. Right now though, it's my fave show. At least until the next season of DWTS, then it will be moved to my 2nd fave show. ;)

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I gave up on Lost after a couple seasons. I think this will be easier to keep up with. At least it's familiar to me.

Yes, what was that piece of glass? Think they will show us?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Henry picked up a piece of the glass as well. Seemed to have a bird's claw on it. konashark thinks it's part of Snow White's glass coffin (now shattered). Which is in keeping with my thought that this mine belonged to the 7 dwarfs; perhaps they tossed the coffin in there after Prince Charming woke her up (would have to go back to the first episode to see pictures of the coffin).
Anyone catch the Apollo candy bar? That goes back to Alias as well as Lost (producer's easter egg, like the clock being stuck on 8:15 in the first episode).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The Konas are klever peeps. I like your thoughts on this re: the glass coffin. Very cool.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kona...Apollo/Alias? sigh Alias...my fav show ever...but I cant remember Apollo in Alias...can you remind me?

i felt the whole mine thing reminded me of Lost when the magnetic explosion killed the girl...also reminded me of the hatch. there was a big circle thing on floor that looked like Darma

damn that killed my arm...i want to talk about this show so bad ...damn this carpal

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That was definitely a shard of glass from Snow White's broken glass coffin.

At the end of the episode the camera zoomed waaaaaay down that elevator shaft to show us Snow White's broken coffin down at the bottom.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Pamydoll, you are welcome to call me and dictate what you want to say here and I'll be happy to type it out on your behalf. :-)

Sanfran, I saw it zoom down, but didn't see what was at the bottom. You are VERY observant.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am in the 'should be a mini-series' camp as well. btw...what happened to the mini-series?? used to be tons of them.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I liked this particular episode with the mine shaft. Like the Jimminey Cricket story line, plus the first time I have seen any really concern/affection displayed on the part of the Mayor/Queen for her adopted son. Didn't last, but makes her a more complex character.

Who does the dog belong to?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh Mame..ty! i msy do that one day :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Why didn't my DVR pick up this ep?!?! Grrr! So thankful for your posts so I know I missed an ep. Hope it's on demand!