TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 22, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hawaii Five-O: Archive through October 22, 2011 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It's kind of like what was the point of bringing CIA chick on the show?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
to show us the guy still likes girls and more if she is a smart one!

I was expecting more suspicion from him when he asked the woman who was leaving why she was acting nervous and I want to believe he remains suspicious...

But to me it seems they just wanted to get rid of the previous plot and bring a new girl and a new spin... we'll have to see if it will improve.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think it was to show that maybe she's helping Wo Fat to find her fiance. I'm hoping anyway.

McGarrett always looks good. Always :-)

I saw Billy Baldwin on The Talk and he said how happy he was to be working with Tom Sizemore and how great he was doing. I was glad to hear that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The whole plotline was confusing. I thought Wo Fat killed her fiance and that is why she was after him. I really don't remember her saying in the beginning of her storyline that her fiance was missing because of Wo Fat. Regardless, it still doesn't make sense that she's obviously helping Wo Fat - and then BOOM ... she's gone.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I have to assume she'll be back. Otherwise, why bother showing us she's obviously in cahoots with Wo Fat. Doesn't make sense.

And I understand that Kono might be leaving the show, but I hate that they are taking her down this way, and that Steve isn't doing SOMETHING to help her.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I don't mind that Kono is leaving but I do wish they wouldn't replace her with a Barbie doll, how about another native Hawaiian. I have a feeling that the chic leaving was a bad story line and they are just ending it badly...did 5 0 vet her when she first showed up or did she just walk in the room and that was it....oh I almost forgot this isn't real life, I keep forgetting

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
It wasn't even her walking in and saying I'm here! They caught her (don't remember the exact storyline) and then it came out she was FBI, tracking down Wo Fat because he had killed her fiance, and that was it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
See Wow... that's what I thought. I thought when she first came on the show she said that Wo Fat killed her fiance and that's why she was after him.

That's why I was so confused when she said they may have "found" her fiance so she had to leave Hawaii.
Someone really dropped the ball on this storyline.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The original storyline was that Jenna was a CIA analyst who claimed that information that she gave her fiance' and his team led to their deaths at the hand of Wo Fat. That is why she was on leave from the CIA and doing her own investigation/track down of him. They did confirm that she was CIA...but so was Wo Fat at one time. Wo Fat could very well be her finance'. To leave the team, she said that her fiance' might actually still be alive and she had to go and try to find him...a plausible story given what she'd told them earlier.

However, all that being said, making her a "mole" for Wo Fat after giving no clues at all to that last season is weak, and one scene with her perusing Steve's file is kind of insulting to the viewer. I don't think they had any intention of making her a villain when they cast her, and they only did so because of money. Someone (one person) had to replace Kono in the regular cast, and when they decided it wasn't going to be her, they had to find a way to get rid of her and keep her away as long as need be.

They did the same thing to Steve's sister last season, and she could have been a good re-curring/regular character if they'd tried a little harder.

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
However, all that being said, making her a "mole" for Wo Fat after giving no clues at all

Now see, I always thought something was "off" about her, ESPECIALLY in the finale last season. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, and when they showed her in the car with Wo Fat at the end the season premier, I jumped up and said "I KNEW it!!!"

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I only watched this show last season a couple of times. My favorite was Kona, can someone tell me why they are getting rid of her?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, what I read was the actress, Grace Park, didn't like living in Hawaii.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope, Thank you. It sounds impossible not to like living there, but my daughter lived there for awhile and she didn't like it either.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Can I ask what makes you think Grace Park is leaving the show? Did I miss something? She is on credited on imdb for the first 4 episodes of Season 2, the same as all the other lead actors. I miss a lot so wouldn't be surprised, just curious what I slept through this time. LOL

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am clueless. I thought other people were talking about her leaving. Sorry!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I hope Kono isn't leaving! I do hope the cia chick is gone and never comes back. Sizemore gives me the creeps.

So many shows are confusing me with their early episodes of the new season. I can't figure out if their plots are going somewhere or if the writing is just that bad.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere that she was being dropped from the show but that was a while ago.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
The talk of her leaving started at the end of last season. While I haven't read/heard anything personally, I just assumed with this stupid storyline they have her in now that she is leaving.

How in the heck can they bring her back from having her badge taken and charges being brought for stealing $10M?

And that's where this storyline has lost me - I don't see Steve, Chin or Dano letting her go down alone for something they did collectively. It goes against that core groups of morals based on what they've shown us about the 5-0 Team.

Hopefully they'll surprise me and she isn't leaving.

But I also think that Jenna will be back. If they wanted her gone-gone they could have made some silly excuse and she could have gone home. But they've implicated her with Wo Fat now - she will be back IMO.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
If she's leaving why would she have appeared with the others on talk shows to promote just before season started. I'm just wondering out loud :-)

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Ok, I did some digging and found this article from April:

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/110414_
park_off_hawaii_DW.htm

That would explain why people think/thought Grace Park was leaving. And since we did lose Jean Smart, I've really got my fingers crossed that this storyline works itself out with Kono!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Princess, it sure seems from that article that the cast member leaving was Jean Smart, since we "found out" in last season's finale.

I hope Kono remains and the team becomes a five person team, but after the end of last episode, it seems a little far-fetched that she could remain in law enforcement.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Good news for Terry O'Quinn fans:

http://www.boomtron.com/2011/09/hawaii-five-0-lost-extension-and-an-upcoming-death/

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just knew Kono had to be working under cover. I'm glad the happy little band is all back together again.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
So am I! Hope they stay together just like they are with appearances from Terry O'Quinn mixed in.

Looks like a crossover next week between NCIS: LA and Hawaii-Five-O.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Did NOT see that coming with Kono - I couldn't figure out how they were going to get her out of this mess!! So glad to see it wrap up like that.

I about fell off my chair laughing when Steve punched the IA guy!