TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2011 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
or better still, with the gunshot to the leg...obvious for all at the farm to see what really happened.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I understand what you're saying Whrlwnd and I agree that's why Shane shot Otis. But it was my understanding that the zombies will eat the fresh/newly dead, because remember when the racist guy and the woman who wants to commit suicide came upon the hanging zombie with his legs eaten? From that, I gathered that a human had committed suicide by hanging himself and the zombies had ate at his legs while he was dead and hanging, prior to him changing into a zombie himself.

So with that logic, it makes me wonder why Shane didn't shoot Otis in the head because the zombies still would have stopped to eat Otis while Shane got away. Either Shane has become particularly cruel, or the show overlooked this, or it was a weak cop out in the writing in order for Otis to return and implicate Shane.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Just a thought but the man hanging from the tree could have gotten attacked by the zombies and thought that if he killed himself he wouldn't turn into one.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Yes, Karen, you're right. The suicide note left on the tree did say that.

I didn't see what happened with the man/zombie hanging in the tree, so I just assumed that he didn't die instantly when he hung himself and that was when his legs were eaten.

However, Ahnicka, you might be right. If so, then that makes Shane's actions even more cold-blooded and sadistic than I first thought.

I suppose there's a possibility that in Shane's mind he might have rationalized that by only wounding Otis he hadn't actually murdered him. Although, I think torture is even worse than murder, and what he chose to do was definitely torture.

In the end, as far as I'm concerned there was no justification for it, and I think he has officially crossed the line from being a good guy to being someone the others need to watch out for.

Now that I think about it, this isn't the first indication of Shane's crumbling character. I've remembered a scene (was it last season?) where Shane & Rick were in the woods alone, and Shane had his rifle pointed at Rick's back for a very long time, way beyond the point where he realized it was Rick, and then Dale walked up. I had dismissed that moment, because he hadn't gone through with it, and had forgotten about it until this week, but now I think it was our first sign that Shane had (or was developing) a dark side.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
This may or may not be spoilerish, I tend to think no.... I think the writers have made some storyline changes from the original novels but fair warning before you read further........ I was listening to one of my podcasts and a guy on it (who has apparently read all the books/graphic novels) said that EVERYONE is a zombie. It has nothing to do with being bitten by one, when you die you turn no matter how you died. That's the way it is in the novels anyway, not a spoiler, it's there from the beginning. Trying to remember if anyone in the tv series has died without being bitten so we can see if they haven't sprung this information on us yet or if they are changing the basic story. In the first episode all those bodies at the hospital had been shot in the head and laid out in rows so that seems to show that at one point anyway the show was following the books. Also, hanging guy could have committed suicide alone in the woods and turned before the others showed up for a little leg chewing.

PS I can rationalize Shane shooting that guy but I don't understand why he wouldn't do the humane thing and get him in the head so he wouldn't suffer. He would still have been 'living' enough for the swarm that was right on him. He also could have just kept running since he must have been capable of going faster then the other guy who would have slowed down the zombies when they fell over themselves to *git* him. Isn't that one of the top ten rules for surviving a zombie apocalypse? Picking a slower person to be your new best friend? :-)

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
"PS I can rationalize Shane shooting that guy but I don't understand why he wouldn't do the humane thing and get him in the head so he wouldn't suffer. He would still have been 'living' enough for the swarm that was right on him."

Rissa, this is my point exactly. Otis would have still been "living" enough for the zombies to eat him if he were shot in the head; he would have been freshly dead, yet Shane chose not to do the humane and less torturous thing by shooting him in the head.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I see SFJ mentioned the "Talking Dead" show that's on after every every ep. I really enjoy it. I record it, but I just noticed tonight that it's also in my comcast on-demand, in case anybody missed any eps. Check your on-demand.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I'm getting bored with this show. I find myself fast forwarding through some of it. It is moving way too slowly and needs to pick up the pace.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
oh lordy lordy. What soap opera reject writer is trying their hand at this season??

a number of incredible implausible occurrences during tonights episode. We are at the point where we MAY stop watching....its just too silly.

glassfront pharmacy, walkers come at any time and they are fast.....oh lets peel off our clothes and "do it" on the floor of the pharmacy in the garbage...oh so romantic!!

lady wants to be Annie Oakley. They tell her not to shoot, she wants to be a cow and do it anyways and shoots one of their own....and no one says a WORD?? not a WORD?? no concussion?? the guy is fine?? no one is worried about brain swelling? and the only thing we see is that old guy saying that they all wanted to shoot the guy at one time or another. WHAT???

seriously??

oh and the final scene. Called my family and asked why they thought of the Barn full of walkers. WHY? and mostly HOW did they get them into the barn. Most of the theories we came up were were very lame. I sure hope its not what i think because it makes no sense to keep zombies as pseudoattack dogs to get rid of the UNwanted people who come to the farm and WONT leave. i can see the old guy out there opening the barn door at 4am so everyone is killed and then they drag them into the barn .....soon to come back to life. What is your theory??

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
My theory.. they were all relatives and friends that asked to be locked up after they had been bitten and now they are zombies & no one wants to shoot them in the head.

Or they just had one zombie to start with and whenever unwanted guests overstayed their welcome they got a trip to the barn.

Loved the scenes of Daryl Dixons hallucinations of his brother, Merle.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I agree. I think that the barn zombies are probably friends and family members that Herchel's group were unable to put out of their misery...just like Morgan in season 1 hadn't been able to bring himself to deal w/ his wife properly.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Or maybe they locked them up instead of extinguishing them in hopes that the CDC would find a cure. Keep in mind that Herchel's group has been much more unaware of what's actually been happening than Rick's group is.

It certainly never crossed my mind that he was keeping them as some sort of protection or trespassing guards. That would be more hideous than Shane's new "use your comrads as bait" mind set.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know what to think about this season. It's had my undivided attention every episode and only a few shows have that, but really very little has happened, so looking back on it it seems a bit of an anticlimax after waiting for it for so long. Maybe the mid-season finale next week will be spectacular.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 21, 2011 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When I first saw the walkers in the barn, I thought it was experimentation by Hirschel. I was surprised and delighted when it came out this he's basically a "right-to-lifer" when it comes to the walking dead. That's one explanation that never crossed my mind....that some folks would see the undead as a "cause" like that! This is an interesting idea that I've never seen in a zombie film before.

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the show, even if it is a bit slower than last year....the characters are changing as they learn to accept that this new world order is something they must learn to live with for the rest of their lives. Well, except for Hirschel who seems to be resisting the notion that things have changed forever....he's still clinging to the hope that things will get better, I think.

Oh yeah....The Talking Dead is a real hoot but one thing really distracts me....when the host is talking, his adams apple bobs up and down and back and forth like it's got a life of its own! Yikes!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A tweet from Ausiello:

MichaelAusiello Michael Ausiello
Just screened Sunday's WALKING DEAD fall finale and WOW. Suspenseful, powerful, moving...and a final shot that will leave you breathless.
39 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

sounds good!

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
oh man.....wow.....

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I caught the end after not watching all season, and still glad I love Shane the most. Dude knows what needs to be done. Otherwise I shouldn't comment because I bailed on the season and don't know what's going on.

(talking about the episode where Shane opens the barn door and they start shooting. Is that the season finale?)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It's the "midseason finale".....six more season 2 episodes will air beginning in Feb 2012.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So was that child zombie Sophie the girl they've been looking for? I only caught it at the end and when I noticed the woman with the very short hair sobbing and the woman with the boy, I realized its was something personal for them. The kid zombie looked nothing like her normal self so I am not sure.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Yes, Cable - Sophie was that child zombie - I thought the same thing at first, too - it looked nothing like the Sophie I remembered. I know last season I kept thinking Sophie is on the edge of puberty (the actress) and how will they get through another year of filming when she will be so much taller? The zombie looked much taller, so the actress must have put on some inches!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they had her right from the very beginning, before the main guys even found the farm, or if they'd found her more recently. I think it must have been pretty much instantly after she got lost. I guess we know now why the main farmer was so desperate for them to move on.

I'm confused about the timeline, and online there doesn't seem to be an "official" one. There are some people saying all of season one and so far in season two has happened in only about a week, real time, and others guessing at two or three months. I want to know if there's any chance the baby is Rick's!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I wonder if they had her right from the very beginning, before the main guys even found the farm, or if they'd found her more recently."

Kitt, that very question is addressed on Talk Dead...which was a full hour last night. They didn't show it, but they had created a backstory that Otis was the guy that wrangled the walkers they found in the swamp and put them in the barn....apparently he had found Sophie and put her in the barn before the caravan arrived at the farm. They even pointed out how the group hadn't told Hirschel and his people they were looking for Sophie until AFTER Otis was killed during the run (with Shane) to get medical supplies. Had they imparted that information sooner, Otis could've told them he had already found Sophie and that she was in the barn.

After that was revealed, the host said "I smell a webisode!" so it's possible that backstory might wind up online somewhere. I think they already have short little webisodes on the AMC site or something but I don't know for sure.

"I'm confused about the timeline, and online there doesn't seem to be an "official" one. "

The creator of WD refused to answer the timeline question that a viewer emailed in! He said that the characters have made remarks several time that pretty much add up to the correct timeline, but he didn't know what it was at that point.

I have been thinking they must have been at the farm for weeks because Carl had been shot in the chest and was unconscious for awhile, but now he's just hanging out and acting as if he has completely healed and feels no pain from that traumatic bullet wound through his chest.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks for the info! Did you get the impression he meant Hirschel didn't even know she was there (because Otis just shoved them in there and all the others did was feed them) or that he knew but decided the best option was to just hope they moved on?

I think they have to have been weeks at the farm too. I'm sure there were several nights of waiting for Carl to come to, and then there was discussion of if he isn't better by such-and-such a time they'd need to do the op. It has to be three weeks for him to be from there to how he is now, it they're being even slightly realistic about it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Oh thanks for the info! Did you get the impression he meant Hirschel didn't even know she was there (because Otis just shoved them in there and all the others did was feed them) or that he knew but decided the best option was to just hope they moved on? "

Actually that never crossed my mind, but I think it makes sense that Herschel would NOT have revealed that Sophie was in the barn because he was keeping the barn's occupants a secret.

It also seems likely that Otis would not have revealed that either. They believed the walkers were still people and might one day be healed, so they wouldn't want Rick's people to "murder" the young girl they were searching for.

That whole thing might cause a backlash against Herschel and his people. Rick's group had been risking their lives looking for Sophie (Darrel almost died doing so), so keeping the girl's presence in the barn a secret was extremely reckless for Rick, Darrel, and the others that had been searching for her.