TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 24, 2011 users admin

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks Erniesgirl. Is Rita, Simon, Jason, Nick, Dev, Sunita, Ashley, Molly all dead? See those are the main faces CS... When I'm finished watching 5 hrs of last Sunday then I'll decide if I'm still a fan

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
no not all of them.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Wow! I found last Sunday's omnibus so engrossing, dh did as well. I think we watched 4 hours worth and the balance Monday. So many changes must happen. Still don't know if Rita is saved. I think Nick was the only one that knew she went home.

I'm tempted to look ahead but I'll hold off and wait until Sunday. I can't even comment until I see the aftermath unfold. (I will say that that Kylie is a real piece of work)

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I deleted the 5hrs of 2 weeks ago, could not take the devastation...but will watch again.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So funny to watch them celebrate last Christmas on the show. So much is happening, its hard to keep up. I just loved the confrontation between Gail and her nemesis in the Rovers.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i am soooo far behind. but now that our area of canada is on accelerated playings so that we'll be at real time with UK, i'm trying to catch up.

every once in a while i'd go to uk sites and spoil whats gonna happen in six months LOL

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
holy SMOKES, i was catching up last night. I've watched the Disaster and up to the episode in which Sally confronts Kevin about the Baby.

I went thru about six sheets of kleenex watching the previous few episodes. It was Intense watching one episode after the other. I have TONS of empathy and am not good about watching people slowly die.....(have seen it too many times thru my years at Hospital)

I was glad for the one or two Inaccuracies which made it more 'tv showish'...like Sally being allowed to be with Molly. And that Ridiculous beside wedding. Ummmmmm a quick needle to remove the blood around the heart would have been done after that arrest PLUS he'd be wacked out of his mind on painkillers/ not legally allowed to make a decision/ get married

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What a ridiculous storyline to have Claire leave the show. Why didn't they just have the police drop it due to RTracey's rep and inconsistencies and have Claire et al swan off to Brittany to be with her mum. What ever happened to Matt? I thought they still had Josh visiting him occasionally, won't he be missing his kid? Really Claire has no legal claim on him. Only on Corrie.

And isn't Nick a slimy sob for what he is trying to pull. And speaking of slimeballs what is the odious Chris up to? So many slimy characters right now. I despise Owen as well.

We are seeing John slowly fall to pieces, the guilt is just gnawing away at him. Poor Fiz, at least she'll have Chesney to lean on if John ends up committed.

So much going badly right now, Leanne, Peter, Nick, Carla, Becky, John, Chris, Kevin....Norris is going to be in heaven. Oh yes and Tracey coming back, I was frankly hoping the blow to the head would be the end of her.

And I thought Sally did have an affair with Ian Davenport, anyone remember? And why don't they mention Kevin's other son with Allison that he lost? You would have thought it would at least come up in his conversations with Sal and the girls. Kevin had a heck of a nerve thumping Tyrone, um a possible one nighter after a break up versus a year long affair and child???? YOu just know a month from now Ty and Kevin will be having a pint together like nothing ever happened. See Becky and Michelle, short memories these characters. But then again if everyone who had slept with everyone else's mate, significat other etc stopped talking to each other there would be no show. Let's see Maria has been with Ty and Jason. Jason has also been with Becky, Rosie and Tina. Tina has been with David and now Graham. Steve has been with Becky, Michelle and Tracey. Tracey has been with the Platt boys and tried it on with everyone else. And here Leanne was supposed to be the only prostitue! Geez if Liam was there his scorecard would be pretty high as well.
I hope that they have Claudia on regularly to be at odds with "Aud".

Eileen's house - where the heck is she putting all these people? She should quit working for Owen, with Claire gone she'll have more work, or will Cheryl start working the switch?

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
my gut told me that claire didnt actually do that to tracy. i thought she did push her but someone else came and did more damage.

Since claire is now gone, i doubt if my theory will come to fruition (sp)

i thought it made more sense for it to be a more drawn out mystery.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper :-)
I thought Chris was setting up Lloyd? Hot items to fence or plant in Street Cars. I'll say this again David is a good actor, love his expressions. I am kinda disappointed with Nick's tempting Peter into drinking. Janice is going away to visit a friend...
Nothing special is happening on the street really. All the characters have these little bits and pieces of stuff apart from John, Fiz voice seems extra whinny i ff all her bits. Judging by the actions and repetitive badness of John "they" better make his confession or capture an interesting one.

Why were the Detectives suddenly in a hurry to see Claire? [the writers seem in a hurry with all CS characters and lacking substance] at least mention what they discovered. Are they going to rebuild the damaged buildings?

Tony should have a twin...

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yeah Sun, I thought it was going to end up being a cellmate.

Trini it was a hoot when Tracey met up with DAvid outside Roy's and she mentionned it was like riding a bike and he said it with one of his patented smirks "you said it love". The look on her face was priceless. I don't know, my dh and I are throughly enjoying the eps right now. Fiz is pretty whingy lately, I hope Hope comes home from the hosp. soon. And yes they are currently rebuilding the bar. That Owen sure lucked out. Did I mention how much I despise him. I think he'll be the new baddie. Not anywhere near the level of Tony, much more slimeball than the sexy Scot. Yes a twin, perhaps a cousin who looks very much like him can buy the butcher shop

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
we need some Haggis on the street.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I too was wondering why the police were in such a hurry to see Claire. For all we know they may have been there to say she wouldnt be charged! They got rid of her too fast!
I love how Eileen and her sister got together against Owen. Eileen was out of order taking the money, but Owen is no model of correctness himself to be going after Eileen with such vengeance!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Cable - when the cops were talking they did confirm to each other that they would go out the front door and there was no need to cuff her in front of everyone.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Ohhhh I missed that. So Claire did the right thing.
There is very sad news from Corrie world. Betty Driver who played Betty all these years has died at the age of 91! She has been in the hospital for several weeks and died there!
http://www.onlykent.com/20111015/death-of-corrie-legend-betty-driver-tributes-from-fellow-stars/

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
This a better link for a tribute and info on Betty Driver. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15320895

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, Cable. Even though she was 91, you can't help feeling sad at her passing. R.I.P. Betty, and thanks for the memories.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Betty passed away today. RIP. So sad. :-(

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 2:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i've not watched corrie street for too many years but betty always had such strong charisma on screen, she really made many scenes great.

In one of those links it says UK as a singer by the age of 12.

she must have had a ton of charisma even as a child to be able to pull in crowds.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love the way everybody is letting Tracey know what they think of her! And they won't employ her or drink with her.
I really hate Peter right now. He wont take help when its offered, lies to his scared little boy when the kid finds out he is drinking again, and lashes out to all because he cannot walk!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Peter has always been a putz.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
And telling Simon to keep it a secret from Leanne! He is spiraling down again. I hope Carla tells Lee and that she beleives her.

What is wrong with Maria? I would never date a man who I knew smacked his partner around. Lloyd is too nice. Hope that the guy Billy that they caught grasses Chris up.

And what is that slimeball Owen up to next I wonder. He is a scary fellow, Julie is right a bully.

What I find stunning every time is Deirdre's blind support of Tracey.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I don't think Maria knows Chris used to hit his wife.

what is Peter up to his he setting Lee and Nick .....

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes Trini I belive she does, Lloyd told her and she stopped seeing him for a while. He was upset with Lloyd and that Maria believed him amd wouldn't give him a chance to explain (and justify somehow in that twisted mind, and lie I imagine)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Downton Abbey? on Vision?