TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 09, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 09, 2011 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Got caught up on the past 3 episodes on my DVR and I am hooked too. I agree the sex scenes are overdone and unnecessary, but love the creepy, scary aspect of the show.
One thing that bugs me though, is the maid ghost. Why does she appear young to the men and old to everyone else? She was killed when she was young, so how did her ghost age? We don't age after we die. Ok, I realize how silly this sounds about a tv show ghost, but ir really bothers me.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
The sexual situations don't bother me at all. I don't get a softcore vibe from it, which is what I associate with really bad Cinemax movies. It's not like we are even seeing boobs. It's far less sexy than True Blood, and I don't even consider that softcore. Maybe I am just a harlot.

Snoopsmom, maybe she didn't die.... You would think a shot through the eye would kill someone, but maybe not? Is it clear she died? Or just theory?

The blond boy who some people think is a ghost who is in love with the daughter... I think he is Jessica Lange's son. Remember she had one "beautiful" son?

Sanfran, I agree - Jessica Lange is amazing in this role!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking the house is on "hallowed" Indian burial ground...sort of like Pet Sematary.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Certainly the return of Hayden next week looks very Pet Sematary. Better not bury them under the gazebo. What comes back is...unnatural ;)

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The maid's body was still in the ground, so I do think it's just the spirits showing themselves, not the bodies coming back to life. I think if they die on the property, their spirit stays trapped on the property until their body is removed from the grounds. And that's why Jessica Lange's character was so upset that her daughter died in the street instead of on the lawn of the house. Now her daughter's spirit isn't trapped for her to see all the time.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
It was definitely the maid's body? I thought it might be the husband's body. I need to watch again. I think I am missing stuff!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
OH?...Jessica Lange is in this show? Hmmmm....then I'm definitely watching and I've got a tad harlot in me too...LOL! Plus, I just love the scary, creepy stuff!!

Spangs

10-07-2005

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spangs a private message Print Post    
As the husband finished the gazebo, the maid and Constance were watching,and Constance told her that she could never leave now.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
someone in one of the last 2 eps said something like men see what they wanna see but woman see real deal....i think men see her sexy maid self but women see her as an old lady which is her real self. *guessing, and I am on percocet and feeling no pain lol

Mimi

04-30-2009

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I can't believe I'm not watching this. I think I'm going to tune in.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
what???? none of that stuff has happened in the show i saw. i guess i'll avoid this thread since i guess usa gets it before i do.

hate spoilers when i'm trying to give a new show a chance. so i'll be out

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ya Sun, the US got the show started about a month before we did, they are 3-4 episodes ahead. Hate that!! :-)

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
DirectTV is dropping FX as of November 1, 2011, so I won't be able to watch :-(

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What channel is it on in Canada?

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
You guys can watch it online at Hulu. I think you will be an episode behind, but if you are interested in the show, it is better than nothing.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
Jimmer - there's new channel coming to Canada tomorrow - FX Canada - I don't know who is carrying it though - apparently Starchoice isn't

eta: correction - I just read that the channel starts tonight at 9 - with this show as the first one shown

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hmmm .... I wonder if Rogers has it.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I just checked on another forum, and it says Rogers is carrying it on channels 318 (standard definition) and 565 (hi def)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hey that's great. Thanks so much!

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
DirecTV reaches deal that keeps FX and Florida sports
By Joe Flint, Los Angeles Times
8:23 p.m. EDT, October 31, 2011

Link

News Corp. has struck a new deal to that will keep its powerful cable and broadcast channels on satellite broadcaster DirecTV.

The two sides had been feuding over a new contract and DirecTV, which has more than 19 million subscribers, was set to drop more than two dozen News Corp.-owned Fox cable networks on Tuesday. The agreement includes the popular FX network as well as Fox Sports Florida and Sun Sports, which broadcast Marlins Get your Marlins Tickets now!, Heat, Panthers and Rays games as well as coverage of the state's major college teams.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was totally confused with this last ep until I realized that on Halloween, all the trapped souls are free to wander anyplace. That's what that whole procession back to the house was. Halloween was over.

The part with Tate and all those Columbine type of references really creeped me out. I'm guessing Tate must have killed himself in the house after killing the kids at the school.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I believed Tate when he told the other teenage ghosts he didn't know who they were or what they were talking about.

Could he have killed them and forgotten about it?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking that Tate repressed the memory of what he did, to protect himself. I loved the Columbine-type tie in. Certainly relevant and never been done that I've seen. I think this kid's a great actor and enjoy him on the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too Naja-OK,now I get it. Thanks.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I have a bet going with my Dad is Jessica Lange's character dead or alive?

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Excited for tonight's episode. Dying to find out what the heck is going on with that thing growing inside Vivian.