TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 13, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 13, 2011 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Good grief....I am assuming ST is Star Trek! So, I am old and slow.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
ST isn't Star Trek??????

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
What does ST stand for ?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think it is Star Trek, isn't it. Up above someone mentioned ST and I couldn't figure out what it meant. I think I finely figured it out today if the is what ST means.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I love Amy Farrah Fowler.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
"Did you forget to offer them beverages?"

"Neck massage and then you get me that beverage"

I am watching it now and laughing.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
ST means Star Trek in my mind.

"2nd base is right there."

So many good lines tongiht.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
And Sheldon, with a world-weary and knowing sigh, telling Leonard to be grateful that he (Leonard), did not have a girfriend at that moment, because women required so much attention ...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The look on Sheldon's face when he had to be intimate was hilarious.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Zzzzz is the onomatopoeia of poetry.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes I did mean Star Trek, and I definitely don't think 70 is old. My parents just aren't up on their pop culture. I was visiting them for a couple of days and they do watch the reruns as well every day. We watched the one where Sheldon stole the Indiana Jones movies. Neither thought about the Indy film scene when Sheldon mentionned the pontoon boat, but they still thought the whole thing was funny so I guess it really doesn't matter. I did mention the movie scene, my dad loves that movie, so he got a second chuckle.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Jim Parsons facial expressions are priceless.

Mayim is playing her part brilliantly.

I love this show.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
The show last night was great. Watched some of the old shows on another channel last night (2007). The characters have really changed.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I love Jim Parsons! His interactions with the bird were hilarious.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I came across some old shows too but can't remember what channel that was?

This is about the only show that continues to be well written.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reruns are on TBS here, but I don't know if it's the same for every area.

Last night's episode was the best for a long time!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I will check TBS.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Also check your local channels. This shows in syndication on our FOX affiliate.

Pretty funny episode last night and much, much better than last week's (been a so-so season so far). Even though you had to know what was going to happen to the windows, lol! Penny's been my favorite character lately but she was pretty obnoxious to Leonard in this show. And I'd never even heard of anyone being afraid of birds 'til another poster here said she was. Since then, I've heard it quite a few times. I wouldn't have guessed this was such a common phobia. Of course, I'm scared of vampires, black holes, elevators, and clowns - plus claustrophobic - so please don't think I'm being dismissive of others' fears.

One off topic but tangentially related whine...About two months my mom offered me a collector set of Roger Tory Peterson books she was going to get rid of. But I was in a decluttering mode, already have quite a few bird books, and the set was leather bound. Plus Peterson isn't my favorite bird artist (heresy, I know). So I didn't keep the books. And I've been regretting it ever since. And I keep getting reminded of it not just by birds I see (including 2 mute swans and Great Blue heron on my way into work this morning) and all the bird things I have at home (everything from floor mats to ceiling mobiles to a ruler - I'm a bird geek apparently and didn't even realize it) but Project Runway did a show with birds, the movie The Big Year was recently released (though at the same time I declined the RTP books, I found a copy of the book TBY and kept it so at least I didn't screw that up too) and now The Big Bang Theory has a bird episode. And every time I see something like that, I think to myself, "why you didn't keep those books, you idiot?"!

P.S. I think Sheldon's visitor was a Black-throated Magpie Jay. At least according to a few of my multiple field guides, lol.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think you're right, Calamity! It wasn't in our bird books but they're all North America ones. Sheldon's lives South of the border.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

Beautiful bird and so well trained.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I truly think Mayim is brilliant. I thought for sure that I would dislike her character as she's one that would be easy to dislike but Mayim does her brilliantly. Not many actresses could pull that off!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The other night she was doing a bit of co-hosting on ET. She was pretty and very well spoken. She exudes intelligence in a lovely way.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just loved the episode with the jay bird! Thanks OG and Calamity for the pic and the name of the bird. Well trained is right, I thought the bird would get spooked every time they raised their voices! lol

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I grew up in the Los Angeles area, never seen that sort of blue jay. But wow, what an actor (well trained).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
They seem to be a tropical bird...Central and South America.