TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 09, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 09, 2011 users admin

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I think the boy did have an identity in the other world. We just don't know it, yet.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Twiggy, how could he? He was born after the curse to Snow Whites daughter. Perhaps that is why he able to piece it together. He is not held by the curse.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think the boy did have an identity in the other world. We just don't know it, yet."

Snow White's daughter, Emma, was born in fairy tale world and just a few minutes after her birth she was put into the magic tree wardrobe and was magically whisked away where she was found next to a freeway in the real world. Eighteen years later, Emma gave birth to Henry in the real world and she gave him up for adoption. He was adopted by the Evil Queen/Regina, mayor of Storybrook, where he has lived since being adopted.

The curse happened 28 years ago, the day Emma was born. Henry was born in the real world only 10 years ago,

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Aren't some fairy tale curses carried on down through generations? I won't count the boy out (real world only) until the very end of the series. Of course they could go the St. Elsewhere route or have it all be a waiting room after their deaths, but I'm just letting it waft over me and enjoying the ride.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
do we know what Snow did to Evil Queen that pissed her off so much? I thought I saw preview where Snow says she knows why but they didnt show that in last ep

only 2 eps have aired right?

I really like this and Grimm

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Pamy - we don't know what Snow did specifically in this version of the fairy tales. In the ones I read as a kid, it was the mirror who said "Snow White was the fairest in the land" after many years of spouting that the Evil "Queen" (here just a witch) was the fairest. Sounds like in this version the witch was suppose to be married and Snow did something (on purpose or inadvertantly) to change the groom's mind or something else that destroyed her happiness.

Also, who was the Sheriff in fairy tale land? Was he one of the witch's huntsmen?

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
And we don't know the baby daddy..just saying! I think he is connected somehow and I agree about the multi-generational thing.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I just watched the 2nd episode online and at the end it really looked to me that something was triggered in the Mayor when Mr. Gold was talking to her about Henry's name and again when he said "please". She may not remember everything, but something was familiar for sure.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I think Snow White stole Prince Charming away from the Evil Queen.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
The Evil Queen was the step mother in the fairytales, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_White

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
How Snow met the Prince? From the "next week on OUAT".
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Looks like Prince Charming came to the rescue when Snow was going to be killed by the Huntsman (love at first save???) so that may have been their first meeting

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just watched the first 2 episodes. What a beautiful and fun show! Am really enjoying this. Loved the opening with Snow White and the Dwarfs.

Yes, would agree that only rumplestilskin seems to know who he is and all about the curse. Seems the evil queen has moments where she might be remembering and perhaps we will see all the pieces fall into place for her. The characters "know" who they are only because the boy told them -- he told his teacher she was Snow White, etc.

Okay, the one thing that bugged me is snow white's short hair. One of her ears sticks out more than the other -- not a flattering hair cut on her at all. :-)

Great show, hope ABC keeps it on the air.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
ABC just ordered a full season of this show. Yay!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
smart

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Henry was the name of the Evil Queen's father whom she killed to enact the curse. Could young Henry be connected to him?

Also, what did Snow do to the Queen to make her so angry?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think it's clear that the Evil Queen named her adopted son after her father, whether she knows that or not. It's not clear to me how much she knows about all of their past and the spell. Sometimes I think she knows it all, other times she seems to not fully understand it.

We do not know what Snow White did to the queen... yet.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Considering each actor has two characters, I hope we don't meet too many more characters. It could get confusing pretty fast.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I managed to miss the 2nd episode so I need to play catch up.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This is one show that I think is worth catching up on.

Puppy21969

10-04-2005

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puppy21969 a private message Print Post    
This is the first show in MANY years that has caught and kept my attention. I am normally bored and wander around my house during the show. This one.....planted, stuck and on the couch the ENTIRE hour.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Love this show! :-) Refreshingly different.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
yes..and I'm a hopeless romantic. I love the underlying love story of Snow and Prince Charming. I think they will see each other again.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just caught up on the last 2 episodes yesterday. Really enjoying this show!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOST's Emilie de Ravin cast as BELLE

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Emilie-de-Ravin-Lost-1039492.aspx