TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 02, 2011 users admin

06-29-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
When posting photos, you must give credit to the website AND the photographer if available.

That's the law (of the United States and TVCH).
:-)

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
fascinating. I never realized henry cane wasnt the name of the actor :-( Julien beck was actually very handsome when young.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Beck

it looks like he was only 60 and dying of stomach cancer when he did that part in poltergeist. WOW it explains why he looked so horrific but in a natural, unmade up way.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
It's an ok show, but I find much of the writing and characterization to be subpar, especially compared to AMC's other offerings. I compare it to the remake of Dawn of the Dead--now that was a clever, well-written film about zombies.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Apparently more people like it than don't, since only 2 episodes into this season, the next season has already been ordered. yay!

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
that's great news! I'm enjoying this show - glad to hear it'll be around for another season!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ok so my theory about the Nonspecific belly wound and a miraculous surgeon suddenly being available came true.

All in all it was an okay episode. Shaking my head a bit about the writing tho. It was like they had an entrance plan to get the supplies at the school but NO exit plan. I found that unlikely. We were left with a white knuckle ending to the episode. I've had nightmares about being chased like that, so it majorly creeps me out when there are zombie chase scenes.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh My Gosh...I can not believe he did that!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bit of a shocker there! I don't know if he did it to save himself or just as a necessary evil to save the boy.

From the trailer for next week it looks like they might just get the girl back.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought last night's epi dragged, right up till that last reveal. Didn't see that coming.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This season is a bit slow. I enjoy it because I'm invested in the characters, but I can see people who are watching it for the first time thinking it's too plodding. Hopefully they are building up to something!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm invested in all the characters, too, except Shane now.

It must just be me, then, because this show terrifies me!

I admit the scenes at the house were rather uneventful, except I appreciated having some insight into the feelings of hopelessness that some of them are struggling with.

On the other hand, I literally had a pillow stuffed in my mouth to mute my screams during all of the scenes at the gym. Just seeing those zombies getting close enough to even touch the humans makes my skin crawl.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering of a zombified Otis will somehow find his way back to the farm....accompanied by a bunch of new undead (and hungry) "friends".

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Watched The View today, first time in months. To be honest, the tv was on the channel when it started and I was too lazy to stop what I was doing to change the channel. So sorry but SOMEONE from the show was on, a writer? Producer? Director? Whoever he was, he made a comment that was mildy interesting (NOT earth-shattering). They asked him how fast the zombies can move (obvious none of them has seen a single episode) and he said it depends on how long they have been zombies. Fresh ones can boogie, the longer they exist the more they slow down.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rissa; that's interesting. I don't recall them providing that information on the series. It definitely answers a question for me because I was confused as to why in season 1 the zombies moved so slowly that humans could easily outrun them, but in season 2 the zombies can actually jog/run quite fast.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I was wondering that too.

Got to say I hope Otis does ratt Shane out. I don't forgive or accept what he did, and if I were the others I'd be worried that he'd do the same to me.

I thought Darrell would be the one of the group who would go bad, but I was wrong.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Darrell seems to be getting more and more likeable.

I think they sped up the zombies this season to make them more threatening, but I guess their (perhaps made up after the fact ;)) idea that new ones move fast would work, the outbreak probably started in the city and areas with dense populations, so the country ones actually could be newer.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI - There is a thirty minute discussion panel talk show called "Talking Dead" that airs on AMC one hour after the first showing of the new episode airs each week.

They have two guest panelists...this week it was John Heder ("Napoleon Dynamite") and the actress that plays Fargo's love interest on "Eureka".

They discuss the episode, show an extended preview of the following week and they even have a short memorial montage of every Walker in the episode that died.....and they also do a dead count of Walkers vs Humans.

Last week they had the same guy that was on The View...he's the creator of The Walking Dead who started the whole thing with The Walking Dead comic book upon which the series is based.

It's an amusing show but apparently it only airs on the night of each new episode. The idea that fresh walkers can run while the older ones are too putrified to do more than shuffle along was addressed on "Talking Dead".

I looked for the already-aired episodes online, but I only found the "Fifteen Minute Bonus " segments. (Apparently after the 30 minute shows airs, they put a 15 minute bonus segment online....

http://www.amctv.com/shows/talking-dead/video

I'm not sure where (or if) you can watch the Talking Dead episodes that have already aired.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i avoid spoilers so have avoided that Talking Dead show.

not sure how to take this past episode. All i know is that its starting to get a little soap opera-y.

do you realize they've been at the same location for three episodes now? and instead of two side by side plotlines going on, there is only one.

As for sacrificing Otis for the Boy's equipment, i dont get it. I'm not sure that the guy would be trying that hard. Without the kid alive, the mom MAY dump the father and he would have yet another chance at her.

if they made it back without the equipment, otis would be blamed since he supposedly knew where everythign was.

Not sure why they chose to use up all the Flares BEFORE going into the medical storage area. you'd think they would have an exit strategy.

i enjoy being creeped out by the zombies so i'll keep watching this season

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne, I had just realized the same thing, about how little physical progress the survivors have made so far.

Last year it took the entire season for the group to get to the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta; this season they started out for Fort Benning (a 115 mile trip), three episodes ago, and haven't gotten close to it yet.

First the camper broke down; then the little girl got lost; then, while searching for the girl, the little boy got shot; then, while trying to find medical equipment to save the little boy, the adulterous deputy revealed his true primal self and thereafter shaved his head -- it seems to be taking a huge effort to reunite the group in one place, much less get their vehicles on the move again.

(And won't the boy have to recuperate for several days before riding in a vehicle?)

In the last episode, when the redneck bowman back at the camper picked up his flashlight in the middle of the night, I was hoping he finally decided to leave (rather than look for the little girl in the dark), only because I'm ready to identify with any character who will say, "the rest of you can stick around in the middle of nowhere, but I'm off to find whatever civilization might be left."

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
my fear is that this location will be the new 'base' for the WhOLE season.

there has to be a reason the original producer?? decided to jump ship and refused to be involved with this season.

suddenly making FAST zombies is probably not a good move in the long run.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I mentioned the lack of an exit plan from the school to my husband, and now I'm on critical/nit-pick mode when I watch. Hated what Shane did to Otis-I understand Otis was slowing Shane down, and the "better thee-than-me" thinking, but why didn't Shane shoot Otis in the head? Or would he still become a walker? I mean, if I'm dead, and I become zombie food, do I become a zombie, too? Haven't liked the Shane character since Rick came back in the picture-he really expects Lori's leave Rick for him? If this does turn into a Rick-Lori-Shane soap opera, I'm done. I'm almost there now.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I gave up on the show already. From the season premiere, it just wasn't grabbing me. The characters are just too underdeveloped and simplistic for me. Hate the wife. Shane could do so much better. lol

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Bluejaxrock, that is a great point, why didn't Shane shoot Otis in the head so that he wouldn't suffer the fate of becoming a zombie. I wonder if the writers overlooked that point or if there is a reason for it.

At least if Otis was shot in the head he would have died instantly and wouldn't suffer from the pain and mental trauma of the zombie attack/bites; however, Shane instead shot Otis in an area where he had to suffer from the wound, and still see and live through the anguish of the zombie attack until he finally died...only to possibly be resurrected as a zombie. Shane could have spared him a mentally and physically painful death, but chose not to.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
The zombies only eat the living, not the dead.

Not that I'm defending Shane by any means, I think what he did to Otis was terrible, especially since Shane was the limpy one, and was slowing Otis down, but I believe the point of him shooting Otis was so the majority of the zombies would attack Otis and Shane could get away.

Starr

07-09-2005

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing Otis will show up as a zombie, but with the clump of Shane's missing hair in his hand... that way it'll all come out to the others!