TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 08, 2011 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think they touched on that with the box of "participation" awards. She finally realized that a lot of those trophies weren't for anything other than showing up.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a great way to show the state of kids these days. If you never have to deal with failure or rejection in your formative years, you're not prepared for it when you get older. Good story point by the writers.

Cryonics as a storyline. Not the strongest way to go, but when you've got 22 episodes to fill, there will be weak ones along the way.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I thought having Stanford reject her was more to keep her on the show. If she chooses one of the very good schools in NY, she can either live at home or come to get a meal and wash her clothes often. If she goes to a school 3000 miles away, she becomes an occasional guest star.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I ain't afraid of no ghosts. Loved this show.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
LOL Hypermom! I came to say the same thing. :-)

I loved it, too!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I don't know too many (or none for that matter) that at that age snuggle up on the couch with their Dad.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I always put my head on my Dad's shoulder when I watched tv with him. I did until I was 47 when he died. My DD is 27 and curls up with her Dad to watch movies.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I always did with my Dad when I lived at home, even after college...if I could get him out of his recliner...LOL! (Sometimes I would sneak into the recliner with him.)

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Castle last night. Interesting twists and turns. Plus, Beckett and Castle got a little closer. :-)

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Me too, Auntiemike! And I didn't expect to. I was like "ho hum another bank hostage story" but it was good. I did figure out half of it earlier on but couldn't figure out the motive. Very enjoyable.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yes, I third that. Last night was a great episode.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Good episode. I knew they wouldn't let him get hurt. Didn't expect the guy on the stretcher to be the bad guy. Good twist and an unexpected ending. I think this show is getting better.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't been enjoying Castle as much this season (I'm not a big fan of the entire Beckett Mother story) so I was putting off watching this one. However, I decided to watch it when I read the positive posts and I'm glad I did. I was afraid it would be the same old cliched bank robbery hostage drama but I liked all the twists that they put into it. It was different and a pretty solid story and the characters are back to being the characters that I enjoy.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
There is one tiny thing that bugged me about last night's episode. When they got into the bank and Beckett went to Castle to check on him, while they were having their moment, Martha chimed in that "he's not the only one here"...she'd have never done that. She wants them together as much as we do so I'd like to think that she'd let them have the moment, but instead the writers made it so that she got between them. That bugged me.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
But she had to break them up so Trapper John wouldn't realize Beckett was the cop he'd been talking to.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Gurliegirl was referring to the scene near the end when they found all the hostages.

Good episode!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's what I thought too...but they were in a room full of people whose wrists were tied...it wasn't the time for a Beckett/Castle moment.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yes Jimmer, that's what I was referring to.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I forgot about that scene - I just remember thinking that she had to stop staring at Castle so long or she was going to be caught!

Yeah, that was weird for his mom to react like that after they got out.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode.

So, I guess the daughter is sticking around especially now that she broke up with the BF at Stanford.

Still a happy watcher of this show!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think the Mom said that with tongue in cheek. She clearly had a twinkle in her eye as she said it. She could clearly see how much they cared for each other; she was trying to lighten things up a bit. I loved the fact that she seems happy about the match and that Castle and Beckett let out a little more emotion.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Alexis wised up about the boyfriend. He was being a jerk!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
@WriteRCastle twittered this afternoon
"Mother and Alexis have been watching Jersey Shore for 3 straight hours. Should I be afraid?"

(this is not the actor, @NathanFillion has his own twitter, but one of the series writers).
First summer hiatus he kept us involved with a case out in the Hamptons that also played out on a website (where viewers could see the photographed clues). He would ask followers help in deciphering clues and viewers helped to solve the murder mystery.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Easily our favorite "cop" show. Finally got around to watching Monday night's show off our DVR. Another small step forward in the Beckett/Castle relationship.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I got so tickled at Castle's daughter last night. She was so horrified that her house was being torn apart...although I agree with her friend that Castle probably would have just joined in the party...LOL! They have such a great dynamic.

Loved seeing a different side of the new boss last night...she actually might be a policeman under all that rigidness.

Wish we had seen more of the pre-bachelor party. I'm guessing it was epic.

Castle made a great Elvis.