TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 04, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 04, 2011 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was Mac Taylor's wife. They did a flashback in this show where Reese and Jessica were watching the tv and seeing the towers fall, so she was killed/died after 9/11.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm so confused!!! LOL!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Reese had a fiancee? Who is Reese? LOL Is that the good looking guy that sounds like Clint Eastwood. Jim C? I really do watch this show and like it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jim C is Reese :-).

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I kind of figured that, but I must have gone for a cup of coffee when he talked about his fiancee. Thanks Kitt.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. So a couple of eps or so ago, he bumped into an old flame, a blond woman who practically begged him to say he loved her and to give them another chance as a couple, as she is engaged to someone else now but would have broken that engagement if he'd just say the word. But he didn't.

She looked very much alive to me. So like I said. I am VERY confused about this dead fiancee thing.

Mind you, I am behind at least an ep or two. Last one I saw was the cliffhanger with the guy that we don't know if he was killed, killed himself, or Reese let him live.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I remember that too Mameblanche. She looked alive to me too.

That was just the end of that episode and it was left up to us as to what we believed happened. I think!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The blonde at the airport was the fiancee (or maybe just girlfriend??), but it was a flashback. I think we've seen her just the two times:

. right at the very beginning (possibly the pilot) we saw them in bed together on vacation, and the news(?) showed 9/11 happening.

. in one of the last couple of episodes we saw them meet at an airport, where she told him she was engaged to someone else when he had some undercover-type job, but that she'd give it up for him if he wanted, but he just walked away.

So between 9/11 and the airport they broke up, and between the airport and real time she was killed. We know she's dead now because Finch (Ben) mentioned that when he was trying to recruit Reese back at the beginning (when he was tied to the bed).

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm so confused! All will be revealed sooner or later, I am sure. At least I hope it will.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks to Kitt, I'm much less confused. And like Lazylu I'm looking forward to everything be revealed (and making sense!) sooner rather than later.

I'm fascinated by the Finch character. He's not quite as wooden/deadpan as the Reese character.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yay, it's been announced that this show will run a full season, so it's doing well!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY Karuuna !!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The flashback (running into her in the airport) I think was 2008 (watched a running tape on the bottom of the screen moving backwards and then forwards).
Also, Finch was healthy on 9/11, and by 2008 already had back surgeries (broken back??). His $$ front man (Goodman in Lost) was alive post 9/11 but dead by 2008.
Maybe we should be taking notes???

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
i didn't know there was going to be a test when I started watching this show.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
OK, so I recorded this show and just watched the pilot. What an amazing show. I love it! Well cast! Can't wait to see further episodes. I hope it confuses me just enough to keep my brain going.....kind of like LOST did.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I think we all are beginning to realize that we may have a test at the end of this. Auntiemike mentioned it being a lot like Lost. J.J. Abrams is the executive producer and I'm sure we all know his previous track record.

More from the TV Guide article.

They describe Reese as a traumatized former black-ops supersoldier. I guess this accounts for his being able to fight off several opponents single handedly and survive being shot at.

They will begin to look at the backstories of Finch and Reese which may explain some of their psychological motivations.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Guest star Paige Turco will be a shadowy "fixer". She and Reese seem to be fascinated by each other.

NYPD detective Carter will be playing a bigger role. So Reese and Finch will have to work harder to stay out of her detection.

There is a sense that there may be connections between some of the crimes the duo intervene in. And later an archvillain will appear to complicate the missions. "He is someone's kryptonite."

There may be a grudging brotherhood growing between Finch and Reese, that bonding will be challenging for Reese as there is "something broken there". In the meantime, Finch will be playing a more active role.

The pair was described as a latter-day Mulder and Scully.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I never watched Lost, so I am really lost.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I keep wondering if either Reese's or Finch's social security number will be spit out by The Machine. It should, considering they're always getting involved in life or death situations.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Excellent point SFJF! And it would make a fascinating ep or two.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else recognize that bald headed Russian guy that kidnapped the judge's son in the last episode?

He was The Observer from "Fringe!

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Tonight looks good!!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I don't know who is more at risk in this Big Brother world, Finch or Reese. I see Finch to be in a very vulnerable position if anyone would be curious enough to track him or observe him or try to break in, all that equipment could be destroyed or hacked and then what? As for Reese, he keeps surviving the most dangerous situations he puts himself in, but in any event it's fun to see how these two connect even when they lose each other, the panic in Finch and Reese is well shown, everything it's possible if they stay connected. I liked last episode because they showed how important is for the two to know where they are at every moment.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Like Finch said last night "it is all about the numbers". Is he still talking about LOST? I just can't watch this show without seeing all the similarities.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
@ Spunky... maybe Finch and Reese are each other's "constant."

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh Lexie, that`s brilliantly hilarious!!!