TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 28, 2011 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sometimes when the laugh track plays.... I do not get why it is a joke.}

I love Brit-coms and that happens to me all the time. They're always referencing people, places etc and the audience just howls while I sit here in the dark.

Anyway, back to the epi when Penny gave him the gift basket and he said she hadn't given him a gift she'd given him an obligation, I use that phrase all the time now. Especially when someone gives me a potted plant.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
For MamaB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K02O02NqndE

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing Mameblanche!!!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mameblanche! Now I don't have to remember Sheldon's expression, I can watch it whenever I need a laugh. I bookmarked it as soon as I realized what it was.... thank you, thank you, thank you.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just like M*A*S*H, you can watch BBT shows over and over and still enjoy them. There aren't too many like these two.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
My boss called me at home before the BBT this week, I thought uhoh what went wrong, but she was just calling cause I am her go to girl on geek stuff and she just wanted to know who Brent Spiner was before the episode started. LOL I did love the jokes about there being no girls at the party last time, looked at my husband and said that the evil Wil Wheaton must not have the ultra cool wife like the real one does. lol

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
LOL I knew Brent Spiner! I must be a geek.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
He was wonderful as Data. I am really sorry for those who missed all that fun. I've been a sucker for scifi since I was in grade school.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was completely tickled when I visited my MIL (recovering from a broken hip) in rehab this week, and she was watching Classic Star Trek, and ST-Voyager. I high-fived her, and said I had no idea she was a fellow Trekkie. :-)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Actually, Wil has a very cool wife, and great step-son who will hack Wil's twitter if he accidentally leave it logged in.
According to the show runner, Bill Prady, there were two other ST notables at the party (writer David Gerrold - Trouble with Tribbles - was the name I remembered).
Also, Bill has been collecting military challenge coins (trading them with TBBT coins they had made). I just sent him mine from Iraq this week.....

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed last night's episode with Sheldon's mama. I giggled throughout the show.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Me too Mamie316! End got a bit slow but the first half had me laughing out loud.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
They got off some terrific one-liners last night.

Debra

11-20-2003

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Soft Kitty
Warm Kitty
Lil ball of fur

Happy Kitty
Sleepy Kitty
Purr purr purr

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
My parents (in their 70s) were the ones that recommended BBT to me. I always wondered how they got some of the cultural references etc (and have never seen any ST), but they think it's a hoot and have been known to quote it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
that cracks me up Jasper! I love this show.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I hope you all recognized the guest-girl on tonight's show. She is Courtney Ford, and she played serial killer Trinity's daughter on Dexter as well as a stylish car thief on CSI: NY. She's incredibly cute.

Loved the Halloween show...that last prank that Sheldon pulled was fantastic...I also thought the prank that Howard and Bernadette played on Sheldon was great, too. The others were kind of lame, though.

Leonard needs to get rid of Priya immediately. I'm sure she didn't have the same reservations he did about messin' around.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
My mother loves it too, Jasper, and she is 94!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
This is such our MUST SEE show.
Great prank cause it surprised US!!!
@billprady on Twitter is the show runner and talks about the show, what they are writing/filming and sometimes Tweets pictures from the set.
We traded military challenge coins last week (via snail mail). Will get a picture up soon. It includes the flag that was shown in the apartment during the "roommate agreement" episode.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am glad the show is in syndication b/c that is how I am watching it, I haven't watched the new episodes yet. I just want to say that Jim Parsons was doing a Broadway show earlier this year and was in the theater house my mother works at. She got to meet him and said he is the nicest, sweetest guy ever!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Big Bang Theory on Family Guy Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3okpGPIyJPw

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am 70, I get the show and the cultural references. We really aren't that old at 70! However I don't get the ST reference.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That girl with Leonard was adorable and so perfect for him. Good riddance to Priya!

I was not expecting Sheldon to come out from inside the couch. Too funny!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I am also 70, and get the cultural references and the ST too. This is one of my two favorite shows. If they had more shows like this and Modern Family, I'd never leave my sofa. I guess it's a good thing they don't.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know why Jim Parsons was wearing a hairpiece in last night's episode? Was he making a movie where he had to shave his head?