TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 05, 2011 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Uh oh! I guess I was paying too much attention to my laptop and not enough to my tv...I missed the part where it was let on that she remembered. Guess I better watch it again, undistracted. (And maybe i'll change the contrast for this episode only so I can see it better.)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sorry if I spoiled anyone...but it was well after the fact, right?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
No prob Roxip...it was well after the fact.

I liked that Beckett has broken up with her BF, so now there will be a slow storyline repairing her relationship with Castle.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And there's lots of potential for roadblocks along the way...which makes for good storytelling.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Oh absolutely after the fact Roxip. I actually watched, but just didn't pay attention. No one's fault but my own.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I see roadblocks coming at us like grenades!!

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
Okay I know the show is about the characters, but sheesh, the killer hid under the bed the whole time the crime scene lab went over the place, pretty sloppy writing, I was floored.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I got kind of lost. Who was the Smith guy that Montgomery sent the package to?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I haven't figured that out either, Kookliebird. But I do know that he was Jimmy on Grace Under Fire. LOL

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
So happy others thought it was dark. I commented during the emergency surgery scene that it was odd they didn't have lights in the operating room!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ok, that was a good show, but I am not happy, I am afraid the skrink is a bad guy, this makes me feel very nervous.

And like I once said in the Mentalist thread, I want my "happy" murders back, we need to have a little more levity for a while, then we can get back to finding the bad guys.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anyone remembers a few seasons back an episode where Beckett and Castle just about froze to death in a freezer truck. They were just about dead. They were saved and a few minutes later they were both back on the job...doing just fine!

We were all commenting on the fact that they really would have needed a bit of time to recuperate! They were minutes from death when found!

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
They kind of glossed over the "fact" that Beckett had been out of work for a couple of months after the shooting. Of course, she also was sitting up in bed apparently the "next day" after surgery like no big deal. Guess it wouldn't be good TV to have her takes several episodes to recover physically. Looks like their going to make the mental issues last a bit though. Mrs. Mack is on a business trip and didn't get a chance to watch the show. Knowing I'd be watching it with her off our DVR I didn't pay close attention so it'll be interesting to watch it more closely. It seemed a bit disjointed to me and not written as tightly as other episodes but that could be my fault for not being more attentive.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
On the same note regarding recuperation, I found it odd that she actually had make up on while in bed after her surgery. Come on, I just had a serious bout with ICU and believe me the last thing I wanted to do was put on make up. I barely brushed my hair! Oh well.

Beckett did look extremely thin to me, as if she had been in a recovery mode and lost weight along the way.

It does look like the next episode will be back to the "fun" we are used to in a case. I could use a good laugh. And, these two characters need to get back on the track they were on before....afterall, that is what drew us to this show.}

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Autiemike, I just figured she still had her makeup on from when she got shot. Probably hadn't been able to get to the bathroom and wash her face, what with having life-saving surgery and all.

@Wrennez, I don't think the killer was hiding under the bed the whole time the police were there. I think he hid under the bed until the BF woke up and let himself out of the apartment. He had to wait till the alarm was turned off to leave, then he snuck out after the alarm was deactivated. That was my take anyway.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Shows like Castle walk a tightrope. They are essentially dramas but they also can be fun and light in many respects. Trying to maintain that balance can be treacherous. I think viewers find it easier to suspend their disbelief (i.e. characters recover quickly) when the show is being light but find it harder to do when the show slides more toward drama.

They also seem to be falling into the trap of having huge suspenseful season ending shows that are then quickly and largely resolved within the first few minutes of next season's premiere.

Overall I love this show but I do agree with Dipo's comment about wanting the "happy" murder show back.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watch this show mainly for the chemistry between Castle and Beckett, as well as all the other characters. We're always rolling our eyeballs over something or other that's not totally realistic, but it's the quirkiness that keeps us coming back. Castle's charm and Beckett's good-natured acceptance of him are what makes this show fun. Hubby is convinced that Nathan Fillion cracks Stanna up at times. That's the stuff we love!

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
Thanks Babyjax for the clarification on the hiding under the bed, that makes way more sense! Must have missed that part where they said that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But yuck...it was obvious that the killer was under the bed and the blood was dripping on them...couldn't they have moved to the other side or something!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But then, how would they have figured it out?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
"Talk about taking a header." Great line last night. Good to laugh again. Love this show!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
This was a great episode...the Castle and Beckett that we love...and so weird to see Alexis having a snit fit!

Could that new captain be any stupider?

Next week's episode might be difficult.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Stanford is hard to get into so I thought it was always kind of curious that Alexis just assumed she could go there. I'm sorry she got the letter but interested to see what other plans she may come up with. Growing up is tough. She is lucky she has family love and support.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Castle and his mom would have been 'with it' enough to know that the skinny envelope is a no.

Castle not trying to pull strings with someone he knows once he saw his daughter sad is out of character.

Was there a crime in this episode? Oh yeah, the wife did it....I think.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why would they know that? If that was the first (and apparently only) college application they wouldn't know that.

Kids these days don't expect not to get what they set out to achieve...Alexis apparently has always had outstanding grades so she is surprised she didn't get into the college...happens all the time and kids like that don't know how to take failure because their parents have told them from day 1 that they won't fail. This is probably a good life lesson if it was real life.