TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 18, 2011 users admin

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
The Walking Dead is starting back up on Oct. 16th on AMC! So sorry we lost our previous thread full of pithy observations. See you all back here in three weeks :-)

(bug icon is for creepy crawlies that go "grrr arrgh" in the night.) :P

Mictay

09-29-2006

Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Cannot wait,me and the hubby do not watch a lot of tv together but this is one show we do watch together!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here is an extended trailer for season 2:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-season-2-trailer-from-comic-con

I can't wait for this...and this year we get a full 13 episodes, not just 6 like last year!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/episodes#season-2

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i'm worried. the guy who did season one refused season two because of differences in how he expected the show to go.

i think this next season is a new production team??

we'll see how it goes but so many new seasons fizzle by the end of the 2nd then get cancelled.

i cant believe we are getting excited about 13 episodes. way back a few years 20 episodes was a season.

I swear XFILES never would have made it past two seasons if the first was 6 episodes and second 12 /13

people need TIME and commitment to really bond with a show.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder:

Walking Dead Season 2 starts Sunday at 9pm and it's 90 minutes long!!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
It's just episode one though isn't it? Then we have to wait a couple more months for the season to really get going? I seem to remember that from somewhere but not sure.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No, seven episodes now, six more starting February!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ah, that's great! Thanks Kitt, I had timed it in as a once only record .. will have to upate to a once weekly.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is actually quite useful, as it's been 10 months since the last season finished...

>>> www.washingtonpost.com article

‘Walking Dead’: 5 things to remember ahead of Sunday’s Season 2 premiere

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to tonight's show! Thanks for the recap link, Kitt.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
If anyone is interested in a Walking Dead marathon: they are playing season 1 in full before tonight's premiere. AMC starting at 2:30pm EST.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I just started watching this show for the 1st time today
The marothon- can someone tell me what happened when the lead guy (sheriff) took a couple guys back to get his bag with walkie so he could connect with the black guy and his kid - and to go get the guy handcuffed on roof of warehouse-
My question is - what happened to the guy and his kid and was the guy hand cuffed still there? Did they get saved?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I may be the lone person who likes Shane, but I think he's my favorite of the bunch. I like how Rick's wife thinks she can yell at Shane all the time and tell him to do this or that. She's really annoying. I like the show better this season; still think they have crappy communication skills.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, the guy with the kid has never made it to the main group, but at the start of today's show Rick left a message for them, so there's still a chance they'll return. Who knows what happened to the guy on the roof! It would be a little unbelieveable but rather fun if he had been tracking them all this time!

Today: what happened at the end!?!?! Was someone hunting from the other side?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
thanks Kitt - I just knew he was headed back to get the guy that was cuffed to roof - and I left for 1/2 hour- and didnt know if he got to him or not - hmmm

I never planned on watching this show, darn, now I'm kinda hooked - kind of between Jerico and lost for me -

Seems like these people keep dropping off - they keep doing that, not going to have a show - lol

Would be something if the guy with kid is the one that shot the deer and Ricks son - I'll probably forget about this show next week, being I've never watched before.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, that time they went back to the roof and he'd gone... and left his hand behind! He had to chop it off to free himself, hence the chance that he's got a grudge against them and is following them (bit of a long shot I know, but they seemed to leave it hanging on purpose!).

I am completely hooked. Although not much really happened this episode it was still so tense. It's a very well written show.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I can't believed I missed this!!!!!

They better replay it soon!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
‘The Walking Dead’ Premiere Shatters Cable Demo Ratings Records, Draws 7.3 Million Total Viewers

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/the-walking-dead-premiere-shatters-cable-demo-ratings-records-draws-7-3-million-total-viewers/

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
you guys liked it?? everyone i know was disappointed. basically the whole show was the search for the girl.

the zombies barely can jog and i dont know why a couple of men didnt go down and smack em on the head immediately. Why did everyone just stand there, no one called to the girl to come back, and only ONE guy go down to take on TWO zombies?

i thought they changed the writing style a bit too.

most importantly were the HUGE holes in the common sense part of the plot. they seem to alternate between trying to be quiet just incase zombies are around, while yelling, banging and shooting at other times. and the final scene where they GIVE up a chance at a great venison dinner so the kid can what?? get a closer look at a buck?? really?? i assume most people know a buck can attack if they feel provoked. i myself wouldnt think a rational plot would have a child encouraged to approach a four pointer in the bush.

it looked like a liver shot so i doubt if its possible he will live. However, if the plotlines are going to get silly, it will be some nonspecific belly wound in which he will survive with for at least a few episodes.

they dont have a doctor so who knows, i can see the shooter as possibly being a new character and possibly a surgeon... how coincidental!!!

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything Sunshyne said,waited until tonight to watch with the hubby and was kind of glad I did,so many commercials...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some of the commercials were only separated by about three minutes of show!

I thought it was a sound episode. It wasn't the most exciting but I was just on edge through the entire period where the herd was walking through, they just drew the tension out across that whole section of the show.

The search for the girl was a bit tedious, one or two calls of her name early on might have solved everything, but I still thought ignoring that point(!) it was quite realistic - kids disobey direction, or get lost, and suddenly they're gone, and they don't just magically reappear 20 minutes later having heroically climbed a tree to safety. And them all blaming Rick, when really he's the only one who tried to save her and did the best he could, was realistic too.

I liked (if that's the word) the scene at the end. They don't seem particularly short of food, and seeing the boy they both loved get a chance at an experience like that was worth the loss of food to both the adult men.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the episode, but I do agree with some of the points made by Sunshyne; however, I view the jogging zombies differently. While watching, I was thinking, "when did the zombies get so fast, they didn't run & move that fast last season." I recall each episode last season wondering why the people didn't just out run the zombies since they all seemed to move in a slow paced right-foot-step, drag-the-left-foot, right-foot-step, drag-the-left-foot.

I was surprised Rick & his wife even let their son join the search for the girl, but I guess they figure with the current state of the world, it's just as dangerous staying at camp as it is searching in the woods. I agree, the final scene with the boy approaching the deer seemed dangerous, silly & unlikely. I guess they were going for endearing but it just didn't come across that way for me.

Also, the kids being so disobedient is kind of grating on my nerves. I understand they're children but these are extremely dangerous situations, survival is constantly on the line, & I believe the children are old enough to understand that. One of them is 12 years old, that's almost a teenager.

With all that said, I still enjoyed the episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it, too....very much. It's a character driven show more than a monster chasing show and the character development is the main point. This episode may have not had as many zombies as some of the city scenes from last season, but the characters are revealing who they are and I think it's great!.

I really liked seeing the zombies sitting in the pews of that Baptist church....that scene reminded me of the Baptist church we went to when I was a kid.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
minus the zombies i hope, or is that a joke about the old religious folk??

you know who'd make a great zombie if still alive?? that crazy preacher from Poltergeist two.... scarey as HECK with those hollow eyes and long yellow teeth.

I woulda crapped myself if he answered the door when I was a kid trick or treating LOL

the actor's name is henry kane

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
hk
Henry Kane
This guy looks like the man who sells eggs a couple of miles down the road from me. Minus the hat. Not kidding.