TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 30, 2011 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Like!
I went to high school with "Grumpy" (Lee Arenberg).

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I'm ashamed to say I missed all of the Lost number references. Guess it's been too long. Liked the show, though. I didn't even catch on that Emma could tell the evil queen didn't love Henry. Loved seeing Jiminy Cricket, and I loved that he was a shrink in the modern world. It reminded me of all those "I'm no fool" cartoons they used to show us in grade school. Geppetto and Pinnochio were sweet.

From the previews it looked like each week is going to be a flashback for each fairy tale character. If so, that would definitely remind me of Lost's first season. I hope it lasts. When I see a show that looks expensive to make, I wonder how long the network will give it before pulling the plug. Glad the ratings were good for the premiere. When an hour goes by fast, you know it's a good show.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I was afraid this show was too over hyped, but it really is a great so far!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Couldn't get DH to join me watching this as his beloved sports was on. Oh well, at least we have 2 tvs.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I missed the references too! I'll pay more attention next time.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Finally watched it, I really enjoyed it! The boy's (Henry?) teacher, is that Snow White aka his grandmother? Or who is she the fairy?

I recognize the evil queen from "Wife Swap" the short lived show. She plays a great evil role!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I *think* the teacher is the fairy. I wondered who she was too, but I kept coming back to her being the fairy...maybe his fairy godmother?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sister Mary Margaret Blanchard is secretly Snow White and the mother of Emma Swan in the alternate reality of the fairytale world, a Maine town called Storybrooke. She is played by Ginnifer Goodwin. /wikipedia
http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Sister_Mary_Margaret_Blanchard

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
The evil queen looks familiar too me for some reason who is she. This is a great show. I have DVR it. Doees any one know what else she has been in maybe that will help me I am not the only one who remembers her.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I thought the Evil Queen was from Swingtown.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody remember a summer show a couple of years ago about the 60's? I think it was called Swingtown? It was about an airline pilot (Grant Show) and his former stewardess wife (Lana Parilla--the evil queen) who lived across the street from a very straight-laced middle class couple. It was partly about wife-swapping. That may be the show you're remembering, Mizinvanccouver.

I thought it was a lot of fun, and yes, it went to fast and I want more! I hope a lot of other people are feeling the same!

ETA: Mimi, you and I must have posted that right at the same time! Ha!

Mimi

04-30-2009

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I Babyj I think we did post at the exact moment. It took ages for mine to go through.

I liked Swingtown too. Was disappointed when it ended.

I'm beginning to think that if I like a show it disappears so I'm going to say I don't like this one so that it lasts!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
The Evil Queen is played by Lana Parrilla, I have seen her in 24 and LOST, I'm not sure of other shows.

I had wondered if the Evil Queen knows about Emma. She seems to know, looking in the mirror the way she did at the end, so it will be interesting to find out. I like this show, it's very interesting, different, good start so far.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Stormie, besides those shows you listed (plus Swingers mentioned above) she was one of the female leads in "Miami Medical"...it got canceled before the first season ended...fairly early if I recall correctly.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I recognized Lana from Swingtown... but don't remember her from LOST. Who was she on LOST and what did she do there? My memory obviously needs a good jog.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran, looks like Lana's been in a lot of shows. Lana really seems to knows her craft, people know they know her, but are not sure from where, I love that about great actors.

Mame, Lana played Greta on LOST, one of the two women in the secret underwater station. They had tied up Charlie, then were shot by eyepatch guy.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OMG Stormie, thanks! I remember that scene very well. I wonder if that ep aired BEFORE Swingtown and that's why I didn't remember her specifically from LOST...

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Mimi & Babyj--Yes yes yes!!! "SWINGTOWN" that's it! LOL I really liked that show too and wish it had stayed on longer. Thanks for correction.

MameB-I too didn't remember her from LOST. lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL Miz, what's worse is that I didn't recognise Jennifer Morrison from HOUSE (as Cameron) and I've been a HOUSE fan for YEARS!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The Evil Queen learns the hard way (with the help of a chainsaw) that Emma's no pushover, in this scene from the second episode.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1210911p1.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm also remembering Lana Parilla as the wacky across-the-hall neighbor in some TV sitcom? Was it Will and Grace? I think she played an actress on the show and was always talking about her jobs? Anyone else remember that? I never realized that was her on LOST, even though I was a huge fan of that show. Must have been before Swingtown.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
After a short string of small roles in even smaller films, actress Lana Parrilla got her first big break in 2000 when she was hired as a regular on the ABC sitcom Spin_City. While the gig only lasted one season, it was just the beginning of Parrilla's small-screen career, with a main-cast role on the short-lived cop drama Boomtown following in 2002. In 2005, Parrilla joined the cast of Fox's 24 for a supporting arc as a counter-terrorism agent that lasted for half of the fourth season. The following year, she starred opposite Luke_Perry on NBC's Windfall, but the show was cut short after less than a season. In 2007, she was again cast as a series lead, this time on the CBS ensemble drama Swingtown. Matthew Tobey

http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Parrilla,_Lana/Biography/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Last night the premiere was repeated in Canada, and DH sat with me and seemed to quite enjoy it. Proof will be if he watches the 2nd ep with me tonight. LOL

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
One good omen about this show is that it is an ABC Studios production. ABC is much less quick to cancel shows that they produce than shows that they do not.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
They are rerunning the pilot at 7p, then the new episode at 8p. Lee Arenburg posted on his FB that Grumpy will not be in the new episode, but will be back (often) later in the season.