TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 15, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ghost Hunting Shows: Archive through October 15, 2011 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It looks like the old thread fell off the board.

Tonight, June 1, the original Ghost Hunters with Grant and Jason kicks off their 8th season.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja!

There is another new one that starts tonight. It's about haunted items and is called "Haunted Collector".

I've gotten a little too addicted to these shows.

http://www.syfy.com/hauntedcollector/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks Smokey! I didn't even know there was brand new show premiering tonight. Even better that it follows GH on the same channel. I see they moved GH to an hour earlier. I better go set that DVR for the new show :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Smokey, it felt like the guy on the new show found an ingenious way to get antiques for free...LOL

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Darn, I missed Haunted Collector. I used to buy and sell antiques and sometimes I wonder if I didn't bring something home that I didn't intend to.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I've not seen it yet. I recorded it and will try to watch it either today or tomorrow. I think the show is repeated in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's another new show starting on Travel Channel on June 17. It's called "Paranormal Challenge". It has the same guys from "Ghost Adventures", and they pit two teams against each other on an investigation. I'm thinking it may be something like "GH Academy". The commercial didn't say much else. I'll have to visit the Travel Channel website and see what's up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So far I have watched 2 eps of "Paranormal Challenge" on Travel Challenge, and it's about 10x better than "Ghost Hunters Academy".

Instead of individuals competing, they have paranormal investigative teams from all around the country competing. It's really good. Plus, I love Zach from Ghost Adventures, so that makes it even better for me :-)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I love Zach, too. He's really funny. Him and Aaron and Nick remind me of the 3 Stooges.

So far, I like Paranormal Challenge. It's interesting to see how the different groups handle things. I've never seen Ghost Hunters Academy since I'm kind of new to these shows. I now tape most of them and watch when I can.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Naja and Smokey, Zach and his crew drive me and dd crazy! DD will ask "what's on tonight?" and I'll tell her the idiots and she knows exactly who I'm talking about...lol They crack me up the way they freak themselves out, and the way Aaron will turn his camera on himself and make the "O" face. We do that every now and then-take the camera and make the "Aaron face"...lmbo
With GH, if they don't find anything they don't try to make something up-they'll admit that they're not sure exactly what they're hearing, and try to debunk what they do catch. Ghost Adventurers seem to try too hard to convince me that they've caught EVPs, disembodied voices, etc.
Chalk it up to me being a cynic-I believe in the paranormal, but I come at it the way the GH do. So dd and I watch both shows knowing that they have different approaches, too.
We like Paranormal States, too, but a 1/2 hour isn't long enough to get into the activity, research, etc., imo.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I like Paranormal State also. It really scares me sometimes. I miss A Haunting. I have found some of the episodes on dvd and some of the shows really are creepy. LOL, I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it. I have weird things happen in my house sometimes and this weekend had a new thing happen. I was home alone and I decided to clean a little in one of my DS's rooms. When I am home alone I like things peaceful so it was really quite in the house. I had the door closed to keep my critters out and suddenly I heard a door slam really hard. I called out and no one answered so I left his room and checked on the critters thinking maybe they had done it but they were all snoozing in the same spots. Dear pooch had his head up like he heard something. Looked outside to see if anyones car was in the driveway no one there. I figured it was the ghostie and told it to stop. It is unsettling sometimes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Bluejaxrock, I love Aaron's O face! LOL Did you know there's actually a facebook account called "Aaron-Goodwins-O-face"...LOL

hhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaron-Goodwins-O-face/111777505501618?sk=photos

Maplsyrp, that kind of stuff is so scary!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Naja, the fact there's a FB page for it is too funny! I'll have to show dd-I'm sure we'll get a good laugh out of it.
Maplsyrp, I've had things happen to me too, and do the same thing-"okay, I know you're here, you don't have to scare the hell outta me to get my attention". From the time I was a pre-teen, I had a "ghostie" that likes to hide things. I know I've put a certain thing in a certain place, like a drawer, go back for it, and it's gone. Tear the house apart looking for it and it's nowhere to be found. Months pass, I open the same drawer, and there's the object sitting exactly where I remember putting it. Whenever I moved, there'd be no activity for up to a year, then things would start happening again, almost like it'd lost me and took it a while to find me again. *cue Twilight Zone music*

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
My ghostie likes to do stuff like that too Bluejaxrock. It drives me batty! That gives me goosebumps that it has followed you when you moved and now I am wondering if what was in my parents house followed me.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Could be, Maplsyrp. I remember my mom talking about the same things happening to her, especially a story about a nightgown. When I was about 11 my room was in the basement and I saw something white going up the steps. From that point on, it became "my" ghost. Kinda like it transferred onto me. We always called it a poltergeist, but don't they make noises, not move things around like a game of hide-n-seek? Don't know what the technical term for this kind of spirit is, I only know that it's mine...lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
GHI 3rd season starts tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's two weeks in a row on Paranormal Challenge that a team mistook their own talking for an EVP. I feel so embarrassed for them when they do that. I am enjoying this show 10x more that GH Academy. I'm realizing that Steve's personality is a little on the "dud" side. (Steve Gonsalves, the guy afraid of everything except ghosts)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I like this show, too, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody see tonight's "Celebrity Ghost Stories"?

Either Sally Struthers is feeding us a load of crap, or someone fed her a load. That story about the house being Rita Hayworth's, and how at one of Rita's parties a woman guest died because she mistook the cellar door for a closet door during a game of hide and seek, well the story belongs to someone else.

That's actually something that happened at Tyrone Power's house during a party. And it was David Niven's wife that mistook the cellar door for the closet door during the game of hide and seek, and fell to her death. It's a pretty notorious story.

They have a summary of it at IMDB on David Niven's page.

"His first wife, Primmie, died tragically while attending a dinner at fellow actor Tyrone Power 's house. After dinner while playing hide and seek, Primmie opened what she thought was a closet door but instead tumbled down the basement stairs and onto the concrete floor. She died shortly after."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000057/bio

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, is Tango gone? Original GH started back up last night he was nowhere to be found.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I thought Tango was finishing up the investigation in Hawaii they were working on when the call came to head back home. I may be wrong but that's the impression I got. Then again maybe I just dreamed it. lol

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
If anyone is interested, someone gave me this link for a "ghost detector" which supposedly works like an EMF detector that you load on your PC. It doesn't work on Macs (my daughter tried it). I've had it for a couple weeks. It's kind of interesting. I'm not sure what I think of it. It's a free download but I recommend you get the paid one and it's only $3.99. The paid version saves the list of words that it gets and has a few other things the free version doesn't have.

I haven't used it enough to say what I think. I do think it detects energies of some sort. Sometimes the same words come up, quite often. For example, I get the word "species" all the time. Someone else I know gets that word coming up on his, too. Maybe they have certain words that are used, I don't really know.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in checking it out.

http://www.extremesenses.com/software/whatisit.htm

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Smokey, I am too chicken to do my own ghost hunting!...LOL

I stopped to by to say Yay! "Ghost Adventures" regular show with Zak on Travel Channel starts up again tomorrow night! Friday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight "My Ghost Story" is back with new episodes. There is a marathon of last season's eps leading up to the new one tonight....On BIO channel.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Zak, Nick and Aaron are the "Three Stooges" of ghost hunting. They really crack me up. This recent episode from the Winchester Mansion is pretty freaky. Continued next week.