TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 23, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Have been seeing commercials for this all summer, but last night I saw an extended one that made me sit up and take notice. It's from the creators of Lost! Woo hoo! I guess it's more than just a fairy tale...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
BBJM, I've seen a couple of commercials. Although I don't usually go for creepy, gothic type stuff, the concept of fairy-tales from the perspective of the LOST creators, is definitely irrisistible to me, and worth a look-see!!!

I've also 'liked' this show on FB. :-)

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
What channel? I haven't seen one preview.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I think it's on ABC network.

I also think this one looks great. I am excited for it. I believe I heard it will be on Sunday nights.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Frogi: http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Premiere: SUNDAY OCT 23rd, 8:00 eastern, 7:00 central on ABC.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This sounds interesting; it is hard for me to start a new show. I came to "Lost" a year late and had to watch DVD's from Blockbuster to catch up before season 2. I had to do the same thing with " The Wire"; the plus with DVD's is not haeing to wait a week between episodes....

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Marameko, it hasn't started yet, so you should be okay with it, and not have to play 'catch-up'. (I also had to go to Blockbuster to catch-up on the first season or two of Lost.)

DH hates starting new shows, and says if he gets hooked, it's doomed to be cancelled. LOL

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There are quite a few new shows that look promising, but I am so nervous to start them. Either they're going to get cancelled and I'll be disappointed, or they're not, and I'll be hooked into watching another hour of tv every week!

I hadn't noticed this one yet but as it's on a Sunday it might be worth a try, that's not a busy day. Other than that I'm going to try Persons of Interest, not sure about anything else.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I probably won't be able to resist watching but I'm rather jaded and there is no way that I'll be as enthused and into it as I was with Lost. It was a great ride but I just didn't like how Lost played out in the end.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I didn't know it was the creator's of LOST, one more reason to watch this show. It looks very interesting. I don't think it will be anything like LOST, but I did wonder if it might be something like The Lost World, there was a book, a movie I think, and a tv-show. But, the ads for this look great, so I'm going to check it out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is it about?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
For Dipo:

About Once Upon a Time

From the inventive minds of Lost executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis comes a bold new imagining of the world, where fairy tales and the modern-day are about to collide.

And they all lived happily ever after – or so everyone was led to believe. Emma Swan knows how to take care of herself. She's a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything starts to change. Henry is now 10 years old and in desperate need of Emma's help. He believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world and is Snow White and Prince Charming's missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen's curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Of course Emma doesn't believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It's a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close… where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don't remember who they once were. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.

Starring:
Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret
Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina
Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham
Jared Gilmore as Henry
Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe
Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie
credits:

http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time Click here for the official site and video.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I found some information on it, and it turns out it's not the one I was thinking of, which I think is no FOX. Anyway, it looks interesting from what I'm reading, so I'll take a look at it too.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_TV_series

Ladyw

06-28-2007

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyw a private message Print Post    
ooohh this actually looks pretty interesting..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 19, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks! It does sound interesting.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I will definitely give this one a look.
I love fairy tales and good vs evil battles!

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I can't wait. It looks good. -)

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
It really sounds interesting. But i be it wont last long. I hate to get hooked on shows like this. They never last. I was pleasantly surprised about Lost. Also the one about saving the cheerleader. Im not sure what happened to that one. I lost track, does anyone know if it got canceled?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
The "save the cheerleader" show was Heroes. And at least it lasted 4 seasons. It's 4th and final season ended in Feb 2010, so it didn't make last year's Fall Lineup.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saggki, I hear ya. DH hates taking a chance on a new show, cuz he says it's bound to be cancelled, as such is his luck.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, no! This show's on ABC (the "Already Been Canceled" network). Hope that's not a bad sign. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Sounds interesting, but I'd be more inclined to watch it if Josh Holloway was Prince Charming. Just sayin'!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ooooh, I like how you think, Snoopsmom! I think that would definitely increase their chance for good ratings, too!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Oh, no! This show's on ABC (the "Already Been Canceled" network). Hope that's not a bad sign. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Lol, ABC is very famous for that. I usually dont start watching their new shows. Im going to this one, knowing I will be pi**sed when they cancel.}

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This looks like a fun show. I'll be watching as long as its on the air.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Sounds like the movie Enchanted.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching this tonight on ABC at 8pm. Looks like a creative and engaging show. Ginnifer Goodwin has come a long way from playing the geeky girl on Ed; then playing the less geeky but desperate girl on He's Just Not That Into You. Here she plays Snow White.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I.Can't.Wait. !!! Hope it's not too creepy for me. I am really looking forward to it. I have nagged DH senseless that he has to at least watch the first ep with me, as I'm hoping it will be a series we can watch together, like we did when The Pretender was on. (I tried hard to get him to watch LOST with me, with no luck.)

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I am really looking forward to this tonight and Grimm next week!

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
ooooh ... I can't wait, too.. and Grimm looks good.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Grimm is probably too grim for me. LOL.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to this one, but I already watch 3 shows in Grimm's timeslot, so I'll have to catch that one DVD/Blu-Ray.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I already saw the first episode (it was leaked) and I really enjoyed it!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
My DVR is set.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it too TV.