TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 14, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Pretty Little Liars: Archive through June 14, 2011 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else catch the premiere of Pretty Little Liars" on Family Channel last night? I really enjoyed it. And then I got online this morning and found out it's actually based on a series of teen novels by Sara Shepard. No wonder I didn't feel all confused while watching it....LOL I didn't want to read much about the novels since it's a murder mystery type show and I don't want to spoil myself.

They already have the first episode online, but it's also rerun a couple times on tv.
http://abcfamily.go.com/watch/pretty-little-liars/SH5547476

About the show:

Pretty Little Liars

Rosewood is a perfect little town. So quiet and pristine, you'd never guess it holds so many secrets. Some of the ugliest ones belong to the prettiest girls in town -- Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily, four estranged friends whose darkest secrets are about to unravel.

One year ago, Alison, the Queen Bee of their group, disappeared and the girls swore they'd never tell what really happened that night. They thought their secrets would bond them together, but just the opposite is true. Then again, who's to say what the truth is in Rosewood. It seems everyone in town is lying about something.

Now, as the mystery surrounding Alison's disappearance resurfaces, the girls begin getting messages from "A," saying – and threatening – things only Alison would know. But it couldn't be Alison. Could it? Whoever it is, they seem to know all the girls' secrets, and seem to be watching their every move. The girls are friends again, but will they be there for each other if their dark secrets come to light?

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I did watch it. I enjoyed it and won't read the books because I want to be surprised.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
DH and I watched the first ten minutes but it seemed to be geared towards a younger audience so I left it on the DVD for my teenagers and went on to something else. My 17yr says it was "awesome". LOL

ETA: Oh Lordie, dd is 18 not 17... crap I am getting old.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I like this show--sort of like Jawbreaker/Heathers meets I Know What You Did Last Summer. Marathon on ABC Family right now. And the girls are actually cute. (not that there's anything wrong with that, lol)

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Yesterday I happened to see the title on Much and watch the last 30mins, now I have set to tape as a series on Tuesdays at 5. I will continue to watch until it gets strange, I hope not.
If anybody is watching tell me who is the blind girl?
Thanks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Trini, next week on Aug 10, there is a marathon starting from the first episode. You should watch them all in order. This show is fun and my guilty pleasure, even with the teen angst.

This show all centers around the unsolved murder of a girl named Alison, and now someone claiming to be the dead Alison "A" is taunting Alison's group of close friends by text messages and other means. Alison was a mean girl type, and leader of their little clique. Jenna is a girl they all go to school with. Jenna went blind because Alison (dead girl) set off fireworks in the Jenna's garage that were meant for Jenna's step brother. While Jenna was in Hospital, the girl that is now dead, Alison, would go to visit her and told her all the deep dark secrets about the main group of girls.

It's all sort of weird because here Alison was responsible for the Jenna going blind, yet no one knows if Jenna knows that, or why they were friends.

arg, it's all to hard to explain, you should watch from the beginning.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja!! is the marathon on Much? I'll go ASAP and set it up; thanks for the info on Jenna. In the preview for next week some one is destroying the memorial site.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I admit, this was a guilty pleasure for me. I missed a few episodes, but I know it's returning next month.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow starts the second season! Monday, Jan 3.

And it looks like all day before the season opener there is a marathon of season 1.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I enjoy this show and am looking forward to it starting again!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize until today that this new episode last night is still considered season 1, even thought the last episode before that aired in the middle of August. I guess they are splitting the seasons like they do with some other shows I watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a little tid bit. My friend from Vancouver met the girl who plays Aria some time last year. He said in person she is so thin that you would think she was sickly. I'm not sure why she would be in Canada. Maybe they filmed some of it there.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Looks like it is filmed on the old Gilmore Girls set. The pilot was apparently filmed in Canada. Love this show but wonder how long we have to wait until we find out who is "A"!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love this show, too, Kellsma! :-) I just get a little mixed up with all the new boys they bring into the story.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
This show is still in my top 5. It's really good.

I saw the Actress who plays Aria on the Marilyn Dennis show a few weeks ago. She is tiny but did not look overly so beside Marilyn.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What a great season finale! There are a couple things I don't understand fully, but I am going to watch it again to figure it out.

There is one thing I need help with. My DVR cut out right at the end when the girls were looking down at their phones at the last message from "A". What did the message say?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nevermind. I found it. The ep is on Hulu already.

The last message said:

"It's not over until I say it is.
Sleep tight, while you still can, ....A"

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Naja, my DVR did the same thing. Glad you found it. I was wondering if I missed anything else. Interesting that the cop is involved somehow....

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Seems like the cop is very involved with Jenna. I don't get why Ian went to the lengths he did in the church? Just to discredit Spencer?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sportsfan, I wish I could answer. I have to watch the whole thing again. My confusion starts right when we find out Allison found those horrible videos. I don't understand at all why it's assumed Ian took the videos.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yay! Season 2 is already going to start next month!

Season 2 Premiere - June 14th

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
It's assumed that Ian took the videos because he was in the other videos with Allison. I don't trust the cop at all he is so, so involve with what happen.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks Vickie, that totally went over my head as I was watching the first time. (that they suspect Ian for the horrible videos because he was in the other videos with Allison)

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, May 27, 2011 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks for posting the start date Naja! I really enjoy this show.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
New season starts tonight.