TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 15, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 15, 2011 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I loved it, I was cracking up all over the place and just laughing my butt off. I think I may have startled the neighbors. I know I woke up the kitties a couple of times.

It makes me chuckle now just to think about it.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
So over the Howard/Howard's mom/Bernadette storyline. Didn't they already have this argument last season?

Yep, show's getting tired.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
They did have this argument last year. Relationships are like that. When not resolved, issues continually resurface.

Bernadette is comedy gold. And you just know for every ying there is a yang. Amy is the female Sheldon.

Some of the writing and jokes may be a bit stale but this cast is just hitting their stride.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I thought they had that same "living at Howard's mom's house" argument/episode last year, too. Lazy showrunning, IMO.

Liked the Leonard/Amy "date". She really did look very, very good this episode.

Galecki and Mayim apparently go way back. He guested on her show a year before he got the Roseanne role.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. I think the night belonged to Bernadette and Amy.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is Amy going to confess to a crush on Penny? They've been dropping a lot of hints.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I think Amy has the equivalent of a bromance. Just like Penny introduced the guys to the world beyond their labs, she has done the same for Amy. Amy is just thrilled to finally have a bestie and be in on life.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ok, after this episode I almost think Howard's Mom, whom we only heard and never seen, is played by the same actress who plays Howard's girlfriend/fiance Bernadette! At the end of the episode when Bernadette and Howard's mom were shouting at each other they sounded identical. I used to hear the similiarity before but it was so clear last night when they yelled to one another. Anyone else think so?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think that was the joke...Howard was marrying someone who was turning into his mom. I don't think they are the same actress.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Carol Ann Susi is the voice of Howard's mom. Melissa Rauch plays Bernadette. But I agree, they sounded very similar.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
LOL, I could have sworn Howard's mom's voice was done by a male. Good to know I was wrong. Ms. Rauch is a fantastic actress and does the voice perfectly and those last few scenes were hilarious.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My maiden name is Rauch. I wonder if we are related :-)

I've been catching the reruns of Big Bang in Syndication. There are a few I don't remember seeing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Evil Wil Wheaton is returning this week, LOL.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I can't say the name Wil Wheaton without saying it like Sheldon. It's a thing now.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's his 'mortal enemy Wil Wheaton'
Love in the previews where his girlfriend asks about Sheldon's Mortal enemies... I think he said he has about 61 of them. Funny stuff..

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
That was great. Wil Wheaton is now Sheldon's good friend and Brent Spiner (Data) is now his mortal enemy. This could prove very funny in future episodes.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Loved it! "Excuse me storm troopers, these are the droids you're looking for."

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Will we get Brent Spiner at Leonard's birthday party?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The real coup de grace would be if Leonard Nimoy agreed to a guest appearance. That would be epic.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I must be living in a cave because I didn't know until a few days ago that Wil Wheaton was a real life person...LOL

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Don't feel bad Naja, I didn't know either until after he'd been on a couple times. I also had never heard the name Brent Spiner until last night and if that man would have passed me on the street I wouldn't have seen him. I think it's because we're non-geeks who have crossed over to a geek show. But, I think that's ok. I think we're all welcome.

However, I do know who Leonard Nimoy is and I think if he were ever on the show they'd have to have a hospital scene because Sheldon would have a stroke.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The funniest show they ever did was the Gift Basket one when Penny gave Sheldon the napkin with Leonard Nimoy's signature and DNA. I still laugh when I think of the look on his face.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
that is my favorite episode too!!!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I get all the references to Star Trek and stuff, and am a proud geek...but I was jock in high school, so I came to geek-dom later than most, as well. Welcome to all who are new to the trekkie-type references. Once you know them really well, the jokes will be funnier when it pertains to them.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
You know, I never considered non geeks watching BBT. I own action figures, I know the owner of the comic book store, I have been to Star Trek conventions. .....

Sometimes when the laugh track plays.... I do not get why it is a joke.