TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 17, 2011 users admin

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
thanks Puzzled, i appreciate it. Lucky with CT I don't have to see it to understand. I am sure those three scenes that was about 2.5 hours.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
CBC says it will double up the episodes starting September 5. Is Sunday going to also double up?

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Pippin - it seems that CBC is being pretty tight-lipped about the whole thing. The only thing that seems to be available on their website is a little box here http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2011/06/08/cbc-season.html and it says "On weekdays". The schedule on my PVR goes up to Sep 09/11 and it shows just the usual 1/2 hour at 6:30 pm and 2.5 hours on Sunday. There is speculation on the CBC message board because people are trying to plan gatherings for the 50th anniversary episodes but nobody seems to know anything for sure.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I saw it on a commercial but they did not mention Sundays.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Yes I have seen some commercials since I posted. As you say, no mention of Sundays. I PVR it and then usually still watch it on Sunday mornings. I might have to start watching a bit during the week. I can't see spending 5 hours every Sunday watching it!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Ok so that was just too sad for my taste.

The_beav

08-07-2005

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send The_beav a private message Print Post    
I loved the dance with Vera and thought it was a wonderful send off. I was teary but that is okay.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Very teary for me to watch too. Such a nice touch to get Vera back for this.
Sad to see Jack taking a last look at The Rovers and the Street.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I just watched the weeks episodes this morning. The dance was very touching. End of an era for Corrie.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Nick and Leeann are playing with fire.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Carla is happy I'll bet. She cant wait for the truth to come out and she can scoop up Mr. Prize himself--Peter Barlow.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
looking at corrie.net I see that this coming week is the huge event. Don't miss an episode. I can't believe it is so soon. It seems only a few months since we checked on the exciting shows for Corrie's 50th Anniversary last December.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I cannot wait.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
That is fast! Because of its explosive content, I ran into a lot of spoilers back then. They went all out for this 50th anniversary.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just got thru watching Sept 3rd. Did anyone have a hard time with the scenes in the joinery on the opening night? Neither I nor my dh could hear a word of the dialogue, the background noise was so loud. Leanne Leanne. Although at this point I think she loves Simon more than Peter. Carla was just itching to tell Peter about Leanne's indiscretion. I still don't get the whole alcoholic storyline for her, I guess they just wanted to throw them together. And what is that whack job Charlotte up to?

Molly needs some therapy, one minute she is staying with Ty, the next minute she's telling Kevin she can't stand it any more. Then two scenes later she is telling Kev he needs to act like a man and back off, cut to the Rovers and she's telling Kev she is still in love with him. Confused? So are we.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Jasper, she's dead next week anyway, the future doesn't exist

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
yeah i heard she was destined to be a casualty. i just wish she would go out with some dignity. staying true to ty and not disclosing her wish to leave or baby jack's paternity.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
oops!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for the show tonight!

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I am not enjoying CS for the past 20 hrs... do not like any of the story lines especially John and that crazy lady, Kevin and his girls, two 16 year old living together...

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
What a shock...I watched today Thursday did not recognise anything, there was nothing there just..... between Sunday and Thursday what happened, every one was going about their lives i didn't like then that, what was that? What are the writers doing??????

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Now that I think most have seen 1 ep between Sunday and Thursday I have to continue this. What are the writers doing to CS, if they wanted to remake the Street, did they have to do it that way. I felt sad and vex all together, Simon, Jason, Pete, Dev and Sunita, little Jack. When all I thought I had to be sick about was the John, the crazy lady, and those 4 teenagers...

I know i normally watch on Sunday but for those who watch daily please tell me what happened even though I will see it all on Sunday during 5 hours. Seems like there is no future on CS any more... "The Cabin" "The Joinery" what about the factory, I don't think there is history there anymore. If this is the writer's way of celebrating 50th anni... it is stupid. I cannot wait for someone to explain what happened so I can really say how stupid the writers are.!!!!!!!!!!!!! vexed
OH! I forgot the El... and Did Carla have a hand in it?

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I did hear somewhere that the show is going to move to a new location--and I found a link!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1242366/Coronation-Streets-iconic-set-demolished-rebuilt-new-location.html
I think I missed what caused all the disaster in the first place! Something at the Joinery caused it.
I am so sad about the end of one of the characters in particular. Cant understand why TPTB wrote that character off!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Trini,
Spoiler
there was a gas explosion in the nightclub. Ciaran had complained when he served up cold food for the bachelor party saying that the gas was playing up and that was the best he could do. Following the explosion a tram came right off the rail and landed in the street. I did notice throughout the few days before that we were shown scenes from a distance showing the train tunning across the top of the screen, and when the people were in the club we could hear the trains where we hadn't in the past.