TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through September 27, 2011 users admin

Marameko

07-15-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The 4th season starts this Sunday 07/17 @ 10:00 PM, EST. Evidently it will be a violent season.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
So excited for Sunday!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
No Emmy nominations for Breaking Bad this year....they got skipped over because of the timing of their new season....

Marameko

07-15-2002

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yikes !! That was one bloody episode.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
What the heck is up with Marie ? She is tiring of Hank's bad behavior.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess so,shes going back to her old behavior of being a kleptomaniac.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ahhhhhhhh I did recall that she had that problem in the past.Thanks Lakecat.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ok, the last two episodes have shocked the shit out of me!

Aaron Paul is so damn good, I could just cry for him.

Marie is off the deep end, making up stories about who she is and what kind of family she has. I bet she's wishing for any other family besides Hank, who is being a total ass to her.

I thought it was interesting that Skylar can come up with so many easy lies. Must be a family trait!

When Hank put that DVD on, and it was Gale, my own heart started racing and my stomach was in knots...as if it was MY life!

That's some damn good writing and acting.

Oh, I almost forgot - when Mike was in the back of the truck and those guys started shooting - the light from outside came in through the bullet holes just like when the RV meth lab's door was shot up. The photography and everything was almost the same. I love little details like this.

Best show on TV, by far, and I'm a Mad Men fan too! As much as I can relate to Mad Men, I actually 'feel' Breaking Bad.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Somewhere I read that this was only going to last 2 seasons. Has anyone else heard this? jessie hes just so self destructive.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
This season is very, very dark. Not liking as much. I miss Jesse's unconscious humor. Hank's too.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lake, the series creator, Vince Gilligan, has announced that he intended for the show to run 5 seasons only. So unless he changes his mind, next season will be the final one. Very sad if that's what ends up happening. Not since The Shield have I loved a show this much. Breaking Bad is at least 10 times better than The Shield. Aaron Paul is utterly sublime. Every time he punctuates a sentence with the word "B#TCH" is delicious in the extreme.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
AMC, Sony reach deal for 'Breaking Bad' finale

NEW YORK -- The AMC network and producers of its popular "Breaking Bad" series about a chemistry teacher gone bad have agreed on making a fifth and final season of the show.

Production on the final, 16-episode run will begin early next year and hasn't been scheduled for air.

Negotiations with series maker Sony Television had reportedly been tense, with Sony even contacting other networks to see if they'd be interested in picking up the show if AMC bowed out. The cable network, with another costly and popular series in "Mad Men," was looking to keep expenses down and had been seeking a shorter run of episodes.

Producers may have gained leverage with the strong performance of the series in its fourth season this summer. The season debut on July 18 had the series' highest ratings ever, and overall "Breaking Bad" has 28 percent more viewers this season than it had the last, the Nielsen Co. said.

Actor Bryan Cranston has won three Emmy Awards for his portrayal of lead character Walter White, who uses his chemistry knowledge to become a drug kingpin after receiving a cancer diagnosis.

"This is a great gift to me and my wonderful writers," said Vince Gilligan, series creator. "It's knowledge which will allow us to build our story to a satisfying conclusion. Now, if we don't manage to pull that off, we've got no one to blame but ourselves."

The series premiered in January 2008.

LINK to mercurynews.com

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Deadline.com also reported today that AMC might divide the final 16 episodes into two seasons instead of one -- this will depend on how the contract negotiations play out that are currently underway for Vince Gilligan and for Bryan Cranston and the other major cast members.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Walter had really "grown a pair " hasn't he ??

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sort of feeling a tee tiny bit for Gus.Hes really in the same predicament as Walter and Jesse.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
LOVE the actor who plays Gus. He is sooooooooo good!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Just watched Sunday's episode.

I do believe it was the best one I've ever seen. Walter & Walter Jr., Skylar and Ted, JESSIE - OMG - and Gus...Mike...I've never had my heart pounding as much as it was at the end.

Clearly the best show on TV.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Cranston's scene with Walt Jnr. (the morning after the beat-down) was totally Emmy worthy. Again. I keep forgetting just how good Cranston is. And Jesse, Mike and Gus in the pool scene--awesome. I loved that the Don met his end at the same pool as Gus's lover did. I think Gus and Mike have undoubtedly gained mega respect for Jesse.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
OMG I did not realize that was Gus ' s partner who was killed years ago.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I was surprised to learn that the actor playing the Don is Stephen Bauer from Scarface. He was Manny, Pacino's level-headed bf and sister's husband in that movie.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Another killer episode tonight. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 26, 2011 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It was a good episode.Not sure how many episodes remain or if this was the finale.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, September 26, 2011 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I believe we still have two left. This season has gone by so quickly!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 26, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
The tension at the end of this episode was almost unbearable.

Excellent storytelling, in every way. I can't even imagine where we go from here.

The phone call from Marie, with Walt's hysterical laughter in the background is going to give me nightmares!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I figured that was the season finale. Seems like an excellent end/cliffhanger-but so pleased there are 2 more episodes.