TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 24, 2011 users admin

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Half way thru this, I added it to my recording list. I thought it was EXCELLENT! The two main characters were very good - well acted, well written. How they made the "hired gun" seem nearly invinceable without being cartoonish was very good. They provided enough background info to keep it from being too confusing, but it is steeped in intrege - serious but not dark. Loved it!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
DITTO!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought it was serious, dark and very strange and I like it. I would imagine we might just be shocked at how many cameras are really out there. I will keep watching show.

Kady

07-30-2000

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kady a private message Print Post    
i recorded it....had to watch my project runway. i will check it out sometime today.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked the high tech aspect but doesn't come close to what the Minority Report movie could do, the idea to prevent a crime from happening comes from that movie but a good police squad could do what that guy was trying to do and I'm sure a police squad could get that high tech equipment to monitor a lot of suspects but this series wants to make that one single guy the one who gets the bad guys, didn't convince me that much.... and I think we just have too many crime shows... I'll watch another episode to see if I should keep watching.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dang, missed it. Is it anywhere online yet like Hulu or something?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I recorded it but missed the first 15 minutes. I haven't watched my recording yet. i'm wondering if Comcast on Demand will have it.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
The character of Ben from Lost was my favorite, due to the amazing Michael Emerson's performance, and I think he echos that in this show. The 'man behind the curtain' persona.

I liked the presentation, technical effects and concept. Some of the dialog felt like it was trying a bit too hard, but overall I enjoyed it.

The one thing that I think it's missing is the personal connection with the 'target'. I felt like I needed more background on the woman and the actual target. They were almost like props, and I needed to care about what happened to them.

I know it's only the first episode and a lot of it was exposition, so I'm hoping the next episode will show some more potential.

<I miss LOST>

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hulu doesn't usually get CBS, Mame, but it's at the cbs.com website. Not sure if you can get it from Canada...?

http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest/video/2139986986/person-of-interest-pilot

I was expecting more intrigue but it seems like we now know everything, and it's going to be that each week it's going to be like a typical Law & Order type show but backwards. I'm going to give it a few more episodes (in fact will probably keep on watching it because of Michael Emerson) to see how it goes.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
This show is wow. The main character is scary even though he is doing "good" in a way. He has no qualms like the normal police officer and stays outside the law.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Watch HERE

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Cavaziel reminded me of Christian Bale on the subway train.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I had never heard of Cavaziel before, but I think it was perfect casting.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
it's going to repeat on Saturday evening if anyone still wants to catch it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Kitt, Rslover, & Kar! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with the premiere now. :-)

Hereiam

03-29-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hereiam a private message Print Post    
I just watched off the dvr... I liked it a bunch.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed it. This will fill the hole left in my watching schedule left by the cancellation of Human Target, I think. I've loved Caviezel in everything I've seen him in from Frequency to the Count of Monte Cristo to the Passion of the Christ...and it's great to see him in this role...he and Ben Linus, er Michael Emerson, seem to have good chemistry, and as long the stories are good, I'll be watching the show...Great to see Natalie Zea again, I love her on Justified

Mictay

09-29-2006

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lycan I couldnt put my finger on who she was but knew I knew her from something!!

I agree this is on DVR to record series,I really liked it!

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Rslover, thanks for that link. Do you have to be a member of megavideo to see TV shows there?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We really enjoyed this show. I loved that it took the turn in the middle and the one you thought was the woman in peril turned out to be the bad guy! Totally not expecting that! I love, love, love Michael Emerson. He is such a gifted actor. What's with the limp? He reminded me of House. Maybe we'll learn more about the limp later. And how could he have been in NYC on 9/11 and not known what was going on all day? Did he work in a cellar all by himself?

I saw lots of Lostian-type plot possibilities here. I love that Ben Linus, um, Mr. Finch (?) is back!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Rslover, I watched it on Hulu. Thanks again!

Topnotch script, never saw the twist coming! And the acting is terrif.

For those who are wondering who Jim Caviezel is, he played Jesus in Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ. His name is pronounced Ka-VEE-zil.

As for the exquisite thespian Michael Emmerson, I have a 2 degrees of separation from him. He and his wife are pals of an actress acquaintance of mine who lives in NY & LA. She's posted pix of them partying together on her FB page.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oops, meant to say I watched it on megavideo, not hulu.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi RSL, :-) Thanks for that link, it's a new one for me and I've bookmarked it.

I've used megavideo before. Watching it today I had some buffering issues, but it was worth the mild annoyance to see the show.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Mame,
If you let it load first, it won't buffer. There are lots of other links but megavideo is best even though it limits your time. You can also get around it if you have a modem by resetting it.