TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 19, 2011 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Spunky, that was after she found out that she would be working in the State Attorney's office. Things would be worse for Alicia (and for her) if she was working for Peter.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the episode. I was cheering when Alicia went after mother in law. the odd thing is whenI was a kid there was a show called The farmers wife, with william Windom and his mother looked just like the mother in law but she was the ultimate kind mother in law. and here we have a sweet white haird mother in law who is diabolical.

Re Kalinda, I feel sorry for her. She didnt sleep with her best friends husband. She didn't know Alicia at the time. I understand why Alicia cant speak to her but I hope they can resolve their issues. Maybe Kalinda will be the investiator on Alicia's divorce

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I understood why Alicia went off on Kalinda but also thought it was completely overdone so I was thrilled when Kalinda came back at the end and sat directly across from her at the conference table.

She's back to stay, Alicia. Deal with it!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Alicia has a husband who cheated whenever he could. She kicked him out only after finding out that she became friends with one of his one night stands? The multiple times with the same hooker should have done the trick... so to speak. There must be many more women he cheated with. Alicia needs to ask all the women she meets if they ever slept with her husband before becoming friends with them. She might find that there are no women in Chicago who she can trust.

I think she will get over it and they will be friends again, but maybe not right away.

Aus10

09-28-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aus10 a private message Print Post    
Every time I see "Jackie" all I can think is... that's Jenn's grandma on Dawson's Creek... I need to quit watching so many re-runs. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was thrilled with the dressing down of the always manipulative MIL Jackie!!

And of course happy that Kalinda will still be in her position.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Jackie reminds me of Eddie on Leave it to Beaver. He was always such a schemer and when he'd get caught he be all 'Who me?, never.'.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Maddening is a good word for Jackie. I would hope that Alicia either changes the locks on her apartment or asks Jackie for her key back. One way or the other, that woman needs to be pushed out of Alicia's life. Not saying she should be denied time with her grandchildren, but she has no business going to Alicia's uninvited.

As for Kalinda, she was stuck between a rock & a hard place. It was either work with Alicia or work with Peter. Working with Peter would have left her with no option whatsoever for her relationship with Alicia to ever see the light of day again. I have a feeling they'll eventually work through the issue. It will likely take most of next season, but they'll come out better in the end.

Peter & Alicia, as I said earlier in the year, will now be going head-to-head on cases next year. When I said it earlier, I didn't expect it to be as estranged spouses. I kind of thought they'd be sleeping in the same bed. This will bring an interesting dynamic into the whole thing. I know this season isn't over yet, but I can't wait until next season.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Season finale tonight :-)

Debra

11-20-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
I am really looking forward to tonight's episode. The previews have been really hot, LOL!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Is Sarah Silverman on tonight's episode? I think I read she was going to be on this show and me loves her.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No, she was on last week's episode.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Somewhat predictible ending. Well I can't even use the word predictable because they spoiled it in the previews. But the episode was pretty good. I love Eli and I will not give up on despising Grandma until she's firmly ensconsed in some trailer in Florida.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I will not give up on despising Grandma until she's firmly ensconsed in some trailer in Florida.

LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I always thought "The Good Wife" title was a wrong one for the show. But they don't care, a 'good wife' can separate and take a lover... the heck with the title.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
lol on grandma.

I enjoyed the season finale, even the humor at the end -- all those snafus cut into that "hour"

I also love Eli, great character.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I love this show and it was a good season finale. Probably next season isn't going to be a peaceful one with all of the different personalities. Love Eli and I am "in" with sending grandma to Florida or even the moon.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Great appearance by Jane Alexander. She has always been one of my favorite actresses and it was nice to see a judge who isn't as quirky as most of them have been.

This show seems more like a crime-solving series most of the time than a courtroom or case drama. They don't just get their clients off, they end up solving the case. I don't have a problem with it, though, because it combines the best of both kinds of series and makes it much faster-paced and always interesting.

I think they need to keep Grandma around. Sure she's terrible, but she does keep the drama coming.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I just have the impression that Alicia's kids are the same ones in A Fine Day with Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney and I wondered if they paired them as siblings after that movie... they played well together..

I like Grandma, as nosy as she is, I think I would have been the same, since I don't have much success with my own kids (all I get from them is "I'm fine") I hope with their children would be more fun to talk to... I can understand her.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why the kids always need a babysitter. They seem old enough to take care of themselves for a while.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Nope, Spunky. They're not the same kids from One Fine Day. OFD was out in 1996 so the kids would be in their 20s at this point. On the IMDB pages for both of them One Fine Day is their only credit.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why the kids always need a babysitter. They seem old enough to take care of themselves for a while.

They live in an apartment in a big city. I'd want an adult around for them too. Not really taking care of them, but to be there in case there are problems.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
the girl who played George Clooney's daughter in One Fine Day is Mae Whitman who has been in a TON of stuff and is currently on Parenthood. the little boy who played Michelle Pfeiffer's son also has been in quite a few things. neither one is in The Good Wife

Midwestgal

05-11-2011

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Midwestgal a private message Print Post    
I love this show but do they really have to move it to Sundays against Desperate Housewives?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Loved the ending, hate Jackie, and like Scout, I was delighted to see Jane Alexander! She's just top drawer as an actress!