TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All My Children: Archive through September 14, 2011 users admin

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I for one refuse to watch any talk show that they put on in the place of the soaps and I plan on contacting the sponsers to let them know this.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
We were contacted by angry consumers. We already had an advertising contract and placement coordinated before any of this came about. Please remember that the shows aren't necessarily being sponsored so much as the time slot that is opportune. The best protest would be to not watch it then you won't know who sponsors.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I agree with Countrydaze or any other shows, I use to get the soap opera newspapers. why bother get them any more I just letting run out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't plan on watching the shows that replace these beloved shows...although to be honest I'm one of the ones who hasn't watched in recent years...but like Michael Knight says...you still want to know that they are around. I have to admit though that I started watching again just to see what happens with Tad and Dixie...who belong together no matter what...LOL!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
That was cool seeing Agnes Nixon today.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I loved that, too, Rslover!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was hoping David would say that Agnes has this disease that starts with abc and its trying to kill her!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I am so angry that abc has the gall to advertize their stupid new show during AMC. Do they really think that the loyal viewers of our soaps are going to say, gee that looks like a great show????? I will never watch whatever they replace my show with. In all the years I have been watching they have not promoted any of our daytime soaps as much as they are promoting this and it makes me sick. Do I sound mad and upset.....you bet I am.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Country, I feel the same way every time one of those stupid commercials comes on.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, September 02, 2011 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Me too

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, September 02, 2011 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I will be waiting to see the Chew go down in flames! Hope its off the air by end of the year.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, September 02, 2011 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Ditto Country!!!!!!

Slinkydog

11-30-2005

Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Slinkydog a private message Print Post    
I heard that the actress that plays Angie is going to another soap. It must be in need of over-actors.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I heard the same thing I wonder if she is going to die when she is going to have her eye surgery and of course David would be blame for her death, that how it looks like they are going, this is just my thought. LOL :-)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The actress who plays Amanda has a new show already! The actor who does JR is going to another soap as is Debbie Morgan.
If the new format for AMC works well, I hope some of these people come back!!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
All My Children is ending its much-beloved 41-year run this month, and The View is sending the series off in style with an entire episode devoted to the show on September 23.

Susan Lucci herself will co-host, along with Whoopi, Elisabeth, Sherri and Joy. Also in attendance will be AMC's legendary creator Agnes Nixon and executive producer Julie Carruthers, Cameron Mathison ("Ryan"), Rebecca Budig ("Greenlee") and Vincent Irizarry ("David"), as well as numerous surprise guests!

There will also be exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of the final days of taping All My Children, so if you are a fan, this is an episode you're not going to want to miss.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
It doesn't look like too many of them are going to the new format

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
No, Susan Lucci is not, unfortunately. I guess she added a chapter to her book which was just released in paperback, talking about what went down when the show was canceled. I haven't heard who has signed from AMC, but read a list of some from OLTL that are signing.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Mary Fickett, who played Ruth Martin, has died: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/12/all-my-children-star-mary_n_958662.html

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Wonder what she died of.

This whole cancellation is so sad, like when Jonny Carson went off. I never really watched Johnny, but I knew he was always there, from even before I was born.

AMC was always there at noon, from before i even remember, during HS and college lunches, during lunches at work (if the job i had happened to have a tv in the breakroom) to being a SAHM with Erica and whomever on in the background....

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/arts/television/mary-fickett-a-pillar-of-all-my-children-dies-at-83.html

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I am sorry to hear about Mary Fickett and I was sad when she left the show.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Me too. Sad..she died from Alzheimer's complications. I always thought Lee Merriwether looked too young (even though she was only 7 yrs younger)to play Ruth.

I can't believe the last show is in 10 days.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I am not watching the Chew. Less to DVR.