TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 01, 2011 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Hotch isn't leaving but remember he has to be in charge of more than just the BAU.

I knew she was coming back so it was no surprise either.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Hotch isn't leaving but remember he has to be in charge of more than just the BAU.

I knew she was coming back so it was no surprise either.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you must have hit Reply on my PM to you, and it went to TVCH mods. I did not get any reply from you. I really do just LOVE sharing my most intimate off-board thoughts with the TVCH Mods, and I often do the same thing myself. I am Juju2bigdog at Yahoo, etc. If you could kindly re-send. Thanks.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just emailed that address now. I replied through your profile before so I'm not sure where it went! Let me know if it still doesn't work. Hope you enjoy the episode!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hmmmmmmmm, I got a pm from somebody else through my profile the other day. Oh wait, I PM'd you, and you probably hit Reply. If you hit Reply, it goes to the TVCH mods. You have to look in the e-mail and pull out my e-mail address and copy it and paste it in instead of the TVCHMods address.

Anyway, I got the e-mail you sent directly to me at the address in my profile, and used the info and sent you a reply e-mail, and all is good. Thanks for helping out.

And now I agree that the finale was just like a regular episode with a five second teaser at the end about JJ returning. So yay for that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't know JJ was returning.. no TIVO and don't always read the blurbs.. so I was really happy about that, but worrying as much as Garcia about who might not be staying.

I stopped watching the new show after about 3-4 eps.. just wasn't getting into it and watch far too much TV to add a new show I'm not liking.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am not watching the new show either for much the same reason. Well, or, I actually don't watch that much television, but have enough that I am watching. Oh! Maybe I could watch the new show on reruns. That would work.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just read it's official that Paget Brewster is coming back and Rachel Nichols has been let go. Thomas Gibson is still in negotiations but I can't see the show without Hotch. I'm glad she's coming back. I like the old team all together.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I will be happy to see Paget return!

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Told ya! Hotch's leaving was the cliffhanger in the season finale last week!! Will he, won't he? They certainly laid the ground for it being possible in the penultimate scene of the finale.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
And yay for Paget's return!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I watch the show in reruns on Ion but am a big fan. Sounds like they listened to the fans on this one and are keeping the team intact. Yay, loyalty. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :-)

Serate

08-21-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Rachel Nichols? Is that the new girl??? If so YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I feel a bit sorry for her, it wasn't her fault they upset the fans by replacing a blonde with a blonde (so insulting!) but it can't have done her career much good. Mind you she hasn't been in much recently so maybe any press is a good press.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I feel a bit sorry for her, it wasn't her fault they upset the fans by replacing a blonde with a blonde (so insulting!) but it can't have done her career much good. Mind you she hasn't been in much recently so maybe any press is a good press."

That just reminded me of a story that is totally OFF TOPIC:

Andie McDowell's first big break came when she played the leading lady in the movie "Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes" opposite Christopher Lambert. Unfortunately, in post production the producers decided her southern accent was too strong for the part, and they brought in Glenn Close to redub her entire speaking part!

"(1996, on having her voice dubbed by Glenn Close for Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984)) When I heard the news, I was in my hotel room, alone. At the time of "Greystoke", I was not even in a good relationship, so I had no one to share it with. I didn't deceive myself for one minute about what the media was going to do with it or what people in the business were going to think. I said to myself, "Either I jump out that window out of humiliation and embarrassment or I fight". The choice was there: die or fight. It was set up so perfectly for people to think that I had no capabilities, whatsoever. So, I decided to go to class, to evolve. Until Sex, Lies, and Videotape (1989), I was untouchable. My manager was fighting for me with people who would not even see me. It certainly hasn't been easy, but I'm proud of my achievements."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000510/bio

When I saw Greystoke in the theatre, I'd never heard of McDowell and therefore never realized her speaking part had been re-dubbed at all but watching the film now, I can clearly hear Glenn Close's voice in the part.

----------------------------

In an attempt t make this a little bit "on" topic, I'll add this:

My bet is that this move on Criminal Minds won't hurt the career of Rachel Nichols at all. So many actors come and go on TV shows and her role was pretty small on CM, so I think she'll do okay. Besides, she already has a pretty decent list of credits, including Star Trek (2009) and Alias (2005) and she just completed a starring role on the new Conan the Barbarian movie (2011) opposite Jason Momoa.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0629697/

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
My bet is that this move on Criminal Minds won't hurt the career of Rachel Nichols at all. So many actors come and go on TV shows and her role was pretty small on CM, so I think she'll do okay.

I agree.

I can't feel bad for her. She made money. She just wasn't a fan favorite. IF it "hurt" her at all maybe she will realize that she shouldn't take a part in a show where they are basically "replacing" a fan fave who had no option to stay. That, plus the storyline was so stupid & unbelievable of how she ended up with them.

But that being said, Sanfran is right, it probably didn't hurt her career at all.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't remember her in Star Trek. Glad she's had something since Alias, it seemed like such a big starting platform but then she seemed to just disappear.

Weird about Andie McDowell and Glenn Close! It's been so long since I've seen that movie I couldn't even remember who was in it other than Christopher Lambert.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY for Paget returning!!! That is going to be seriously intense when the team finds out that she has been alive this entire time.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree. I wonder how they are going to do that and I would think the other members of the team will be really upset that they were not trusted.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It will put an interesting twist on how they look at it all. They are in the business of knowing that these things happen though.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 30, 2011 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Mamie316, yes and it was for her safety, so hopefully they will understand and as lexie_girl said it is going to be pretty intense. Penelope is going to be very hurt, I'm afraid. She will be so glad to see her though that it will all be ok. :-)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So not a fan of Paget so seriously could care less if she comes or goes. (Personally thought she was not that great of an actor...)

Not too sad to see the new girl go home. She wasn't that great of an actor either.

Hotch must stay. And seriously glad JJ is coming back!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I pretty much agree with Costa. Hotch is probably the strongest leading personality of all of the shows I watch and he would be missed incredibly.

JJ will add an element back in that's been missing since she left. I hope Emily(Paget) lightens up a little when she comes back.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Emily really grew on me and I like her. I like the whole team. I think the one I'd miss the most would be Spencer but they are all so good together.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm just so excited. It's like the fans really won this time !!!