TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through August 18, 2011 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I have a new found respect for Kathy Ireland, I thought it was a great interview with her today. I found her website, there's some interesting things there; who knew she did weddings.

kathyireland.com

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I looked up Sharon's father who died in 2007. He was QUITE the shady character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Arden

Debra

11-20-2003

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Tweet from

Michael Ausiello
THE TALK Shake-Up: Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete to Exit www.tvline.com/2011/08/the-ta… via @MegMasters

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I cant believe this! I really like Holly and Leah and their contribution to the Talk. A couple of weeks ago I did hear that Holly's contract hadnt been renewed as of yet. People were wondering what that meant. I hope we hear what's behind all this. Sounding too like The View and all the strife they had with each other.

Debra

11-20-2003

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Me too Cable. I thought it was going to say Sharon wasn't returning. . .

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The funny thing about these women is they talk about being at each others houses or out at kids events, things like that together. They seem as if they get on enough to spend (voluntarily) time with each other, so I don't know how much I believe the stories of them fighting.

I think they're a good team and I'd like them all to come back. And it makes me nervous when people take breaks "to be with my husband/wife," I always wonder if there's an illness involved.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Chen ticks off ‘The Talk' team

Last Updated: 12:39 AM, August 16, 2011

Julie Chen’s “queen bee attitude" is forcing the ladies of CBS’s “The Talk" to flee the daytime gab-fest after just one season.

Sources say fed-up Leah Remini plans to quit on the heels of Sharon Osbourne’s bombshell that she’s taking a break. Co-host Holly Robinson Peete last week said she will not return for Season 2.

The last straw for Osbourne and Remini was Chen’s order, passed down from her master-of- the-universe husband, CBS President Les Moonves, following their South of France break, that the women were not allowed to discuss the Casey Anthony case without her because she’s the only host with journalistic credentials.

“[Julie] said, ‘My husband feels strongly that you should not be talking about news [without me], you are not news people,’ ” our source told us. “Sharon just said, ‘I don’t know about this.’ She’d had enough. ”

Despite the friction, one program insider called Chen “the glue that holds the show together” and firmly placed the blame on Remini.

“[Remini] was a disruptive force,” the source said. “She had a huge morale problem,” adding that Remini often brought her mother on set, who refused to follow studio rules.

“Her mother never parked in her assigned space,” the insider said. “She was told not to park in the lot anymore.”

Two executive producers have abandoned the show since it began last fall. But co-host Sara Gilbert is slated to return.

A CBS spokesperson told us, “ ‘The Talk’ just finished a strong first season . . . The producers are currently working on a creative game plan for Season 2, which launches on Sept. 6.”

Osbourne’s rep said she was “not reachable.” Remini’s agent said, “I don’t believe anyone’s option has been picked up. Her mom does go to the show every day as does Sara’s mom and Holly’s mom.”

He declined to comment about the parking-lot matter because Remini couldn’t be reached by deadline.

LINK to nypost.com/p/pagesix

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, such drama. Chen and Gilbert are the two I like best, so glad they'll stay, not that I get to watch this show often.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Julie Chen is definitely the referee, but I assumed that was her role, not something she forced on the others.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I think Remini is out of her league on this show. She's always so brash and loud too; I'm glad she's going. As for Sharon, I'm tired of seeing her everywhere. She's over exposed. Now her daughter is going the same route.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I agree, Holly. I've tuned out or not even turned on The Talk because of Leah. I do like Sharon, but as you say there's too much of her generally in the media.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read it was Leah and HOLLy who were not asked to return.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I read that too Lakecat.

And Sharon Osbourne has said she's taking time off as she wants to spend more time with Ozzy and her 'family'. It sounded as though she was leaving the door open to return later. Now I don't know if she was just saying that because she hadn't been asked to do the next season or not.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched this show for about 15 minutes, 2 times. All I remember is Leah and Holly talking and talking and talking. No one seemed to be listening.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I am genuinely taken aback. I like them both, so I hope they return. But if they don't, I think it was management, I don't believe the gossip going around. We'll see what they have to say if it happens. Upsetting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Leah has been tweeting about it. She says so far she knows as much as everyone else. And she doesn't want to leave the show at all.

I could do without Holly, but I have always loved Leah. King of Queens was my fav sitcom while it was on.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I like them all really. Love the interaction between and Leah and Sarah(she calls This One), love listening to Holly's stories about her family, and Sharon can be fun at times. Julie is interesting because all I have ever seen her do is Big Brother, so there is a lot I dont know about her. Except the fact that she is married to the head of CBS! Someone told me she broke up his long term marriage, is that true?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I LOVE Leah and Sharon. They make me laugh the most. I hope they all stay.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I loved the Heffernons on King of Queens too, but I just can't take Leah when she's being Leah. Too loud, crass, and classless.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
King of Queens is my all time favorite. I guess Leah *is* Carrie.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Too loud, crass, and classless.

All about perception. I see it as her being real and normal. Note fake.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I see Leah as being herself too, I think she's a very warm and caring person, and I love the interaction she has with the other hosts. And I think Holly is the same way, plus I love that she can help us understand autism from a mom's perspective. I hope no one leaves; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I heard just Leah and Holly were not asked back. Sharon, Julie and Sarah should all be back next season.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Can't stand Holly, and I found Leah obnoxious, so I'm okay with this.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That's really too bad because I really like the fact that they're all so different from each other. The only one bugging me is Julie.

Today, they were talking about stealing items from hotels, restaurants, etc., and Leah kiddingly called them all "thieving bast##@@s!" I loved it because I agree with her. And Julie is a thief!