TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 04, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Days of Our Lives: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 04, 2011 users admin

Yacky

07-06-2005

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yacky a private message Print Post    
In a surprise casting decision, Days of our Lives newcomer Natalia Livingston has been let go from the role of Taylor Raines. The show has announced that character will be taken in a new direction. As a result, the NBC soap has recast the role with a familiar face at Days of our Lives -- Emmy winner Tamara Braun (ex-Ava Vitali).

Bicbicz911

08-19-2005

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
That just stinks. Natalia is beautiful, her portrayal of Taylor is sweet and innocent. I can't see Tamara bringing the same qualities.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Taylor was on years ago (according to Dustin's site it was in 1998). She fell for Eric Brady (not a real storyline, though) and was mentioned frequently by Nicole and/or Brandon.

I agree - switching actresses will change the character, and I think this whole love at first site story is dumb.

I also wish Rafe would actually MAKE it into the apartment and end this dumb replacement storyline right away, but you just know EJ's call to fake Rafe will mean real Rafe gets no where near Sami. Booo, hiss.

Finally, I'm not buying the Melonie/Philip reconciliation storyline, either.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I believe EJ and Nicole do tie the knot, I saw pics online and Taylor is a bridesmaid.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
But...I know that doesn't meant the whole ceremony goes through...these weddings always get interrupted!

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Friday, February 18, 2011 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Starting watching the last two days and OMG no wonder I stop watching, does Sami's character EVER change? she is easily the most annoying character EVER

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
How does everyone like Dario so far?

I have to say I love the hospital room with the extra door that Stefano can sneak in and out of.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure about Dario- hopefully he has better facial expressions than Nathan (his lips/mouth always drive me nuts - and not in a good way!).

However, I am NOT liking at all that they are so clearly setting up a Dario/Melanie combo. I'd like to see Melanie fly solo for a while!

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree, Teach,they way he leaves his mouth open annoys me. He is nice looking but maybe his personality will cool down. I do love how Melanie gave it right back to him, that is the fiesty Mel I like.

Now Taylor's pained look gets to me too but I read that actress is leaving.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I loved Victor and Melanie's interactions today - he likes her spunk and their exchanges were just cute. Melanie "That sucks"; Victor "Totally." Cracked me up.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
If I were to have an illicit affair with my sister's husband, I wouldn't make out with him in the living room of their mansion. . . just sayin.

As usual, I'm rooting for Nicole. I wish the writers would give the woman a break!

I prefer the previous Taylor. At least she seemed innocent. I agree, Panda. She seems very pained.

Bicbicz911

08-19-2005

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
Really hate Tamara Braun in the Taylor role. Natalia had some unbelievable moments, but at least she sold the sweet and innocent parts of her character. Tamara always looks like she is plotting evil. Maybe I have some residual disdain for her Ava character and what she did to Patch.

Dario is awful! Not buying him for a Melanie love interest. His character is wooden and completely cliched.

Have always disliked the Sami-Rafe storyline, right from the start. I can't believe I am actually liking the current safe house story a bit!

Jen-Daniel is not going to please the masses, but they are cute. Fun scenes this past week with their first date.

I really wish the writers would pick a direction with Victor-Maggie and stick with it. I'd like to see the new psycho Caroline have some bitter battles with Maggie. I always love to see Maggie get her ire going.

You can always tell summer is coming when the teens start taking over the show. As pretty as Abigail is, I really have to fast forward through most of her scenes. Miss Judgment Pants really turns me off.

Carly's storyline is heating up. I enjoy her delusional scenes with Lawrence. The pharmacy scene this week with Abigail calling her Dr. Manning was phenomenal. Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I've only watched one episode in about 2 weeks, I NEED to put this on my dvr! I do read up on it, though!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, May 27, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am still 4 days behind but I have to say that as of Monday's show..Taylor and Lexi are so annoying!!!

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
Couple of favorites get the ax, while another couple come back to Days.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Louise Sorel, who plays Vivian, and Crystal Chappel, who plays Carly, are out. Marlena and John (Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn) are coming back.

Source: TVLine.com

I am not sure I am happy about the returning couple. They were irritating in their last few months on the show. I think the show is already to heavy with talent, and now that it is summer it is going to be teen-centric.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I heard of someone else returning

Spoiler
Matthew Ashford as Jack

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
Panda - I have heard the same thing. Apparently, he posted a note about it on his FB page. I don't mind him coming back. He has always been a favorite of mine.

Hiyall

07-06-2005

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hiyall a private message Print Post    
I catch Days at 10pm on soapnet and tonights episode is the one I saw lastnight...was a new Days not on today?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It must not have been Hiyall as my TIVO didn't record it either.

Like the last one listed as returning -- not so happy about the two leaving. I enjoy both of them.

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
I believe Days was pre-empted for the French Open yesterday.

Oldtex

03-06-2006

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oldtex a private message Print Post    
Dang! Those French are always messing with us!

Mush

09-09-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
More people leaving:
Spoiler
Chloe, Quinn, Taylor, Dario

and returning:
Spoiler
Nathan

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Not unhappy about any of the leaving people Mush listed -- and really couldn't care less if the returning one comes back. I think it's high time Stefano and Victor kicked things into gear and started raising some ruckus. Where's the Keriakis/Brady feud? Where the DiMera vs. Everyone in Salem vendettas?

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I just read about the departures/returns this morning! Wow talk about shaking it up - yay for one in particular leaving...lol

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 04, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
WTH was THAT today? Please give us the old family-centered, picnic in the park, fireworks, romantic Days for July 4th - not whatever that was today. I'm sure it was meant to be funny, and the cast looked like they had a blast doing it, but it really fell flat for me.