TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through July 21, 2011 users admin

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Sharon said she thinks Dr. Drew exploits sick people and is just doing it to be on tv, or something along those lines. Although I don't know if that's Dr. Drew's intent, I agree with her that his show exploits sick people, it's always bothered me. And Sharon has been through addiction within her own family, so she has a more personal viewpoint of it.

I don't think Sharon bother's the other hosts, bc they met her, they knew who she was before she was hired, so I think they like it, just to give people something to talk about. Holly was hilarious, she slinked to the floor, but I thought she was joking around.

Debra

11-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
It wasn't so much what she said but that she wouldn't let the others say anything. That's my take on it anyway.

link to cbs clip The Talk - Reality TV Guilty Pleasures

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah but Leah steps all over not just the other women on the show but pretty often she will interrupt a guest when they are in the middle of answering something and hijack the interview and Holly.. well I'm just not into Holly. But Sharon and Leah are the less controllable ones, for sure.

I have always been a Sharon fan so hard for me to judge her harshly and Julie and Sarah I enjoy very much.

And I have to agree about Dr Drew. He may mean well but he is on so many shows and in many cases I don't think he is helping and despite all of his very legit credentials seems like he could be treating people without cameras and perhaps helping them more. He is a very likeable and well meaning guy for the most part, though.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think he has helped people, which Julie was trying to say but Sharon wouldn't let her.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
When Sharon said that she new Dr. Drew also, and the other women sort of shut up quickly, I got the feeling that possibly Dr. Drew's camp might have approached one of her family members to be on the show in the past. She might have discussed it with the other women off the show months ago and they had completely forgotten about til Sharon said she knew him.

It felt like a "foot in mouth" situation when it happened.

Also, Sharon and her family did a reality show before so she knows a lot of what goes on with them. (creating drama, etc.)

But, I could be completely way off base.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Dedra: "I just don't think Sharon fits this format. Another awkward moment courtesy of Sharon. She make it very uncomfortable for Julie and Holly to even get their opinions out. The cussing on a live show is not amusing for the home audience. The flirting, touching certain male guests is also over the top."

Glad you mentioned it.. I will not say anything more until others have observed it. I have lost interest, stopped watching them. Holly is only one worth watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL It is good that they each have their fans! Personally, I get so I ff through much of Holly and most of the cooking segments. Does she really have to call her husband by both names.. does she think the audience can forget that he was a football star and does she really need that for her ego? Seems like she brings her own talents to the table.. she acted, she sang, she often speaks well.. and isn't that enough? The rest of them speak of their husbands/wife by first name, even though a couple of them are also famous in their own right.

I haven't had time to watch much lately. What I often like most is that they seem to be friends and that is growing.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was watching yesterday and noticed that the mothers of Sarah, Holly and Leah are in the audience everyday! They were talking about how difficult it can be living with your mother because Joan and Melissa Rivers were on. But it would be difficult to discuss with your own mother sitting there ready to make comments and disagree! Which is what happened!
It just seems kind of odd that they would encourage the mothers to come and sit in the audience everyday--or is this something their mothers insisted on?
Sharon never even talks about her mother. Does anyone know why?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
IIRC, Sharon has said that she wants and has had nothing to do with her parents for years. Maybe it was her father primarily? Maybe related to her marrying Ozzy? So she simply does not talk about them.

Here's a Wikipedia article about Sharon. Scroll towards the bottom for section about her Parents. Link

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Sharon's father was Ozzy's manager during his early career. If I recall correctly, the rift happened when Sharon elbowed her father out and took over as Ozzy's manager.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If you read the books, Sharon didn't elbow out, the father wasn't at all nice. And Sharon worked for him anyway. But the books tell the story.

But I thought Sharon's mum was gone, anyway, and her dad. She is older than the other women.

I think Leah's mother is there every day.. always. I know Sarah's mom has been there once in awhile and Holly's mom is there often.. she sure looks younger than her age, too.. cute. Julie's mom lives in NY I guess. Trying to remember if she was ever there, that they showed.

Leah's mom went along with them to one of Ozzy's concerts and I guess she was dancing at the side of the stage and came out ON the stage.. and they had funny film where she kept dancing and finally Ozzy threw water on her (he had been throwing water on fans in the front rows).. but the looks he was giving her were priceless! And Leah's mom was so funny.

I think it is kinda of nice that the moms are there.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Everything I've read indicates she did. From Wikipedia:

Estrangement from Sharon Osbourne)
In 1979, one of Arden's successes, Black Sabbath, sacked their vocalist Ozzy Osbourne. Arden's daughter Sharon began to date Osbourne, and took over his management from her father.[9] Arden was livid. Reportedly, the next time Sharon visited Don, his vicious pet dogs savaged her.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Arden

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
"LOL It is good that they each have their fans! Personally," SM

LOL! after reading the rest. IMO I now find them fake.

I was watching yesterday and noticed that the mothers of Sarah, Holly and Leah are in the audience everyday! CJ

I guess to get them (mothers) famous. strange.

Debra

11-20-2003

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
I miss Julie. I hate the way they just say day to day "Julie is off today". It looks like it is Holly's turn to be moderator this week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think us BB fans are kinda excited about Julie being off the last 6 shows. To us it means she off doing some Big Brother duties :-)

Debra

11-20-2003

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
I hope she is Naja. It just bugs that they are so evasive about it. I really want to know, LOL!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the info on Sharon and her parents. There was a lot of stuff I just didn't know!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh today with Donny Osmond at the table. When he started spouting off about tax rates, and how we should be taxed on how much we spend and not how much make, I could see his democrat fans (like me) start crying because they lost their teen idol with that thinking of his...LOL

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
He may have been pontificating on the tax structure, but they had him discussing how he packs 3 pairs of underwear and washes them with hotel shampoo in the sink!! Also had a hilarious debate on whether you like looking at naked men and their "bits". Leah doesnt even like to look at her own "stuff" as she put it.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I dont watch this very often, almost ever...but I set my vcr to record today simply because I heard they would do something about BB....I watched it awhile ago and I actually found it quite funny...they did a good job .....enjoyed it...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They can be fun together.. I don't watch as much as I did at first, just so much else to watch and on my plate outside of tv, but I do enjoy them.

And their time in the house was a hoot.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Did you see thier little BB skit they put on...It was better then what is going on right now in the house.....They did a real good job...

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
It was great! I liked it better than the first ep of the actual BB show!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
That is true ...I really liked it alot....almost had a celebrity 'wish' for the next one....lol...maybe/maybe not....

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've just read that Sharon is taking a break from the show to be with her husband, in the fall.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/07/sharon-osbourne-leaving-the-talk----for-a-while-anyway.html
I wonder if it also may be due to her remarks that she has had to apologize for or explain that she was just kidding? More than anyone, Sharon says whatever she thinks without any filter--which is good in its way--and networks hate that kind of thing.