TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 12, 2011 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I finally got to watch them, quite liked them, although they are very CW (but that's what you get for watching MTV).

The only knowledge I have about lacrosse is that it was a game girls played in a posh (English) school in an Enid Blyton series I read when I was 10 or so. I imagined it much more, well, girly. The players in this were dressed like it was an American football game!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
LOL Kitt. Lacrosse is very high impact and can be quite violent. My brother played for about 10 yrs.

I enjoyed the show too, although I will probably leave it for my teenagers down the road.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Another Family Channel show that is intriguing for SciFi folks should be The 9 Lives of Chloe King. She turns 16 and finds out she's a member of a race called the Mai, which are catlike with superstrength, agility, and balance. It's pretty interesting until they get into the sappy teen relationship crap, but I can FF thru that.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else notice the weird reddish spiral on the roof of the video store near the beginning of last night's episode of Teen Wolf? I only ask because a friend of mine didn't notice it when I asked him. I later saw that the tattoo on Derek's back was made up of three connected spirals.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that spiral is some kind of wolf (or wolf pack?) designation or something. I expect to see it show up again as a clue somewhere.....maybe in the Alpha wolf's home or as another tattoo or a scar something.

I'm actually enjoying Teen Wolf....much less whiny teen angst than I expected and the werewolf story is really moving along.

Should there be a Teen Wolf thread?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying it too. I caught the spirals on the guy's back but not the one on the roof... the way they flaunted it I did think it meant something.

I'm confused about what turns someone into a werewolf. Is the hunkier kid now going to be a werewolf because the back of his neck was scratched, or does the wound need werewolf saliva or something in it?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's a shot of it. I raised the contrast/brightness levels so the spiral would show up better in this screenshot image, but it was much more visible on the TV in HD.

video store roof-teenwolf

The triple-spiral on Derek's back:

dereks back tottoo

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Is the hunkier kid now going to be a werewolf because the back of his neck was scratched, or does the wound need werewolf saliva or something in it?"

I was wondering that, too....I was expecting that guy to start "wolfing out" by now.

Btw, that "hunkier kid" played a werewolf on The Gates last summer!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, good eyes Sanfran! I can't think of a reason anything as clear as that would be there if it wasn't a clue to something.

Yes, I remember him on The Gates! Typecast at such a young age ;). In yesterday's show it was five days (ish) before the next new moon, so he's going to have to start twitching next episodes if he has been wolfed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"In yesterday's show it was five days (ish) before the next new moon"

Duh....I heard Derek say that but I was too dense to apply it to hunkier kid's situation!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Any catch Outcasts on BBC America?
Was loving on Jaime Bamber with his natural British accent (the station also had a commercial in the middle of the first episode just about his hotness in the shows BSG, Outcast and Law & Order:UK). Then he turned into a scumbag evil character. Sigh.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's a separate thread for it Kona. He wasn't scumbag evil though, he was schizophrenic (sp?). And hot. Very very hot.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
FYI, Alphas, on Syfy, starts April 11th. It's just onto the programme guide.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Do you mean July 11? It premieres after the Warehouse 13 season opener.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lol, yeah, no idea where the "April" came from! Maybe A words were in my brain from the "Alphas". Thanks :-)

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, July 01, 2011 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
LOL! That actually makes sense. :-)

Ladyw

06-28-2007

Friday, July 01, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyw a private message Print Post    
I like Teen Wolf, kinda fun -- Love boys Lacrosse, I got into lacrosse this year because my daughter liked this boy who played on her H/S JV team. So she dragged me to a game.. Now I am hooked on the game (she not so much) and kept I going to games by myself, even though= the "potential like" never went anywhere. She just laughed when she saw me watching teen wolf and said -- It would have to have LAX. I am 2 shows behind, but will try to catch up this weekend.

I knew I saw "blondie" somewhere before (ie Gates)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 01, 2011 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone has Netflix, Star Trek:TNG, Star Trek:Voyager and the original Star Trek series are now on STREAMING!! For some reason DS9 isn't but hopefully they are working on that.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Alphas starts tonight! Syfy might be the place to be:

SYFY
8-9pm Eureka 4th season premiere
9-10pm Warehouse 13 3rd season premiere
10-11.30pm Alphas series premiere (90 minutes)

(from Syfy's press release, June 2011) Alphas follows a clandestine group of average everyday citizens with amazing abilities operating within the U.S. Department of Defense. Led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn), the team investigates cases that point to others with abilities like theirs, and as they work against the clock to solve this new brand of crime, they must prevent their own personality differences and disparate backgrounds from interfering with their missions.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I had it on but didn't watch a one darn minute. Lots of distractions this evening. Will give it a try again next week.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We watched, older two nieces were here so lots of kids running back and forth and asking questions through Eureka and Warehouse 13, we might have to watch those again. Alpha looks like it'll be fun.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Alphas was unexpected for me. Not your typical hero show. I like the abilities; they're unique. The characters should make this show great. I can see why Mr. Nigel-Murray on Bones was willing to be killed off...he's got a fantastic character on Alphas, but he has to use an American accent, which he seems to pull off quite well.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I forgot that was on. I will watch anything with David Straitharn on it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mr. Nigel-Murray! I couldn't think who he was!

I wasn't expecting it to be like that either, I expected more scifi. I think it has room to grow, it depends how much it gets like a procedural, as it almost seems like a cop show right now. I might get a bit bored of it if it doesn't mix it up somehow.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I missed it and the reason I wanted to see it was because of David Straitharn.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Strathairn plays the "Alpha-Wrangler", and he does it well in the pilot, but he himself is not an alpha. Callum Keith Rennie plays his boss as a bit of an a-hole.