TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 17, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All My Children: Archive through July 17, 2011 users admin

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
LOL Maybe they will show him in a remote location, skiing down the side of this huge mountain. :-)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I haven't really watched the show in at least 2 years, is Joe still Shown?? Do they mention Ruth at all? Is Erica the sole survivor? (Of the original 1970 cast?)

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
The original Ruth retired, this past year Joe retired from the hospital and he and Ruth moved to Florida. I hope that they bring them back for the end, or the end of ABC....I still have not given up hope that another network will pick them up.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Lee Merriweather has played Ruth for the last several years after the other one retired. They brought Ruth and Joe back for the wedding of Jake and Amanda. I think the actor who plays Joe did not want to make the move to California, when they relocated the show to LA.

I am hoping David Canary comes back for a little bit. He's one of my favorites. He's another one who did not want to make the move.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
How did they "lose" Adam and Stuart?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
They killed Stuart off. It was really sad and IMO, some of the worst writing ever on this show. Can you tell I am a die-hard, forever fan? I've watched since the first year this show started. Even when I worked away from home (I work from home now), I used to try to go home on lunch break or record it. I missed some stuff over the years, but basically, have seen most.

Back to Stuart and Adam. Killing Stuart was done as an accident when someone was trying to kill Adam. It was a really convoluted storyline. The funeral was touching, though. Here is part 1 of 3. You can see the other 2 which are listed on the same page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTMnwntaIrE

They had Adam ride off into the sunset with Brook, never to be seen again. They rarely mention him.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Smokey!!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I just read that All My Children and One Life To Live has be picked up and will be shown on a yet to be named Online TV Network and will pick up from where they left off and even Susan Lucci will be on it. Has anyone else heard this??

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I have, I wonder if the cast will stay on, though. I imagine many of them make a PRETTY penny.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The first show I remember watching was when Phil and Tara went out in the woods and married themselves right before he left to go to Vietnam. It was so beautiful. I don't know what year it was but I was pretty young at the time. I can still see it though.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
This may be way out in left field, but Jane (Erica) keeps making a point of saying it was "her" first time, regarding her and David, which I find strange as Jane had a child. Could it be that Jane was the "Father" of the child and is a transexual??? Just a thought

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Ick....And Country....Erica said Janes' feet were too big.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
So, I may be on to something. If that is true, wait till David finds out, LOL

Escapee

06-15-2004

Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
OMG just desserts!!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I am getting tired of this Jane & Erica story I wish it would get over, the story I am getting interest in is the Maressa & Binks.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
OMG, Countrydaze. Never thought of that one!I just thought maybe an adoption. This whole Erica storyline is absolutely ridiculous.

So, does everyone think David will actually restore Angie's sight and become?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I think David will restore her sight! Angie maybe come Hayward's biggest fan after that!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Oh, wow, Countrydaze! Never thought of that! I am also ready for the Erica/Jane storyline to wrap up. There isn't a whole lot of time left for this show :-( . I know the reports about it going to the internet, but there are also reports that it's partly a ploy by NBC/Disney, to make the soap fans stop campaigning for their shows.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/12/abc-soap-stars-holding-out-for-more-money-in-new-online-deal/

ABC Soap Stars Negotiating for More Money in New Online Deal

By Jo Piazza

Published July 12, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Now that "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" have been taken off their respirators by moving from television to the Internet, the shows’ stars are divided over whether to move online, or to move on.

Last week it was announced that online distribution company Prospect Park had licensed the rights to the ABC two soaps, and will keep them up and running on the Web following years of uncertainty over whether the long-running daytime dramas could sustain themselves against cheaper-to-produce daytime talk show competition.

Related Stories
ABC Soaps 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' Move Online

Related Video

Susan Lucci, Brian Kilmeade Lock Lips on 'Fox & Friends'

Soap star demonstrates perfect TV kiss

But insiders tell FOX411.com that moving the shows online will entail serious cost cutting, including the salaries of the programs’ high-priced talent, should they choose to sign on.

Several current cast members revealed they have been told their salaries will be cut, and they aren’t sure they want to go the online route for less money. Others are torn. Without the shows, they don’t have a job, and half a salary is better than none.

Most of the actors and actresses interviewed asked that their names not be used since they are currently in negotiations, while a rep for Prospect Park told FOX411.com that the rumors about salary cuts are not true, and that negotiations have not officially begun.

But media analysts agree there is no way that Prospect Park can produce an online show with the current cast and level of quality without making some cost cuts. Among the high-priced talent is Susan Lucci, who makes $1 million plus annually on "All My Children."

“I don’t think Susan Lucci should do it. She’s a television star, not an Internet star ,and the money isn’t there,” said Brad Adgate, director of research at Horizon Media Inc. “Of course she could always shoot for the Webby instead of the Emmy.”

Lucci’s camp was vague about her plans.

“I know Susan thinks it’s great news for the fans that it seems a deal is in the works so that 'AMC' can continue. I don’t have any information at this point on Susan’s upcoming plans,” her rep told FOX411.com.

“All My Children” star Michael E. Knight, who has portrayed Tad Martin on and off since 1982, seems to be leaning toward leaving. His contract with the show ends in August.

“Michael is looking forward to new roles and new projects,” Knight's rep said.

It isn’t only the actors who are facing online's slimmer salaries. Writers say they expect to see significant decreases in their salaries as well, if they are even invited back when the shows begin life online.

“I didn’t think the Internet needed writers,” one disgruntled scribe said. “I thought they had a bot for that."

Even though the two soaps were not huge money makers on television, they both charged just under $10,000 per 30 second commercial slot last year. That made each soap around $250,000 per episode. Those advertising revenues simply don’t exist online.

“Everything is going to be scaled down, from the production costs to paying the writers and everyone involved in the show,” Adgate said. “It is going to have to be completely scaled back.”

And the business model will need to be figured out. Prospect Park has so far kept mum about how they plan to finance the series online, but their options could include asking loyal viewers to pay a subscription fee, and/or upping the ante on product placements within the shows.

If they do figure out how to keep the soaps running and profitable, the upside could be a brave new world for cancelled TV series.

“It all depends on how good the quality of the online show is and how loyal the fan base remains in the new medium," Adgate said. "If this is successful, you may see a movement of cancelled shows online.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/12/abc-soap-stars-holding-out-for-more-money-in-new-online-deal/#ixzz1RwkMNqyl

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
hmmmm, doesn't sound too promising, so I am sad again.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Who has time to watch on the internet at least you can DVR on tv an can fast forward through the ads, I agree with you Coutrydaze, I heard Rex is going to GH, as Dillon, and maybe Gigi. I can't see those shows on the internet anyhow.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I already watch the shows on the internet. I don't have time to watch them on the tv. Hulu has made it much easier to catch and not pay the high price of cable or sat.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
My kids watch everything online and hardly ever turn on a tv set! They watch their shows when they want to so they have no use for a tv station schedule, so maybe younger fans of AMC will be watching online.
I don't see many actors on the show going over to the new format--money being a huge factor! But who knows, we may in on an entire new way of doing things and this show will start it off!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Cable Jockey I am 52 years old and have been using the internet for almost a decade now for my soaps. Even before we got rid of the sat. I had shown my husband how we don't need the sat. or cable it's all on-line. If not then there is Netflix. It is not right how much they charge for watching tv. I'll continue to watch my soaps!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I watch the soaps online every day.