TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 14, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 14, 2011 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
In the real world the actress who plays Sunita had to leave twitter because she was getting hate-messages from people!!
http://www.how-do.co.uk/north-west-media-news/north-west-broadcasting/coronation-street%92s-shobna-gulati-quits-twitter-after-racist-tweets-2011060611160/

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
What a shame.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
we know Lewis is at the airport on his way to Barbados and will have a young lady in the seat next to him while Audrey cries and cries and cries. glad she is not leaving.

Natasha, will she or wouldn't she?

Missy890

05-24-2011

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
I am so excited.
This is from TV Guide.ca posted today.

Corrie Street’ catchup; CBC unveils double dose of ‘Coronation Street’ this fall;TV Guide.ca
June 9 2011 by Amber Dowling

Canadian Coronation Street fans have long griped about how frustrating it is that their favourite Brit soap airs so far behind here in Canada, but it seems as though CBC has taken their woes to heart.

In an announcement made yesterday at the 2011-12 CBC fall preview, the broadcaster promised a new schedule featuring a double does of Corrie Street beginning this fall, which will eventually catch us up with the U.K.

This move marks the first time since 1960 that Canadians will be able to watch the series at the same time as the Brits.

As per the new fall schedule, Coronation Street will now air at 6:30 p.m. ET and 7 p.m. ET, bumping Wheel of Fortune from its 7 p.m. ET ABC simulcast position. It will now air at 4:30 p.m. ET across the board, while Jeopardy! remains intact at 7:30 p.m. ET on the public broadcaster.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
YAY! Thanks for the good news, Missy.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Geez does that mean 5 hours on Sunday? or no omnibus? Not that I am complaining, I PVR anyways so I can spread 5 hours out. I am glad Jeopardy is back. For some reason the US station oin HD looks like crap.

I can't wait to watch last weeks (Sunday) for the Audrey/Lewis wrap up and fall out....

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper YaY... omnibus 5 hrs.

thanks Missy!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Best best best line this week.

When Julie says the Fiz is pregnant, then says she is having a baby. David responded with "That's what that means." I laughed so much I watched it again on Sunday and laughed all over agin.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ooh that Natalie is just getting in deeper. I'm not sure if Fiz has twigged to the fact that she is making it up or not. She seems like she might be on to her but shes not the sharpest knife in the drawer. And that whole thing with John is just never mentionned again, huh? I'm not fond of Natalie (or of Nick for that matter).

I'm looking forward to Hayley and Roy's wedding.

Kylie seems like she might be worse than Becky, but Max might be the answer to Becky's prayers. Wil Ciaran and Michelle be back?

I hope Eileen gets the house and becomes an item with Owen. I don't really want to see LIz with him. Is Bill gone now after selling up to Owen? You don't see him and Pam very much lately. The story with Adi is a little far fetched no? Claire did get pretty aggressive though and she should have fessed up right away about Sophie being there when she ran to the hospital. I think Sian and Sophie's secret will be out of the bag shortly. I think Simon will come forward and tell Leanne or Peter what happened. He'll feel bad, he's such a good little character. And really it was only kids playing.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Sally was just so smug and viralent to Claire on the train! She just wouldnt stop! Not nice Sally.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the wedding episode. Hayley and the others coming down the tracks on that contraption was hilarious and everyone was so happy at the reception.

Sally has a really mean streak and she's always lashing out at people. Well, she learned today that she made a right fool of herself.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper Natalie is crazy, guess she is trying to get pregnant asap to try and catch up... if she should become pregnant who would she explain the weeks diff.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Natalie? You are discussing natasha right or am I missing something?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes I meant Natasha (but Natalie was a piece of work too!)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, July 01, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
How did Becky's younger badder sister suddenly pop into the story? I missed 2 shows and there she is! And with a child that Becky must yearn for herself! I'm feeling so bad for Sunita and Dev having their kids taken away. And doesnt it figure that Molly goes into labour when Tyrone is out of town!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, July 01, 2011 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
The sister gave Becky a bad review so they did not get to adopt. She stole her address from the social worker. When Becky found her they sort of made up. She made Becky feel guilty about abandoning her.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, July 01, 2011 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Poor Becky! This so-called sister is only going to bring trouble--but isnt that what families who show up on this street always do???

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper, Pippin04: tell me where have I seen Lawrence, Ken's other, other, other son. I have seen him!!!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Hubby says law and order. He is Linus Roache and played Michael Cutter from 2008 to 2010.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yup it is Law and Order, that is Ken's real son and I beleive grandson.

I kept thinking hmm, where is Adam (grandson) and wasn't there another son besides Daniel. Then I got thinking where is Mark? But then he was Mike Baldwin's kid wasn't he? They should bring him back to shake up Peter and Leanne, weren't they an item?

The whole storyline with Adi was just dumb, dumb dumb. And then for Ashley and Dev to freak out at Peter was silly. Simon was a scared little kid, you would think they could grasp that. Writers must have been grasping at straws, along with the horrible Kylie story. And I would much rather see Gary with the other girl who's name is escaping me at this moment.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks P&J.
I agree Jasper, everyone is thinking of himself only focusing on their individual hurt. Don't know why there is a Kylie story, stole 2 items so far, the bike and a bottle of booze look like she had Gary sleep in her room with the booze.... guess she will be doing something to Roy soon. All the story lines seem dumb, from Natasha with the baby to the wedding planner, even Sophie running away.

Ken's real son and grandson, I like that very much.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I agree that there are some rather dumb stories right now. Another one is Molly and the baby. Poor Ty.

I didn't know that was Ken's real son and grandson. That's cool.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I cant stand the Kylie story! I can see something like on our own soaps.There are just too many crazy wild out of control people running thru the Street these days! What was up with that brawl Kirk and Gary were involved in? Now it seems to have gone away.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Kylie has zero redeeming qualities at this point. I think Steve is stuck between a rock and a hard place and Kylie knows it. Liz and Steve both have her number. Roy is stuck too, but I think he generally finds the backbone to follow thru when getting rid of someone.

Natasha has really gone off the deep end. She needs to come clean and fast. I see her lying again and faking a miscarriage. Either way Nick is gonna walk. Looks like he will be taking over the nightclub, I can see him luring Leanne in to be his manager. More things for Peter to whinge about. what has happened to him? He needs to find a second girlfriend or something. there is someone I'd like to see back. Shelley with Charlie's kid, that would be a pot stirrer especially when
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
the joker gets out of the clink

The fight that Gary had, I don't get that either. Seemed pointless other than to break poor Kirkie's heart again to know Izzie would rather be with Gary.

Poor Trev, did Carla really think that was going to work out?

I have so many questions when these darn storylines evaporate. Did Eileen buy her house? Where is Jason? Where is Maria? Why is Gary back? Where is Eddie? I do love Anna, and what is happening with their attempt to foster? I really wish they would let Hayley and Roy foster. Speaking of fostering what ever happened to Jenny and Sharon Rita's foster daughters?

I would love to see Karen come back, maybe she could get hired on by Nick at his new club.

QUESTION:

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE BACK AND WHY?

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I want Karen back.

I think Audrey, David and Gail were a little too hard on Natasha. They are not saints.