TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Falling Skies on TNT: Archive through July 02, 2011 users admin

Oldtex

03-06-2006

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oldtex a private message Print Post    
To be fair, I suppose I should have waited until I see the final hour before making a comment. Especially such a nevative response! I am more than willing to give it some more time, when has a "pilot" really captured our interest? I almost always feel that the first epi or pilots are mainly to give the viewers a chance to "know" the characters. Find out which ones we like or dislike and which are truly good peoples or are questionable. Perhaps I was just too judgmental with the first hour.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I think some of us viewers have "post-disaster" fatigue. The format is getting a little stale since Jericho a few years back.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
We gave up after 15 minutes.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I agree the situation has been played out in a lot of shows and movies over the last few years. But I think for a long running show how good it is depends on what they do with the characters, and I thought this had a lot of potential in that regard.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched it and thought it was fine. The only part I found annoying was the stale bad guy survivors trying to steal food and such from the 'good' survivors. I'll admit the twist they gave to that took me completely by surprise.

Admittedly I was doing other things while watching, but it did hold my interest.

Loyolamom

05-10-2005

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loyolamom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I watched and thought it was okay. Our biggest complaint was that there were four katrillion commercials! Ugh. I think it's hard to get into a flow with a show when there is a commercial every 7 minutes! Hopefully the next episode will be better.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's why we DVR everything and skip commercials. Still a little jarring to have the action interrupted, but less so when you can FF.

I kind of enjoyed it. Haven't watched the second hour yet.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I liked it. Noah Wyle didn't annoy me like I thought and it was a nice surprise to see Will Patton who is a favorite actor of mine.

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
I was bored through the first hour but enjoyed the second hour a lot. I think the bad guy they captured sort of had a Sawyer vibe (not in looks) but in cockiness and I think he will be fun to watch.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
It was okay. Felt a little like we'd missed some episodes, but I understand that we will be seeing more of the invasion in flashbacks.
Liked the main characters okay, but hated the cliched bad guys.
The harness thing for captured kids is pretty gross.

I wish they would have been a bit more creative with the aliens. Do they have to look the same in every movie or tv show?

Some of it was a bit implausible. Walking around in broad daylight, making camp in the valley, etc. If we have the heat-seeking technology to locate humans, you know an advanced race would have it.

Hoping that we will soon see more of the invasion and beginning of the story.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
LaLaLa...I'm not reading this stuff! I just came in here to complain that my DVR did not record it last night! Soooo mad!

Now I'm off to look for it online or something.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Zgoodgirl, it's on again tonight! And look on TBS for later repeats.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
On what channel Kitt? I see it coming on tomorrow night back on TNT so I set my DVR for that.

I see the TBS also. They also have it playing on TruTV too, that's odd.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm always amazed at how these alien creatures with no manual dexterity can manage to make these fabulous modes of transportation to explore the galexy. Don't writers ever take that into consideration?

Bicbicz911

08-19-2005

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
The last time a pilot grabbed me and sucked me in for the duration was LOST. Lightning doesn't strike that often. I have this DVR'd but not encouraged by the reactions here!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When they brought up the question of why the skitters didn't make their robots look like themselves, my first thought was that there were human children inside "driving" the "mechs".

Of course, then they showed a preview of the upcoming season with Noah Wylie caught up in a gun battle and saying they "would not shoot children" and then we see a glimpse of what appeared to be those harnessed children (that we saw Ben with earlier) shooting at the resistance.....so maybe the children aren't inside or controlling the mechs after all, but I still have the feeling that the harness does more than simply make kids into slaves and I think it's related to the reason they made the mechs bipedal rather than "skitterpedal".

Overall I really liked it...it sort of reminded me of The Walking Dead (only with aliens instead of zombies) but when humans die, they don't turn into skitters.....at least, so far. The story is more about the characters than the monsters which is always a good sign.....so I'm good with what I've seen so far.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 2:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
We really like this show and Noah Wyle looks much better with a beard. Will Patton has played lots of bad guys but as Weaver he's got heart & justice under a gruff exterior...
The crab like aliens, they look like very bad monsters in the RPG computer game we play!!! That is so funny...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The word I got is that some things are not what they seem.

Kep421

08-11-2001

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
Both hubby and I really like this show. We've seen so many shows about invasions, its kind of nice to get past the actual invasion part and go straight into the resistance story.

The tension between Noah and his superior is a good story line...and I'm curious about the kid who is more soldier than child...the one who ran after his dog at the armory...This being a Spielberg production I'm sure there's a good story attached to that character.

LOVED the bad guy...and Molly (is that her name?)

"Is Billy going to live?"
"wha...? OH...yeah...he's...."
BANG!!
Best line of the show...

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
but I still have the feeling that the harness does more than simply make kids into slaves

From the previews, it looks like the harness can be used as a means of communication.
That thing was pretty intricately attached. The doctor acted as though he'd done this before and successfully. Since we know this boy is going to still be under alien control, does that mean all the other children who they think they've removed them from are also still under their control? Wonder if the spikes just remain in the spinal cord?

I was confused about the relationship between Tom, his wife Rebecca and the new doctor.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The doctor was with Tom's wife on some kind of scavenging run when they were attacked by skitters. It sounded like the doctor just ran off and made no effort to help Tom's wife, who ended up being killed. What I wasn't sure about was why Tom's wife was out with the doctor, whether it was a random pairing or whether we were meant to infer some sort of relationship between the two.

At the end of the show the captured skitter opened its eyes, and the recovering harness-boy opened his eyes, so they're definitely still attached in some sort of way. I don't think there are other harness-released children, I think the doctor just realised what he'd done wrong from the previous tries (maybe from the autopsies) and therefore knew they died from the shock of the drugs leaving their system too quickly.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
The way Tom was acting towards the doctor made me kind of wonder if Rebecca was Tom's ex-wife and she had been married to the doctor. But I thought he'd called her his wife in the first episode, so wasn't sure if I'd missed something.

I'm glad they will be able to communicate with the skitter. Not that it will probably tell them anything, but maybe they (and us) can get some kind of insight as to what exactly the aliens are doing here and what they want. I'm really anxious for some flashbacks.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I got the possible lover vibe out of the conversation too, but I don't think they clarified, if that was the case. And I'm pretty sure Tom and wife weren't actually divorced, but of course that doesn't mean she wasn't seeing someone else.

I kind of thought they must have been in some sort of relationship (wife and doc) for Tom to be so mad the doc left her. If they were just in a group of scouts looking for food then why would the doc be responsible for her?

Kep421

08-11-2001

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode seemed to be about leaving people behind in war situations. (among other things)...The Doc leaving Tom's wife seemed to parallel with Tom's group having to leave his son and Kari(?) behind.

The Doc said something about Tom being the one who was originally supposed to be going with the search group but for some reason, (I didn't quite catch) that apparently was Tom's choice, Rebecca was sent with the group instead of Tom.

At first DH and I thought the doc and Rebecca were either former co workers (not sure why we thought that)or family friends... but I think that Tom and Rebecca just were friends with the Doc...

I don't think Tom felt the doc should have been responsible FOR Rebecca so much as he shouldn't have left her behind. The doc did say that he would be more valuable to the resistance than Rebecca would have been, so he couldn't risk his own life for someone who wasn't needed as much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes it was that last point that earned Tom the attack.

I liked the second ep better.