TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All My Children: Archive through June 10, 2011 users admin

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
They are going to have one show to lose weight and a cooking show to put it all back on, lol

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it. I called and e-mailed and sounds like a bunch of other people did too. Well, I won't be watching the replacement. And if I want to watch cooking, I will watch the food channel.I am really bumbed

Mush

09-09-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
They must be going for lower costs instead of higher ratings.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Got this from Twitter

Send soap to Brian! Brian Frons; President - ABC Daytime Programming; 2300 Riverside Drive Burbank, CA 91506

@teenystweeting Please repost Call EVERYDAY keep the soaps alive ABC Comment Line 818-460-7477 ext:255 for AMC ext 663 for OLTL

Mr. Frons will be getting a bar of soap from me!

Connies

03-11-2010

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
It saddens me that they are doing away with what has become an institution. When Guiding Light and As The World Turns were taken that broke my heart. I agree with everyone, we do not need any more talk shows, cooking shows, reality TV, ect. Leave these things alone. It scares me because you know the other's won't be around much longer either.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Catherine Hickland pointed out that every show Frons touches gets the axe and that he is a show serial killer!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I have been calling everyday, don't know if it will help but I am trying. Also, this might be off the wall, but I sent Oprah an e-mail and asked if it would be possible for her to pick up the show on her new OWN network. Maybe if a lot of people e-mail her it will be something for her to think about.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think this article will explain why the soaps will never get picked up by any cable network .... to expensive

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/15/will-a-cable-net-rescue-the-canceled-abc-soaps-sound-crickets/?hpt=T2

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I found this interesting item on another forum.Its about Brian Frons and how he is the most hated man on tv!
It brings up some good points too. http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Features/Articles/110420_most_hated_man_NB.htm

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I hope the rumor is true that Susan Lucci will be going on Desperate Housewives.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
There is going to be a protest march this afternoon in New York over the cancellations of All My Children and OLTL. http://www.examiner.com/soap-opera-in-national/fans-hosting-abc-protest-today-nyc-good-company

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
A protest march of 30 showed up.

This storyline with Erica is absolutely absurd imo.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
They are bringing Zack back since the show is ending

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Protest March: That's kind of sad.

I agree about the Erica storyline. I dislike it very much!

Yay about Zack! One of the better characters, despite not being a veteran.

They are also bring Dixie back. Well, I guess they showed that yesterday. She's come back from the dead twice now.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The protest fizzled by the sounds of it!I wish I could have been there...I am really going to miss this show.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Just heard today that Josh Dumal is coming back for the ending. I am sick over this show ending as I have watched it from the very first day it was on. I know sometimes I don't like the stories, but I have never given up on it. It will be a sad, sad day for me, but I will have an extra hour in my day because I refuse to watch whatever they put on to replace it.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I also will not be watching AMC's replacement or much of anything on this network.
Even the enticement of seeing Leo again is not enough to make me feel better about the ending of this epic soap.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
A friend told me that she saw Susan Luci on a talk show just last week and that Susan said that with all the people calling and writing in that it is just possible that the cancelation is not a done deal. I never heard this nor have I seen anything about this. Has anyone else?

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
What a great way to raise ratings! Lets hope it's true!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Everything I've read says it's a done deal as far as ABC is concerned. They already have 2 shows lined up to take the place of AMC and OLTL. I saw a video of the interview your friend is talking about, it was from "The Talk". I took it to mean there's still a possibility of someone else, another network, picking them up.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Thanks Smokey, it would be great if another network would pick them up. That must have been the show that she was watching.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I think this is the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvF0l4gKZ64

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Thanks Smokey, I missed that one.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I just saw this article:

Josh Duhamel Josh Duhamel to return to All My Children
Posted Monday, June 06, 2011 7:22:25 PM
by Dan J Kroll

The homecoming continues as All My Children inches toward its final broadcast on ABC. Daytime Emmy winner Josh Duhamel will reprise the role of Leo duPres before the soap goes off the air in September.

Daytime Emmy winner Josh Duhamel (Leo duPres) will return to All My Children before the series airs its final episode on ABC in September.

"Everyone at All My Children is thrilled and excited to welcome Josh back to Pine Valley. The appearance of Leo is sure to be one of the highlights of the season," Julie Hanan Carruthers, AMC's executive producer, said.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Duhamel will pop up in "an August episode (or two?)," but it's unclear if his daytime alter ego is alive or dead.

Introduced as a con artist in 1999, in 2003, Leo and his druglord mother, Vanessa Bennett, tumbled over a waterfall and were presumed dead. Their bodies were never found. Duhamel's Leo last appeared in a fantasy sequence in November 2002.

Since leaving daytime, Duhamel has gone on to find fame and fortune in feature films. He has appeared in the Transformers series, the latest of which hits theaters later this month, and, most recently, in the romantic comedy Life as We Know It. In 2009, he married Black Eyed Peas singer Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson.

Wildly popular during his three-year run with All My Children, Duhamel picked up a 2002 Outstanding Supporting Actor trophy at the Daytime Emmys. He was also nominated in the category in 2000 and 2001.

Duhamel's return is slated for August

http://soapcentral.com/amc/news/2011/0606-duhamel.php

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Wonder if Bobby Martin will show up with his skis in the finale.