TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 06, 2011 users admin

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Yep, SanFran, that is the show. A neat little anthology.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Battlestar Galactica is being aired on BBCAmerica, should anyone wish to catch up or see it again. All 80 episodes, from the miniseries onwards, start June 18th.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't had a chance to look at this, and am not entirely sure that's it's actually scifi, but before I lose/forget the link, here's discussion of and a link to Brent Spiner's (Data from ST) new webseries "Fresh Hell."

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2011/04/fresh-hell-new-spiner-web-series/

And Doctor Who fans.... don't forget today's the day!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
sounds like a pee wee herman type spoof.

come to think of it, Brent kinda looks like Pee wee

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 2:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
not sure if anyone else has seen it, but the remake of CONAN is starring Jason momoa (sp) who played Ronan stargate atlantis series.

he has the body for the part, not sure about the acting skills but heck, its Conan

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Loved him as Ronan with all clothes on.

Thanks for the pic. Off to bed now.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I saw a trailer at the cinema for Falling Skies, the one with Noah Wylie heading a resistance against alien invaders. It looked good, and Noah Wylie still looks 20. It starts on TNT on June 19th.

Also it's never too early te re-remind people that Torchwood Miracle Day premieres on July 8th.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
By the way, Scifi Fans, 17th Precinct wasn't picked up by NBC for the fall, so it looks like it's dead and gone.

This is from tvline.com

Question: Now that NBC has decided not to pick up Ron Moore’s 17th Precinct, any chance another network will? —Cait
Ausiello: No. Bummer considering the fraktacular pedigree and cast. But an insider described the pilot as “confusing, overly-complex and the opposite of viewer-friendly,” adding, “It would make a good book or a big movie, but not a weekly TV series.”

I think Ron Moore's lost his mojo.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
New show on BBC America starting in a few weeks called "Outcasts". Looks interesting. Looks like it has already aired in the U.K., which makes sense. Anyone who has seen this got an opinion? I'm going to watch it because I think the Brits do SciFi right more times than not, and this looks like a more ambitious version of the old American show Earth 2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x8fw4

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first few episodes, but dh got bored and refused to watch any more with me, so I'm waiting for the BBCA episodes to catch the rest.

It is a lot like Earth 2, but it's a bit slow, at least the first few episodes were. And something happens early on that I can't explain without spoiling, but it's to the show's detriment. I'm hoping the later episodes are better than the first few.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I don't mind slow starts as long as the story progresses well.

Elizabeth116

11-26-2006

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Elizabeth116 a private message Print Post    
I loved Earth 2...perhaps I should check it out.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, fingers crossed it gets better!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Outcasts never really goes anywhere until a little tiny bit in the final few minutes of the last episode (total of 8 episodes)....and it has already been canceled so there will be no season 2. It was so slow I doubt if I would've watched season 2 anyhow because season 1 was such a disappointment.

(I watched all 8 episodes with a friend that got them online somewhere...I don't know where he found them but I assumed it was file sharing of some kind and not exactly legal.)

Elizabeth116

11-26-2006

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Elizabeth116 a private message Print Post    
That's disappointing. I'll just watch the old Earth 2 episodes, or wait for Terra Nova.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lol, then maybe I won't catch the rest on BBCA!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Have to share, I was in the hospital for something yesterday, and there was a robot roaming the corridors! It was just like this one:
robot

I had to stop and stare, not to mention pin myself to the wall so it didn't touch me! Apparently it takes samples from room to room. There weren't tracks in the flooring, so I don't know how it knows where it's going. The sign on it says to not share the elevator with it, clearly it can't be trusted in confined spaces ;). It didn't speak to me but allegedly it does ask you to move out of its way if you block the corridor.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
That's kinda cool, but also kinda creepy! Looks like the next generation of a Dalek to me! I guess as long as it doesn't go down the hall chanting, "Exterminate...Exterminate..." it's ok!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Maybe that's what it does in the elevator, and that's why you can't ride in it with it ;).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just to post something more on topic, here are some scifi shows and start dates for this summer:

Teen Wolf (MTV, June 5, 12 eps)
Outcasts (BBCA, June 18, 8 eps)
Falling Skies (TNT, June 19, 10 eps)
Torchwood: Miracle Day (Starz, July 8, 10 eps)
Alphas (Syfy, July 11, 12 eps)
Terra Nova (Fox, fall, 13 eps)
BSG: Blood and Chrome (syfy, two hour pilot TBA)

And returning:

True Blood (HBO, June 26, 12 eps)
Eureka (Syfy, July 11, second 10 eps of the split season)
Warehouse 13 (Syfy, July 11, 12 eps)
Haven (Syfy, July 15, 13 eps)
Walking Dead (AMC, fall, 13 eps)

I'm put off by Teen Wolf being on MTV, but as there's nothing much else on I might try it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, when it comes to Teen Wolf, please note that episode 1 aired tonight (Sunday June 5) and episode 2 airs tomorrow (Monday June 6)!

Also, if you missed episode 1 on Sunday, it will re-air immediately before episode 2 airs on on Monday.

(Oh yeah...I assume they will both will repeat a bunch more times this week.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did you watch it? Was it any good? Mine's on the tivo but we didn't get around to it.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I had Teen Wolf set up to record. Not sure why it didn't. Will try again tonight.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Did you watch it? Was it any good?"

I haven't watched it yet. I was really looking forward to it and then I saw a promo that showed the wolf boy and a pretty girl making goo goo eyes at each other - it looked like yet another one of those typical high school romance shows on the CW. I rolled my eyes and lost enthusiasm.

BUT, later in the day I saw a different promo with lots of action and growling and screams and scary supernatural stuff....so I think it might be okay after all.

I'll probably wait and watch episodes 1 and 2 back to back this evening.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I watched them tonight. I'm in for the foreseeable future. It wasn't one of those slow starting series, it dove right it.

Funny thing, the dude on the LaCrosse team that is trying to figure out Scott's secret (he thinks he's on some kind of steroid, initially) is the same guy who was one of the prominent werewolves on last summer's "The Gates".

I think there will be some secrets revealed about some secondary characters as the show progresses. Also, it was good to see JR Bourne again...loved him on SG-1.

I know nothing about LaCrosse, so I'm glad it's the prominent sport in this show.