TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Falling Skies on TNT: Archive through June 19, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So I don't know much of anything but I see Steven Spielberg and Noah Wyle and I want to check it out!!

http://www.fallingskies.com

TNT 9pm / 8pm central

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Oh, I am going to be all over this like a spider monkey!

At least it's on TNT and not ABC, like they cancel so many good shows....like INVASION!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My favorite TV critic just gave it a great review:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/falling-skies-tv-review-196959

Already set up the DVR. Yay!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'm eagerly awaiting this one too. I've even set it up to record in HD. Since HD takes up so much recording space, I usually record in regular TV, saving HD for live viewing, or recording special shows like Survivor, TAR or the occasional nature shows. But this one looks like it will be great in HD.

TNT is becoming one of the better networks, with shows like The Closer, Leverage, Hawthorne, Men of a Certain Age, Rizzoli and Isles, and now Falling Skies. Keep up the good work TNT!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We must have a huge DVR, cause I always record EVERYTHING in HD, if available. I have a lot of stuff on my DVR and I still have 98% free!

We seriously watch nothing live. I'll set it up to record and we'll start watching 15-30 minutes in (depending on the length of the show). Hubby HATES commercials.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do exactly the same. And if I catch up to real time, I'm looking at the DVR to start another show. Don't like to sit through commercials and I have various people I need to ff past, like Brooke Burke and Robin Antin and others.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Amen to the never watching anything live! Someone has to tell me when a good movie is coming, or if a commercial is funny. Because I never know anymore!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I will say we always stop for the ETrade Baby commercials. Hubby even follows him on Twitter! Too cute!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will stop if I see a promo for a new show, so I can note when it starts. That's how I found this show.

I hate commercials that use people from the show I'm watching, to fake you out into thinking the show is back on. Like using one of the captains from Deadliest Catch to shill for something, during a taping of Deadliest Catch.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, it is irritating, but it also reminds me of the old 50's shows where they did that. Though I'm sure it was probably irritating then, too.

I can't wait for Falling Skies to start.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Went to see Super 8 this morning in the theater and they ran a promo of this show before the movie. Looks really good!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
This month TCM is showing old sci-fi movies for its drive-in double features and Robert Osborne actually made a pitch for this series before Godzilla aired. No doubt because TCM and TNT are both Turner networks. I've probably watched TNT only a handful of times ever but will check this show out 'cause I liked Noah Wyle too and it is Spielberg. I just hope it's not super bleak.

I saw the promo before Super 8 too. There was one for another Spielberg show too - Terra Nova or something like that. I think it had the guy from the American version of Life on Mars.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Terra Nova looks good, too! I'm looking forward to that one.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I keep thinking of Patrick Swayze in Red Dawn when I see this except it's aliens in place of Russians.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://www.avclub.com/articles/noah-wyle,57554/

Interview with Noah Wyle about the show. Spoilerish in general terms because it's about a show we haven't seen yet!

I liked this bit:

The A.V. Club: The first shocking thing about the show wasn’t the alien invasion, and it wasn’t the plot, it was the fact that you’re playing the father of a what, 17-year-old kid?

Noah Wyle: God bless you. [Laughing.] God bless you for being the first person to mention it in the 300 interviews I’ve done in the last two days. [Laughs.] It was a little daunting to show up at the casting sessions for the part of Hal and see these young bucks walk in, and realize I was about to be one of their fathers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's tonight!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My DVR is SET!!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Mine too!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love the premise of the series but honestly have never enjoyed Noah Wylie. I'm hoping he'll finally change my mind. I'll be tuned in at least for tonight!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I'll be tuning in :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Right now, a few people in my house are pissed off at me for forcing them to sit all the way through 2 hours of this. We couldn't decide what bothered us most - the acting, the script or the lie that there would be fewer commercial interruptions. I cannot believe Dreamworks and Spielberg had anything to do with this.

Thank God Glades is on tonight!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I had the channel on but muted and doing other stuff. So far from what I saw, it could be a lot better. Not really a Noah W. fan either. He always seems cocky while looking nerdy, an annoying combination.

Oldtex

03-06-2006

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oldtex a private message Print Post    
Watched the first hour, got bored and DH fell asleep. LOL Recorded the 2nd hour, but don't know if I will ever watch it. Kappy, the people in your house forced to watch 2 hours, well I'd be PO'd too. Feel like I've seen all of this before.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Oldtex. I just kept thinking it had to get better if Dreamworks was involved. I'll never make that mistake again!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow I'm shocked at your reactions, I really enjoyed it! Maybe I was hypnotised by seeing Noah Wyle again, but I thought it had a good story, mostly good acting and I definitely want to see more.