TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 31, 2011 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Now James Callis has signed on to 17th Precinct!

Moore’s NBC pilot 17th Precinct is looking more like the 13th Colony with each passing day.

James Callis has signed on to reunite with former Battlestar Galactica‘s co-star Jamie Bamber in Precinct, a supernatural-tinged cop drama produced by BSG boss Moore.

Callis’ character is a homicide detective, while Bamber is playing a crime scene expert. The cast also includes Stockard Channing and Jack & Bobby‘s Matt Long.

Can't seem to get tvline.com links to work, but the above (and below) were from there.

james and jamie

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And now Tricia Helfer is signed up for it! Oh this better have a plot worthy of these actors...!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 11, 2011 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Breaking: Fox Delays Terra Nova Until Fall

Fox has pushed back its big-budget prehistoric adventure-drama Terra Nova until fall.

Originally slated to debut via a special two-night sneak peek in May, the Steven Spielberg-produced series will now premiere in the fall. The show’s ambitious visual effects are being blamed for the delay.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/breaking-fox-delays-terra-nova-until-fall/

I think it's a good thing... remember when Caprica debuted as a short double(?) episode premiere in May then started properly in the autumn? The news that it was bad in the premiere made people not even bother later on. Better to have it great and give people a chance to watch a few episodes before they make a decision.

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Kitt - I think you're right. I think they will have a much better chance if they wait till fall and then show the whole series.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Well, I was looking forward to it this spring...I suppose in the long run it might be good for the show, though.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Tried to insert a photo, but it's too big, so I'll just post the link to a picture of the new Wonder Woman in the outfit she'll be sporting.

http://www.younghollywood.com/scene/first-look-adrianne-palicki-as-wonder-woman.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+younghollywoodRSS+(YOUNG+HOLLYWOOD)&utm_content=Twitter

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here ya go:

wonderwoman

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Thanks, SanFran. That's the one. The main difference is the pants vs. the star speckled tight shorts Lynda Carter wore.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I like that they kept the colors--instead of going all gloomy-dark like they did with Batman. But it looks a little Halloween costumey. Wish the arm bracers were a bit more detailed. The lasso also looks cheap-o. Hope they work on this and it's just a prototype.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
those fake cantalopes look ridiculous

She is no lynda carter :-(

this outfit looks cheap, like a bachelor party hooker/ stripper

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Ah, well, everyone's welcome to their opinion...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
A new show from SyFy called Alphas is on the way in July. Here is the write up from Blastr:

Alphas -- Premiering in July -- Alphas follows a team of ordinary citizens whose brain anomalies imbue them with extraordinary mental and physical abilities. Taking the law into their own hands, the unlikely team, led by Dr. Leigh Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Oscar nominee David Strathairn) investigates cases that suggest other Alpha activity to uncover what the CIA, FBI and Pentagon have not been able, or willing, to solve. These gifted individuals must balance their quirky personalities and disparate backgrounds with their not always visible powers as they work to solve crimes, stop the ticking time bomb and catch the enemy.

Alphas also stars Malik Yoba, Warren Christie, Laura Mennell, Ryan Cartwright and Azita Ghanizada, and is a production of Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television. Executive Producers are Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein for BermanBraun, Zak Penn and Ira Steven Behr.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
so yet another xmen type show.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
She's going to end up with aching shoulders if she can't ever raise her hands above her head. Then again, maybe they've crazy-glued those things in. LOL I think they did a good job keeping the outfit instantly recognizable although I would have preferred the bazumba's be a bit more covered. :-)Not sure how they could ever update this story so it isn't just campy. She has no super powers just toys (invisible plane, truth lasso, bullet proof bracelets, etc). I am looking forward to it, just not holding out a lot of hope that it will last.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
As that's a promo pic the bazumbas might actually be a bit more covered in the suit she wears for the show, otherwise she's not going to be able to move without revealing something. I also have a feeling the show's not going to last.

I've quite liked most Syfy originals I've seen, so I'll give Alphas a chance.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, March 25, 2011 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Since it's got magic in it, I guess the new series, "Camelot", could qualify as SciFi. The premiere is a week from today on 4/1/2011 on STARZ. Here's a link to figure out if it's worth your time:

http://www.starz.com/originals/Camelot

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
DD and I were watching Merlin last night and dd points out that the guest star is Harry Melling. He is the guy that played Dudley Dursley in the Harry Potter movies. Talk about slimming down! You would probably describe him as on the thin side of normal now.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
New superhero-type show coming to ABC Family channel...based on a book series, of course:

http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/nine-lives-chloe-king?cid=afm_psg_comsearch_Summer&kmed=ppc

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch the new show after Ghost Hunters? I think it was called Fact or Fiction. I really like it.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Mapl, if that's the show I think you mean, then it's not new. It's 10-12 years old. But I seem to always stop down when my channel surfing finds it, usually on SyFy or Chiller.

If it's not the show I think you mean, then nevermind, I guess..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There's a show called "Fact or Faked" on SYFY that started last year and is now in season 2:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1690621/combined

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Sanfran is correct. Wow I'm behind! I thought it was new!!!! Now I just need to figure out what show Lycan is talking about so I can watch it too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope, were you referring to this show?

"Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction" (1997)
TV series 1997-2002

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138956/combined

Jonathon Frakes (Commander Riker on Star Trek-The Next Generation) was the host. He would present several vignettes and at the end of the episode, he would reveal which ones were fact and which ones were fiction.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was talking about "Fact or Faked" awhile back in the Ghost Hunters thread. There was this one episode last year where they got it so wrong that I was embarrassed for them.