TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 20, 2011 users admin

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
finally watched it last night, I so did not want it to end!! especially the way it did!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying the books, if anybody here is a reader. Nearing the end of the 2nd book and can't wait to get the 3rd. I won't mind if the series isn't 100% true to the books, cause in the books they kill off some characters that make me really sad (that's not really a spoiler, is it?). I don't want them to kill anybody in this series!

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I can't decide if I want to watch the series, in the books it's best not to get attached to anybody. I've read all the books, and they have a good story, but are a bit stressful since you never know when somebody (or several somebodies) you like is going to bite it.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Loved the show last night, goes by way too fast!

I started reading the first few pages of the first book, so we bought a kindle and this is the first book we are going to get.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So sad to see what happened to Lady, even though I read it in the book. Prince Joffrey really does look like Nellie Olson!!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 02, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We saved the first two episodes and did a 3 show marathon last night.
Never read the books. Konashark does not want to be spoilered (I read some stuff in Entertainment Weekly & TV Guide Magazine). Still having a bit of trouble keeping the "history" straight (who killed who before the show starts).
But we're enthralled. Interesting storyline. Great characters. Where is it going & how will it get there. I know we'll hate it when it gets to the end of the first season (looks like only 10 episodes).

P.S. Momoa has a nice butt.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
How long is each ep? One or two hours?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Just under one hour.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am slowly reading the books on our new kindle! I love the story and want to savor it!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Oooh, good idea - I'll have to ask konashark to get them for his Nook...then I'll borrow them to read on my computer ;)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yay, first four books installed on my laptop. Now I know what I'm doing next time I fly to Texas for drill weekend - reading these books!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Kona.

Kep421

08-11-2001

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
We started watching this show and simply love IT...I have 4 favorite characters already...guess I should of come here first to find out that's not a good idea LOL.

My husband purchased the 4 book set for my Nook Color (surprise present what a sweetie!!) and I am loving the books even more.

I had no idea these books had won awards...

A Game of Thrones is the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire, a series of epic fantasy novels by American author George R. R. Martin. It was first published on 6 August 1996. The novel won the 1997 Locus Award,[1] and was nominated for both the 1998 Nebula Award[2] and the 1997[1] World Fantasy Award. The novella Blood of the Dragon, comprising the Daenerys Targaryen chapters from the novel, won the 1997 Hugo Award for Best Novella.
The novel lends its name to several spin-off items based on the novels, including a trading card game, board game, and roleplaying game. In November 2009 HBO completed filming of a pilot episode for the television adaptation.[3] This was followed by a ten-episode full season, which premiered in April 2011.[4][5]
On 2 January 2011 the novel finally became a New York Times bestseller, hitting the paperback list at #25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've read the first two books so far. Taking my time and reading other stuff in between. So far my favorite character is Tyrion. I actually find him very sexy! He's so witty and charming. He's the nicest of the Lannisters (that's not saying a whole lot, is it?).

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am finally a head of the show! I am so in love with the book, lol. so far, my favorite characters are Danni, Jon Snow, Bran and Tyrion.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
DH and I finally saw the first ep, and it was way too dark and gory for me and too slow-moving for DH.

Kep421

08-11-2001

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
Well I just found out yesterday by searching A Song of Fire and Ice on Google, that there will be a new book coming out in July 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

Also, there are two more books currently being written...Looks like I'm going to be enjoying this saga for quite some time.

YAY!!!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Good show last night, kind of harsh like the books can be. Still I am in love with it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Since so many of you like this show, we thought we'd give it another try and saw the 2nd ep, which we liked a bit better. Although it's still do dark and gory for me, and too slowmoving for DH. It's kinda like an X-rated soap opera.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Never read the books (might have to) but I like the show! Too gory at times but I like Sean Bean and Mark Addy a lot...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sunday night's episode was pretty dark, but it did follow the book fairly closely. I was a little shocked by the full frontal male nudity. The nastiest part for me was seeing the horse's head get chopped off, but when they showed the horse falling, he still had his head. Special effects weren't done very well, but I'm happy for the horse. I don't think Mameblanche is going to be around this thread much longer.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol, no Mameblanche, this show doesn't shy away from the dark and gory. I am on the second book, but still the show is worth watching.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Necee, I'm hangin' in as long as I can. Thank heavens, BJM, for remote controls with fast forward buttons! ;) That's WHY I like watching it ON DEMAND, so I won't have to endure the really icky bits, if I don't want to.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I very rarely watch anything live. I also like to back things up, as in "Did I just see what I thought I saw???" (Full frontal! Ack!!!) Also backed up to see that the horse falling to the ground was still a whole horse (head intact). Poor special effects, but good for the horse!

Kep421

08-11-2001

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
am on the second book as well...

These books are more detailed in the storyline but there is a lot less sexual descriptions in the books.

I'm enjoying the series... but am totally in LOVE with the books.