TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through April 19, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody else looking forward to this show? Show premiers on HBO on April 17, with a "sneak preview" of the first 15 minutes on April 3. http://www.hbo.com/#/game-of-thrones

This looks very promising to me! I'm currently reading the book it was based on. It's a saga and I love those! Sort of a cross between The Tudors and Lord of the Rings. Lots of conspiracies, intrigue and colorful characters. The book is really good, so I can't wait! Anybody else?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I haven't read the books, but I'll be watching. It's got an impressive cast and an intriguing premise.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a really intriguing clip from the HBO web site on the making of the series and some of the background info. Don't believe it contains any spoilers, but will give you an idea of the scope of the project. This must be a really expensive show to produce! Better get good ratings or they won't be able to do it for long.

Enjoy:
http://www.hbo.com/#/game-of-thrones/about/video/inside-game-of-thrones.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oUc-PSYEJBSSmp-ol5qYy5zMXsjGyMXIyMrJJJ5aW5BfkJFbalhSVpgIAXbkXOA==

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Jason Momoa cast in Game of Thrones

Tuesday - October 20, 2009
Category: ACTORS | Tags: Atlantis, Jason Momoa

by Darren Sumner

Stargate Atlantis co-star Jason Momoa (“Ronon Dex") has landed a role in the pilot to HBO’s new fantasy drama Game of Thrones. The actor first announced the news to fans at last week’s Armageddon Expo in Australia, and it was quickly confirmed by the Chicago Tribune.

The highly anticipated new series is based on the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire by acclaimed author George R. R. Martin. The story follows a group of families vying for control of the throne of the Seven Kingdoms. Four of the series' planned seven titles have been published to date.

Momoa will play Khal Drogo, a wealthy and powerful warrior and horse lord.

The show will star Lena Headey (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (New Amsterdam), Peter Dinklage (Threshold), Jamie Campbell-Bower (The Twilight Saga: New Moon), and Jennifer Ehle (Pride and Prejudice).

Filming will reportedly take place in Morocco, Scotland and Ireland. The show will offer Jason his first nude scene and his first sex scene, according to one fan report from the convention.

Game of Thrones officially begins production on October 24. If it is picked up by HBO for a full series, expect a premiere in 2010 or 2011.

LINK to gateworld.net/news

---------------

It looks like Momoa's character goes a bit overboard with the eyeliner!

JasonMomoa

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that info, SFJF! I looked Jason Momoa up on imdb.com and he was also on North Shore, a very short-lived Hawaiian-themed show a few years back. So totally excited about his show!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yep, planning to watch this one. Haven't read the books either... hoping it will jumpstart me onto the books.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just started the first book a few days ago and can't put it down. Also can't stop thinking about the characters when I'm not reading it. It's that good. I hope the series lives up to the books!

Riviere

09-09-2000

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Definitely!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Has the show started yet?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Show premiers on HBO on April 17, with a "sneak preview" of the first 15 minutes on April 3. http://www.hbo.com/#/game-of-thrones

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks muchly BJM!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I will watch and probably read the books when my son and husband are done reading them. Sounds like it will be a good read and watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody watch the sneak preview tonight? I guarantee it gets better from here!

Here's Tim Goodman's Hollywood Reporter review (he loves it!):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/game-thrones-tv-review-174120

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I just watched the sneak preview and want to see more!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
IIRC, that "sneak peak" was pretty much the first two chapters of the book, more or less. It gets better. Can't wait!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I cheated too. Had my son tell me more of the story. looking forward to it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's TONIGHT! Yay!!!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
dang it, we decided to watch after grampa read stories to our grandsons, then I fell to sleep right as it started!!! will watch soon!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
'Necee, we decided to wait and watch it ON DEMAND at our own time and our own leisurely pace.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I think it is going to be a great series!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
First episode didn't disappoint. The visuals are astounding for a TV show.

The final scene is a bit of a shocker.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lycan, I am soooo looking forward to seeing this, although I am a bit worried about the gore-level, since I haven`t read the book.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Mame, I didn't read the books either(yet). There are a few scenes that have a bit of a gore level, but it's not too bad, IMO.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lycan. I'm still quite looking forward to it, and have convinced hubby of two things, 1) He's gonna luv it, and 2) I won't watch it without him, due to the expected carnage. ;)
The funniest thing is that we'll probably watch it over dinner.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Loved it! So far it seems to be pretty true to the books. The scenary and backgrounds are beautiful!