TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 19, 2011 users admin

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Great to see Michael J. Fox again. He and Alisha have really good chemistry together, but I'd hate to see her leave Lockhart Gardner. In a way, it seems like they might be setting us up for her to leave - if she finds out about Kalinda and Peter. Hope not, though. I wouldn't mind if she did leave Peter, though. For me, it's one of the weaker parts of the show.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope she doesn't leave Lockhart Gardner too. If she went with MJ Fox the show would change and be all about him IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he is not why I watch the show.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I have never liked Michael J. Fox very much, but now that he is so sick, I feel bad for him and guilty because I don't like him as a performer.
There. I said it.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Cat, you said it well. I've always found him arrogant and it shows in his acting. And I also feel slightly guilty for not liking him on this show, but his character is so smarmy it's annoying.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Cat and Gurl, we mostly only know Michael through the characters that he has played. I would suggest for a more in depth insight into who he is, you read his books. I read all 3 and find him a delight and one to be much admired.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm not necessarily looking for more insight into any actors. There are actors that I enjoy, there are actors that I don't enjoy. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about them as they're just entertainment. I prefer to get to know the people around me that matter.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Ophil, I too have read a couple of his books and even though I liked him before, I really like him now. He is one of the few stars that has not been featured doing drugs, being unfaithful to his wife, etc. etc. The disese he is battling is bad enough when you are old, can't imagine being as young as he is and having it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Are the Florricks going to be my neighbors? Just four miles away in Oak Brook. (Actually, I think Alicia will be staying in the apartment. Peter won't?) But what a difference four miles makes. Doesn't look anything like that where I live. Nice, but nothing like that.

Good show tonight. I thought Alicia might faint when she was walking down the corridor at the end.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"I'll be there in 20 minutes." Oak Brook to office in downtown Chicago. I don't think so.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Wow. One of the early story lines was how now that they were living in an apt, and not wealthy, her friends did not seem to be her friends anymore. It was one more thing she lost when it all went bad.

So now she has her own life as well as still being the good wife. She has a job, she has created a spot for herself. Kalinda was a big part of that. The person she could ask favors and trust. And who she felt trusted her.

Now she can't trust that her new life that she has built is real......

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I love this show but the Kalinda/Leila plot is disapointing. Why would Leila go to all the trouble to change her name to hide this affair then stay in the same town, work for the guy's wife and risk running into all those many dozens of people who know her? It's just not logical.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I don't think she changed her name to hide the one-night-stand she had with Peter. I think that was a side-effect of something else.

I felt so bad for Alicia at the end. What a horrendous way to find out.

Question: Did I miss something a while back? What's with that investigator and his being so weird. I know he's the investigator for the State's Attorney's office. What I don't get is why he's so weird and why he usually (not last night) has his kids with him. Did they explain that part of the story or were they just trying to bring in an odd character and thought we'd not wonder why he is the way he is?

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl - Not sure why the investigator acts so weird, but they did say in a previous episode that he takes his job as Mr. Mom very seriously (If I recall, I think the wife made more money in her line of work), but that he's also really good at his investigative job. So I guess that's why he always has his kids around.

Poor Alicia - she was finally getting a really awesome, well-deserved day and then to have to hear that news...
Rissa - I agree, not understanding the logic behind Kalinda/Leila either.

ETA - I don't know why, but I always crack up at the "in my opinion" judge.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Agree that the investigator is weird. I also don't understand his need to keep digging at this one point or to literally follow her to this celebration party.

I also don't understand the Kalinda/Leila side story taking off this way and since she's one of my favorite characters, I want them to stop messing with her.

Loved the "in my opinion" judge. Is she the lady from SNL?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just don't like that storyline at all.. and she's my favorite too..

Csnog

07-18-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
As I understood, Kalinda needed to change her name for some purpose and Peter was the one who did it.
Kalinda slept with Peter in exchange for his help covering up her past.

Kalinda left her job at the state attorney's office..Why, we don't know.

Wiley was an investigator before becoming Mr.Dad as his wifes job as some sort of NASA expert pays very well... he didn't want to go back to work but was persuaded....By that DA?

Oh well, I didn't get his job description but it was that guy who ordered the investigation into Kalinda who is sitting on the information in exchange for a job with Peter.

Kalinda and Cary have steamy scenes together..He seems to have a crush on her.

We only have three more episodes so this will probably be a will she or won't she stay with Peter.
Peter on the other hand has been low profile..Could be their fazing him out..What could they call the show then?
Maybe it's going to show the way politics work.
Will it conflict with the law firm?

It has to go into another direction now that the election is over.

Are we going to have some we love, disappear from the show or will they be a liaison between Peters office and the law firm?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Really thinking hard here after reading Csnog's post.

The guy who is digging deep into Kalinda and sitting on it in order to get a job with Peter is screwed since the info got out. Thinking he's not long for the State's Attorney's office now.

Cary is on a fence...stay with Peter or go back to Lockhart Gardner (if they double Alicia's salary as he stated a few episodes ago).

Kalinda has betrayed one of her two real friends.

Alicia is now potentially going to be going head-to-head with her husband at trials if she remains a practicing attorney. This could get REALLY interesting if she kicks him out of the house because there was more than one woman that he cheated with and the other happens to be Kalinda.

Will's girlfriend is going to start keeping a closer eye on his relationship with Alicia.

But Grandma got everything she wanted and will probably meddle even more. Grandma needs to move to Florida.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kalinda became friends after the betrayal, though..

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Alicia is going to remember that Lorena Bobbit got off

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I love that thinking Maris.

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
> Peter on the other hand has been low profile..

I don't know how far in advance they've taped but I know he's been doing That Championship Season play on Broadway. It opened in March and runs another 7 weeks. Co-stars: Kiefer Sutherland, Brian Cox, Jim Gaffigan and Jason Patric.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
After Peter's win was announced on television, Peter came out for the congratulations, but we saw only a glimpse of someone in a dark suit, not really his face.
Maybe he is being written out for awhile.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Aha, that's it, Cat, 'out for awhile'. That's where I like him...out!

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Here is info about Chris Noth. He is billed as a recurring character, not as a lead, which is the reason he is in less episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442462/news#ni9603070

"Executive producer Michelle King tells TV line it was a case of business side of TV at work, with scheduling and creative considerations resulting in Noth's no-show. (at the victory celebration for his campaign)

"The actor is only a recurring player on The Good Wife and therefore not under contract. His availability was limited due to other acting roles, tying producers' hands.

“We knew he’d only be available for a certain number of the final episodes,” King explains. “We had some flexibility as to which episodes should feature Peter."

Catfat

02-27-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I missed tonight's show, can anyone give me a condensed version?
Thanks