TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through April 07, 2011 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I don't like Chelsea Handler at all. I know her show is very successful, but I can't stand it. (My husband has it on sometimes. I usually leave the room or fall asleep.)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think she's quite funny, and she doesn't strike me at all as someone who can dish it out but not take it. I read one of her books and it was mostly her poking fun at her own trashy lifestyle. I'd agree that her style and sense of humor are not for everyone. She's biting and not apologetic about it. My only complaint is that I wish she'd put on some mascara! She's a beautiful lady and her eyes just disappear with those blonde eyelashes.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I think the reason I found her more grating than funny is because I know someone like her in real life. Whats funny on tv is not too much when its close up!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I love her. She just cracks me up, and from what I have read in her books, the family she discusses on shows does not really resemble her true family.

And I have seen her co-horts nail her to the wall on her show and she just laughs and says good one.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Chelsea Handler always looks high to me or extremely botoxed. It's as though when she talks only her mouth moves and not the rest of her face. It's weird.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never had a good opinion but seeing her on The Talk.. whoa. I'm not fond of mean and she seems to just get off on it. But I'm not much for "mean is funny" comedians either.

Loved the other guest busting Julie Chen.. she had just said that she was always totally career oriented and he said that when they were CBS interns together, HE was the one working crazy hours and Julie was OUT of there at closing time. LOL..

I love Julie on this show.. she really lets you see her goofy side. Like one day she was talking about how she does a silly dance to entertain her 17 mo old son, Charlie and then she did the dance and it was REALLY silly. Not that we don't all act that way in private, but I just loved that she did that.

And just because SHE can take it doesn't mean her dishing it out isn't sort of uncomfortable for others.

Anyway, she may have been my least favorite of their guest, ever.

I got email from Ozzy's people today.. I'm on some list for Ozzy and they showed the ebay auctions for Ozzy's space outfit and Justin's space outfit. So far both over $2000 but Justin's was a bit higher.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She is very Kathy Griffin-ish. Shes OK as long as shes not talking about politics. Some of these comics I feel have no idea what they are talking about in the way of politics but only what they think is the cool way to believe. Also,Her stand up delivery/timing is terrible.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Kathy is far more funny, and more likable. I'm not sure I can explain it. I feel like Kathy really wants to be liked, and I feel like she's more of an everyman type, whereas Chelsea doesn't seem to care if you like her and her alcoholism and bedhopping make her someone I can't relate to as well (even if it is all in the past).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I dont really think shes promiscuous or an alcoholic,I think thats just her gimmick/schick. Yes, I see what you mean by Kathy being more likable.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Her book reads like she's describing her escapades from her past. Her "horizontal" book is presented as a "memoir", stories of her past. I'm sure they are exaggerated, but it's still not something I can relate to!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't like Kathy either.

Yes, no matter how they may be really, the "humor" puts me off so I want nothing to do with them.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I thought I was the only person who was not a KG or CH fan. Not much into Joan Rivers either. Don't like "mean funny".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
With you on Joan, too.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying this show, I hope it sticks around for a long time. This week they had some really good guests, including Marian Wright Edelman, Founder and President of the Children's Defense Fund, a clip of her segment is below.

CBS.com The Talk Marian Wright Edelman

The link below is to full episodes of The Talk, they keep them only for a short time, but all of this week is still there.

CBS.com The Talk Full Episodes

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good guests, but . . . . When the five ladies start purposely talking at the same time, trying to talk above each other (Leah Remini's voice usually stands out) -- I turn it off. No kind of information or entertainment there. It hurts my ears. I don't like it. The more I turn it off, the more likely I won't be turning it on in the first place.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I've never noticed them doing that, I see them as having a normal conversation. But I have always liked Leah R, she's funny and fun to me. The loud parts I don't like on any talk show, is the audience screaming, I have to mute it when that happens; it's like nails on a chalk board to me.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've noticed it two or three times lately. They seem to do it purposely. NOT entertaining to me. Now old AFV programs are run opposite The Talk on a local station. Guess what I'm watching more and more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I record it and watch. I really like the sh.ow and many of their guests. I also like that often some of their moms are in the audience

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Is this show suddenly cancelled?

I have set to record as a series, the last show taped was on Wednesday. Today is Friday 25 and no shows taped, reason "system deleted on account of change by network."

The promos for all of next week describes the same show every day.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My TiVo schedule shows a specific synopsis for the show each day next week. Following week is short general description. That's normal. Maybe your problem is related to college basketball on CBS preempting the show. It did twice (I think it was) last week. It may again. Maybe your show schedule is due to that?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think so.. they had Regis on this week and Larry King is coming next week.. when Sharon Osbourne is off taping for America's Got Talent they usually put in a guest.

They did skip some days for the basketball.

I'm pretty sure there was a show yesterday, but my memory's not always perfect. I just seem to remember coming home from driving and there being a The Talk to watch.

And my DVR Schedule shows

Monday 3/28 TV Personality Larry King
Tuesday 3/29 Actor Patrick Warburton; Little Big Town perfoms
Wednesday 3/30 Musician Sheryl Crow; Dierks Bentley performs
Thursday 3/31 Actress Nicole Sullivan; actor Kevin McKidd; TV personality Shaunie O'Neal
Friday 4/1 Autism awareness; musician Blake Shelton

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thank you all!!! i was worried for alittle bit
my schedule is back to normal.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, March 28, 2011 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
My'Talk!' is back on my schedule.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Today, Leah Remini is wearing just about the ugliest dress I've seen. It looks even worse because it is a full length dress.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And I turned it off for the usual reason -- the ladies are talking at the same time over each other. It's just noise. That is NOT entertainment.