TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : Archive through March 04, 2011 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I bet you will!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, January 21, 2011 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    

Bandit

07-29-2001

Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
This was one of the best episodes yet. Man, I love this show!

"Why the whoooosh?"

And also the part where Jay says that the email is a naked picture of Gloria, and Phil says he needs to sit down. The whole time he's sitting, he has this very intense look on his face; you can tell he's thinking what a picture like that might look like. Then he turns and looks at Gloria for a moment, then goes back to contemplating. Absolutely hysterical! No dialogue, and kinda happening in the background, but so funny.

Triciatoronto

07-04-2010

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Triciatoronto a private message Print Post    
The Return of Clive and Julianna was funny. Seeing Phil in that bed with the roses made me laugh.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And viewers knowing it was NOT Julianna on the other side of the door!!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Another great episode. I loved how both Cam and Mitchell always thought they were the object of the crushes, and poor Manny's crush on Hailey. He's such a miniature 40-year-old.
Also, liked Clive and Juliana. Ty Burrell does painful-to-watch comedy so well.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
This was probably my least favorite episode. I still liked it. Loved Manny as the grown up babysitter! (I missed the whole thing about his crush on her!) (Now I am doubting that he was written as the mature advice giver while she was babysitting.) Phil in the bed was very funny but otherwise, I didn't like the Clive / Julianna return. Cam and Mitchell were funny at times, but I did not enjoy the storyline. (I know it's a comedy, but they have a child together. Along with that bothering me, I didn't think the story was funny. I thought it was immature.) I did not enjoy Gloria and Jay this episode.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree with Happymom on many aspects. Do NOT like Manny crushing on Haley...they are freakin related! by marriage but still!

I did love seeing Dylan at the end

Even tho this wasnt my fav I still laughed and smiled through the 30 mins...unlike many eps of Big bang and Cougar town lately

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, February 11, 2011 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I guess I saw this "crush" episode differently. I just think of a crush as a feeling for someone that you don't really do anything about. I never felt as though Cam or Mitchell thought it was anything except flattering. They both felt the same way. But I don't believe they would have done anything about it. They've shown how much they love each other and how committed they are to their marriage and their child. It just seemed innocent to me.

Same thing with Manny. He's eleven and it doesn't seem unusual for him to have a little crush on a much older, hot girl. A girl who will never give him the time of day, which he has to know. He picked the most self-absorbed, least aware girl on the planet.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 11, 2011 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I agree. Wasn't the best episode they've done, but it had its moments.

I think I'm one of the only people that thinks writing Manny as a "little man" is kinda creepy. Some of his stuff is funny, but I think they write him too over-the-top and need to make him more of a boy more often. The kid needs to have fun like kids do. He's written too extreme in the "old" direction. They just need to tone it down a bit. JMHO.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 11, 2011 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about Cam and Mitchell...knowing somebody has a crush on you (feeling desirable) and acting on it are two different things.

Triciatoronto

07-04-2010

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Triciatoronto a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode. I have had a crush on Matt Dillon since The Outsiders so that is almost 30 years...yikes! It was great to see him. My favourite line of the night is a repeat from Phil "I've got Gloria!"

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, February 18, 2011 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I didn't enjoy this week's show as much as I've enjoyed those in the past. (same with The Middle) Maybe I was in a bad mood or tired or something. Maybe they just weren't as funny. I still love this show though.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jay to Claire: "When you get a massage you sound like a Tijuana prostitute."

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought last night's show was very funny, especially the stuff between Claire and Phil. So typical of men/women relationships! I do wish Hailey had gotten caught though...but doesn't she realize that is going to come back to haunt her when she can't produce her half of the money?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That was a good one last night.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
It was hilarious last night! I wish my husband had been home to watch it with me - so many times I could have looked over at him and said SEE!! LOL!

Triciatoronto

07-04-2010

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Triciatoronto a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I feel like the writers are peeking in my windows. The stuff between Claire and Phil is just so real!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
EXCELLENT show last night! Very funny! Phil when Gloria was going to "do him"! LOL! There were so many great moments! Very well written. I really really enjoyed it!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I wasn't able to pay full attention to the show last night but really got a kick out of Phil at the spa getting advice from all the ladies. (And then you can see his disappointment when Claire doesn't notice what's different about him.) Claire's often too stressed & intense to make me laugh much but when she said she wanted her daughters to bond and talk about boys the way she and Mitchell did cracked me up.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this ep was more drama than comedy, imo.
Last week they hit a homerun and this week didnt get to first base in terms of the funny

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
oh I loved this episode. The whole celebrating "adopting" was a riot, Cam is just such a great mush. The flashback scenes where he is so frightened about getting lucy were just a riot. I love Mitchel and Cam, wish I knew them in real life.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
The whole celebrating "adopting"

yay....adopting..

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I wish I had neighbors or friends like Cam and Mitchel. Love them!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My daughter (who is adopted) and I watch the show together. Her comment was 'well, of course you cheer adoption!' she and i both got teary eyed at the story Mitchell wrote.