TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 01, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to it.. Sara (Callie) says Chyler (Lexie) has a wonderful voice. And Kevin McKidd (Owen) was on The Talk today.. love his real accent (Scots), which we don't hear on the show.. he says it was scary for those of them who don't usually sing in public. Says it was second nature for Sara.

If my cat started singing in English it WOULD surprise me!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm also looking forward to it. I don't want to go into it with a negative attitude because then I probably will hate it but I can't wait to see how they all do.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I also don't the baby to die but this episode is ridiculous, the songs don't even fit the situations, just plain silly

Wendo

08-07-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wendo a private message Print Post    
I'm a big fan of Glee.

But this singing ep of Grey's is stupid.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Now that is a strange posting

Yoda

08-11-2005

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yoda a private message Print Post    
Did not care for the singing episode...Callie has a nice voice and I could have lived with her singing at the start but the rest of the show was just strange.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The singing majorly distracted from the story. I'll admit I went into it not wanting to like it, so I started with a negative attitude; but it was worse than I expected because of the huge distraction. This show does not need a gimmick. It does just fine standing on its own.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I was pleasantly surprised at how good some of their voices were. Especially, Kevin McKidd.

I really liked the episode, but I like musicals.

I loved the Buffy musical. One of the best of all seasons.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I.hate.the.music.crap.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Simply awful.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The lyrics didn't fit the situations & Callie can sing alot better than that. See "What happened to my part" from Spamalot.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I loved it! I saw it as being shown through Callie's perspective. When one is in that situation, there is perception of what is going on, but it is slightly warped.

Recently I had delicate spinal surgery. Then came heart failure and pulmonary edema. I was kept half awake for the surgery and semi conscious for days after. Later I asked my daughter why certain things happened and she explained that I had put my own spin on things. An example is that I wondered why she let my granddaughter stand at the foot of my bed yelling at me to live. What really happened was that the nurse was quietly asking me to fight to breath because my granddaughter needed me. She reminded me that teenagers don't listen to their parents but they do listen to their grandmas. She told me I could traumatize her for life if I gave up.

There were many other instances like that. For that reason, to me, Greys just showed what was going through Callie's mind while she was in and out of consciousness. She knew what their doctor sides would do and what their friend sides would feel so it was running through her mind while she tried to come back.

IMO this episode was less off the wall than the one where Meredith met her mother and other dead people after the ferry accident.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. I was also pleasantly surprised by some of their voices. It was just different than the norm. Could they have gone without a musical show? Probably but I'm sure they all enjoyed doing it. I guess Patrick Dempsey can't carry a tune :-)

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I was looking forward to it, but didn't like it very much. They had good voices, but it just seemed to muck up the script. I also thought more of them would sing and it wouldn't be the "Cally show."

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I loved it!!! to me it was no different than the music sound track played through out the show normally. it's not like they broke away from the operating table and started dancing! LOL
I liked that they remained in character while they sang.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked it too. Apparently meredith,Christina and McDreamy do not sing because they always sang in a chorus.
On another note-the actor that plays Sloane is looking terrible.He has that hollowed out,drawn up look to him-just like Charlie Sheen had this season.Hes either ill or on drugs.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Lake, I've noticed that all season. He's lost too much weight.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I liked it. I thought Meredith did sing at one point.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Meredith did sing at one point. I'm thinking that the operating masks helped out in case they were lip-synching...LOL! I didn't love it as much as I expected, but I didn't hate it either. I might have to watch it again because sometimes I was distracted by the drama so I didn't catch the singing and sometimes I was distracted by the singing so I didn't catch the drama. I'm so glad they didn't kill the baby (for now at least). Also, why would they have a baby doctor who doesn't know how to take care of a baby in utero whose mother is in distress? That doesn't make sense. Surfactin(sp?) would seem to be self-evident! Must be giving the actress an exit strategy. Second, I understand why Teddy didn't want to try the other surgery but it seemed clear that it was a better choice, and now she's refusing to teach Christina? Ego bruised much?

Carmenv

04-14-2006

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carmenv a private message Print Post    
Wow. I went into that with no preconceived ideas about the musical element, so had no opinion one way or the other, but...that was just bad. I hope they never do this again. As someone else said...it was just so distracting! A great storyline otherwise, but I couldn't get into it with all the singing.

On another note, I'm glad I'm not the only that noticed that Sloan is not looking well at all...

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
I thought that Arizona was the only baby doc there. The others were gyn docs. I thought it was odd not to have a peds attending not present.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
What was the sex of the baby? I was so distracted by all of the singing I didn't even pay attention to that detail. TIA

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Tried to find a recent picture of Dr. Sloan/McSteamy=Eric Dane but couldn't.

I know he and his wife were known for partying with drugs and alchohol. I also know they have 1 year old baby girl. Hope he's not using.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was a little girl I think, because Arizona told Callie while she was still asleep that "she" needed a name.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Chitchat, the baby was a girl.