TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 01, 2011 users admin

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie_girl. How sad for the rest of the members of the team which are like family!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The only way to keep the team (and Emily) safe from Ian Doyle was for the team to think Emily was dead.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
That's true, but I thought they'd tell them after the funeral. I understand them needing the real emotion from the team for the funeral in case they were being watched, but I guess I'd hoped the team would know after the funeral was over.

I'm also a little confused as to when JJ's job became enough of a high level clearance that she would be in on knowing Emily was still alive, when all she did before was choose the cases and talk to the media (I don't mean that in a bad way, I luv JJ). I didn't realize the new job was that much of a promotion.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Loved seeing JJ last night. DD and I were near tears when JJ said Prentiss never made it off the table, but when JJ was looking at Hotch over Reid's shoulder when she was comforting Reid, I told DD then, Emily's still alive. Yay for that, but nay that she won't be part of the team anymore. I liked her soooo much better than Elle, and the new girl doesn't impress me much yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I knew she was alive around then, too.. Don't like new girl much at all.

Also wanted to know about her cat.

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
I am so sick of this story line. Hope it's over!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
The only way to keep the team (and Emily) safe from Ian Doyle was for the team to think Emily was dead.

but i think we are all forgetting. Everyone involved with the Doyle case was "dead" officially...and he still found them all. Since prentiss didnt have an opencasket ceremony NOR was cremated, it would be relatively easy for someone to assume she isnt dead. A quick dig up of the casket could prove that.

Also, i thot it was clearly Prentiss in the last scene at the paris bistro. Bitten nails, right height and that distinctive way of walking.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
An episode was on ION tv last night when Prentiss' mom, who was played by Kate Jackson, was on and she was an ambassador. I fell asleep before it ended though!

I also liked Emily much better than Elle.

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Someone remind me what happened to Elle, please.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Hi Holly,

If I recall correctly, Elle let a rape case become too personal, so she murdered the suspect in an alley but pretended it was in self defense. She was cleared of the incident as it being a good shooting, but the team, or at least Hotch and Gideon, knew better. I think Hotch ordered her to get counseling or something, which she refused and her whole attitude and countenance changed. Someone please fill in the blanks, but I think either Hotch fired her, or she left and Hotch was in agreement with her leaving. I can't fully recall.

Also, Elle had some residual issues left over from before, from when she was shot by an unsub, & had decided the team didn't have her back since it was Hotch who had sent her home to rest on the day she got shot by an unsub who was somewhat stalking the team. This had happened some time before she lost it and killed the rapist. She just kind of threw this incident in Hotch's face as a retort when he as reprimanding her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But Sunshyne, the difference is back then Ian Doyle "thought" Lauren Reynolds died in a car accident after he was arrested. This time around, he stuck the wooden stake through her stomach. I'm sure they highly publicized it that an FBI agent was killed in the line of duty. Since Ian Doyle got away, they have to make sure he thinks she is dead.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Today's paper mentioned that she has a pilot for a comedy show and of course if that works out for her she'd stay gone, but they did leave it open.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
I'm an idiot. It never occurred to me that she wasn't dead. I cried and had to pause it to stop the mascara from stinging the heck out of my eyes.
I was also secretly hoping for the new chick to bite it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I cried because Garcia and others were so sad..

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
JJ's promotion was into anti-terrorism. I suppose that carries a much upgraded security clearance. She had a lot more "presence" in this episode than she had previously. (and she looked great, as always)

Prentiss was a good agent, but never one that really had a connection with anyone else on the team. Except maybe Garcia.

Doyle will return at some point, maybe not this season. For those of us who had the NFL package on DirecTV, we all recognized Ian Doyle as the "Opulence" guy. A pretty funny commercial that advertised the NFL package. I kept waiting for him to utter "OPULENCE", but no joy.

I like the new agent, because she is new, and because I remember her from "Alias", one of my favorite shows ever. She'll contribute, just give her time. But will Prentiss be replaced? And if so, by whom?

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ahnicka :-) Appreciate it!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope, I saw that commercial the other day, and I don't have the NFL package or DirecTV, so they must be showing it on regular TV now. If we're talking about the same one, that is. The one I've seen in where he has a Russian-type accent, and has electrodes on his biceps, and tiny giraffe on a treadmill, and a big guy lifting weights. As soon as I saw it, I yelled to myself "It's Doyle!" lol

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Is this the commercial you're talking about? It's funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMsSIjQXxo

ETA - I found the one with the tiny giraffe on a treadmill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHT6b7u1_Y

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Yep, those are the ones. They advertised DirecTV in general rather than the NFL package, though, I got that part wrong. But I always sit through them, never fast-forward as they make me smile every time. I like the end of that first one when he kisses the little giraffe and pumps his fists.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Holly.

Thanks Lycanthrope for explaining JJ's promotion. I didn't know exactly what she was promoted into when she left the BAU.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
new episode tonight!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
not sure what to make of this last episode.

SO those three were NOT burned in the fire? OR did some haunting/ demonic entities take the Appearances of the Three in order to torment the Unsub further??

The scene at the end suggested that the Boy was cursed/ attached to --- since he was a toddler.

Wish they had gone one step further during the show and actually interviewed the mother. If she was one of those fanatics, it could have explained a bit more of why the Son ended up that way.

Think of the Raphael two parter... we saw why the unsub ended up with a split psyche, it added a real pathos to the character.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think that the 3 had always been with him. Like they said, some serial killers are just born that way. I think they took the faces of the 3 after they were burned in the fire since he felt guilty for killing them.

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I thought he was just severaly schizophrenic, rather than being a serial killer?!?

Elizabeth116

11-26-2006

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Elizabeth116 a private message Print Post    
They actually said he wasn't schizophrenic since he had been seeing them his whole life and schizophrenia doesn't manifest itself that early. He had some other sort of psychological problem.