TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 23, 2011 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
It was on Numbers, Costa.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ok Reenie, I'll watch it instead of TMZ tonight (who wants to see more of CS anyway?). When I walk out of the office to go home I shall officially suspend all disbelief so that I can get into the episode without rolling my eyes every three minutes. After I watch, I will then go to my home office and post my opinion.

And thanks Costa, thought I was the only one getting tired of the 9/11 storyline.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl - HAHAAA!!!!looking forward to your post!

P.S. As a person who lost a loved one on 9/11 I too hate when they keep "using the 9/11 card".

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I actually don't really care if it's believable or not. I like the characters, so I watch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kookliebird.

This is why you will occassionally see me post a question about whether something is true IRL. You have to suspend belief so much that I am not always sure what could really happen IRL and what is only a TV concoction/stunt/CGI.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
This is why the show is not called a documentary! LOL

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Again today, I need a "Like" button on TVCH. (For all the above posts).

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ok, I took notes:

They had 1 federal agent, three detectives, & an author trying to stop a bomb plot that could take out all of Manhattan. Really? The agent actually said at one point "Let's Roll." Really? Not only did they recover in one hour and were immediately out solving crime, but in that hour the ambulances never left the warehouse to take them to the hospital. Really?

LOL! In all, I enjoyed this week much more than last week. Maybe I was just crabby last week, who knows.

Yes, it was probably the most unrealistic episode they've had and the worst part is that they stretched it to two hours.

I will still pledge my undying love for this show. It didn't quite jump the shark, but it came close. However, I will NOT stop watching. It's great TV.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl - I've been waiting for your post!! (well not actually waiting LOL).

ITA with everything you said!

LOL - yes, they stretched it to two hours!!! The fact that they went right back to work after just about freezing to death just cracked me up.

However, I love the characters and will forgive them for this 2 episode total lack of realism!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, but since they DID have to save New York could they really afford the time to go to the hospital...LOL!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
They were unconscious! For god knows how long! That's what I find so funny. Sure, her doctor/paramedic/boyfriend (what the hell is he anyway...why would he be in an ambulance; I thought he was a surgeon) said that he'd been out for an hour, but is that an hour once they found them? How long were they out before they were found? How long were they in that freezer before they passed out? How did they just happen to find her car in a random alley in all of Manhattan?

I laugh when I think of all the unanswered questions there were in this episode. I know that this show is never close to realistic & I really don't expect it to be, but this ep took it to new extremes. So much so, that we're still talking and laughing about it. Not saying I could do any better. I have no imagination and could never write for any type of television show so kudos to the writers. But, I think it was Take Your Child To Work day when this one was put together.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought he was an ER doctor, so it is conceivable that he could be out running ambulances.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Have to agree that considering how well written the show was a few weeks ago with "the kiss" episode this one had the feeling the lead writers were on vacation. I guess it would be too hard to maintain the sexual tension between Castle and Beckett without approaching any kind of resolution. Of course if they got together you could play with their off duty behavior but that would only last just so long and they'd lose one of the major underlying story lines for the show.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I'm loving all this chat about the show! Let's see what they have in store for us next week!!

I wish the Producers read this thread to see how we all felt about the 2 part episode!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jmm, thanks! I finally remembered the name of that show today (Numbers!). :-)

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I finally caught the last episode and really enjoyed it; liked seeing the closeness between Beckett and Castle. I'm glad Adrian Pasdar turned out to be a good guy. I loved Castle at the end when he was trying to get Pasdar to stay in touch and that they could have a code word for when there was about to be a catastrophe - a word like "run".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh come on. Having them sit around there for a whole hour is totally unrealistic. You guys obviously haven't watched "24". Jack would have been out of that freezer and back in action in less than five minutes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good point, Jimmer! DH and I just watched both episodes yesterday (he wanted to wait and watch them together, rather than have a whole week for the second part). I loved that there were actually two Jack Bauer references in this show. Once they actually called someone a "Jack Bauer" type. And again when they talked about two characters named (Something) Bauer and Jack (Something). Of course this show is very unrealistic, but I don't watch this show for realism. I watch for the chemistry among the characters, not just Castle and Beckett, but the two detectives and the medical examiner. Loved when she accidentally called Ramirez (?) "baby" in front of everyone. "Did I say that?"

This show is not a documentary, but I love the characters. Oh, and Martha and Alexis too! We laugh out loud more on this show than any other that we watch. Love Castle!!!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
No one said it was a documentary. Most of us just agreed that it was the MOST over-the-top unrealistic episode they've ever done. I've never even pretended to believe that it's realistic. It's just that this particular episode was way, way too much. It's not going to keep us from watching. This one was good for a laugh if nothing else.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, like I said to DH when the red numbers (which are mandatory on every TV bomb ever!) were ticking down to zero, "Do you think they'll disarm the bomb in time?" I never seriously expected any harm to come to either of them. It just wouldn't be Castle without Castle and Beckett.

This show was seriously over-the-top, but we enjoyed it anyway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah! normal murder is back, LOL. I really enjoyed the show!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo. An axe in the back is normal murder?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
And Napoleon Dynamite's girlfriend is a killer, now. My, how far we've come.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
LMAO Jmm. Is any murder normal? I love this show...they come up with the the most unique deaths since Six Feet Under. I also love how they make each episode's theme revolve around the murder. Every actor acted as if they were in a soap opera. Jane Seymour is so much better than how she acted, but she got away with it because of the soapy theme.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Love how Susan Sullivan was such a part of this episode...she really cracks me up in almost every scene she is in.