TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 03, 2011 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
and the husband did disappear... so it seems from last episode, where was he?

It was a boring episode this time and a bit ridiculous with their mention of the Tea Party and Obama and Palin 2012. Please keep politics out of the show!

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I agree, Spunky. I turned it off halfway through.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Husband is still there. He is listed as a guest star, so he is not in every episode. She is still a good wife.

Mush

09-09-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
The politics between McVeigh and Diane are part of the character development that was set up last season. I like it because the divide is very similar to my husband and I

Generally I think that the show stays pretty far away from politics, which is weird considering how much politics plays into the plot.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
The politics between the two were essential to the story about the two of them. IMO

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved the little 'Eli' story with the girl. That's the first time I've ever seen a crack in his shell...and I liked what I saw.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Whew!! Julius Cain had me worried for a while. Things turned out as planned.

Mush

09-09-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure why they did the little Julius trick. Was it to make Bonds (is that his name?) think that he had the votes so he wouldn't try to get more before the meeting? It had me scared, too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think that was the reason.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I also think that was the reason. He figured he had it sewed up so other than firming up Julius he was cooling his jets so to speak. Actually thought it was a nice blindside. Of course my wife and I were talking after the show and wondering what does this mean to the 18 remaining equity holders who voted against the remaining partners. Seems to me that would be very awkward at best and probably time to find another law firm.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I've been working odd hours so haven't been able to watch shows at their regular times this week. The above give me the idea that things went well with the vote last night and "ding dong the witch is dead." Thank god! I can't wait to watch when I get home from work.

Starr

07-09-2005

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I loved Eli in this episode, so funny seeing this side of him!

Am I the only one who thought Childs was going to throw that dart into Peter's back as Peter was leaving the office!?! LOL

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I got into law (staff position) in '81. I didn't know when I started, but eventually learned it was a very prestigious law firm in Chicago. For staff, it was a very good place to work -- good pay, benefits, people. But the attorneys did not get along. Corporate dept. thought they were bringing in the bucks and wanted more for themselves or whatever. The firm dissolved in '86. So this is type of thing that was going on?!!!

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Loved the episode. The previews sure made it look like Will was going to vote the other way. The gang of four and their outside meetings was pretty funny. I especially loved how much fun David Lee was having with all of it - suggesting not just the vote for ousting of Derrick Bond, but that HE would get his office.
Julius Cain played the blind-side perfectly. I was really getting worried they were going to oust Diane. I've always liked Christine Baranski, but I absolutely love her as Diane. She and Josh Charles have a lot of chemistry.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Best episode ever. Loved it!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Towards the end I too was laughing with them but still said to myself, they should know better than to laugh at their good fortune in winning the vote, they should second guess every move any of them makes, no matter how friendly.
I don't like to see Kalinda so vulnerable and fearful of the investigation on her, I hope she comes up with a trump card of her own.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Loved the episode. FYI - the old guys they were bringing back to the firm for their votes - they were referring to them as the "altacockers". That's Yiddish for "Old Man". It cracked me up! Loved Eli even more last night, too. :-)

ETA - the last scene with Will & Diane dancing = priceless. "We make a great couple..." "Without the sex"

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed seeing Rita Wilson again. Hope we see more of her.

Kind of hate to see Zach getting so much credit for his "contribution" to the campaign. Especially from his dad.

Bonzacat - I loved that last scene.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Why is Kalinda giving people her new addy? She never does that....she does not want to be found. I think it is a trap for the "husband"....maybe.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
With a show of hands... who here would ever have thought during episode 1 that Carey would become a character the show couldn't do without? Definately not me but every scene with him in it is so emotionally taut. Love it.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I could do without him! Never did like him and still don't, but the Kalinda kiss was sweet.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm raising my hand, but I'm adding that I don't want him and Alicia to be each others' nemesis. I'd much rather see him come back to Lockhart, Gardner (will there be anther named partner?) and become an ally of Alicia and Kalinda.

Question that just came to me as I was writing this: What happens with Blake? Is going to go away now that Bond is going away?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I want what girliegirl wants, for Carey to work with Alicia and Kalinda, then maybe I will like him.
I wonder if Blake was working for Childs too. Diane had him do a few things for her, so maybe she would want to keep him, I hope not though.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I really like Carey, but then I loved him as Logan in Gilmore Girls.
I'm really hoping he comes back to their firm.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I once declared Logan the best boyfriend of all the boyfriends on the entire show (including all of Lorelai's, Lane,s & Rory's boyfriends).