TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 17, 2011 users admin

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
This was an awesome, awesome episode. I love Michael J. Fox so much and it was great to see him in a recurring role.
I also love just how much fun the partners were having in all their spy-intrigue and planning. I think the chemistry between Will, Alicia, and Diane is great. They remind me of how much fun JR used to have when he knew he was setting someone up. I also like the other lawyer who's helping them. He seemed to be having the most fun of all.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I love that Michael J Fox is playing against type. In the scenes he was in, you really wanted him to be a 'good guy', but he isn't or is he?, no wait, he isn't. I think.
Great casting, glad to see him on tv again.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We really enjoyed this last show. Also like Michael J Fox and realize how difficult this must be for him. He had a lot of time on this show and did quite a bit. Still kind of hard to figure if he's a bad guy or a good guy....he made some points about jeopardizing a client's claim by asking for too much but, at the same time, it came off like he was really working for the company being sued. I don't think, and I hope it's true, that we haven't seen the last of him on this show.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't suppose any of us able-bodied folks will ever know what it took for him to tackle this part. Brave man! I've read all his books. If you haven't, I urge that you do.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
kudos to Michael J Fox, what a tremendous effort to act the part inspite of his illness. I liked the way Alicia smiled at him, really didn't want to be his opponent. I loved the Judge, what a character!
So, they know who the mole is, what are they going to do about it? I knew that guy was trouble from the time of the merger.
And so, Alicia is back in bed with her husband and laughing... how weird was that??
I missed the 'mean' investigator, he and Kalinda do have good chemistry...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This is one of the best shows on TV. But I am confused. I don't understand at all what is going on with Kalinda, Cary, and Blake. Who are they? What is connection among them? Is everyone else confused or can someone explain.

And did I hear right . . . did Blake say to Kalinda, "I phoned your husband"?

I gave in . . . I bought season 1 DVDs. Like I need more DVDs.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think this is one of the best shows on TV too. I have no idea what is going on with Kalinda, Cary and Blake. I couldn't hear half of what Blake and Kalinda were saying during the pat downs, so didn't hear anything about a husband. Kalinda hitting him with the baseball bat was a tad over the top IMO. I think there are video cameras in the halls of Hotels. It might look suspicious with her walking down the hall with a baseball bat.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was confused last night as well. I read in a recap that he 'found' her husband and then called her by her real name. Result: Baseball bat to the ribs.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
"What set off Kalinda, however, was when Blake called her by her real name, Lela.
Kalinda stopped all the heaving and touching that had been going on while they stood thisclose to each other. She fetched her bat from Blake’s bag and hit a hard right-field single into his rib cage. Gasping for breath, he croaked out, “I found your husband.” Kalinda looked as close as she ever comes to shock."

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2011/02/16/the-good-wife-season-2-episode-14/

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't shock easily, but Kalinda hitting him with the baseball bat was shocking. Moral, don't make Kalinda mad.
Most of the rest of the show was fun.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I couldn't for the most part understand what was said during pat downs either. Blake said he found Kalinda's husband while he was doubled up on the floor after Kalinda hit him with the bat.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I guess there was no getting to third base after she hit a strike.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Well, it sure gave us something to talk about. I am glad I was not the only one to not understand a lot of what the two of them said.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I fell asleep about 10 minutes in and woke to him on the floor after an apparent baseball bat attack. I plan to watch later today. I'll turn on the closed captioning to see what they say during this alleged (lol) pat down and I'll let y'all know what I read.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thanks gurliegirl! What a smart idea!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I hope they don't reveal and resolve Kalinda's personal life and secrets!!! What energy and suspense it adds to the show.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Color - regarding the Blake, Kalinda, Cary thing...

Cary seems to have a crush on Kalinda but has also found out some of her background now that he's at the DA's office. He appears to be trying to shield her from that legal trouble. If there is more between them, I don't know.

Blake - he revealed last night he was hired by Bond as a "fixer" and also that he has something on Will as he had done a job for Will during Will's earlier legal employment. Blake obviously has Kalinda's number - he knows her real name and that she was/is married. And probably a lot more.

Debra

11-20-2003

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Thanks Bonza! Between the lighting and the sound I didn't have a clue what was going on.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
The sound was awful!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I found it strangely satisfying.. he can be so smug.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
What Bonza said.

And, he said "I phoned your husband." The first time I watched, I thought he said "I found your husband."

I'm not a big fan of that storyline so hopefully it goes away when they vote out Bond. I like seeing Kalinda in action for the cases they take on rather than her and Blake constantly going after each other. I'm not a fan of their violent tendencies. I much prefer the intrigue.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl - I agree, I'm not into Kalinda's storyline, either. It feels very dark compared to the rest of the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 2:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. I really like Kalinda and her skills but not the dark storyline.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
More than with Blake I'd like to see Kalinda with Cary, I didn't like to see them smooching... these two should always be at odds with each other and I'd like Kalinda outsmart Blake at every turn.

Alicia's boss totally bummed at her innuendos??? Hello?? they're the smart ones, he should have figured out she was giving him a second chance... His expression was "What did just happen here??", "did I just miss something??" Duh??!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
But now he's interested in his new girlfriend. Alicia is in his past. Better for Alicia to let that one go. She is married -- however that's working. (Chris Noth never did anything for me. Did not watch Sex In the City.) Maybe let husband go too. Find someone totally new.